[0.24] StarSystems v0.2

OvenProofMars

Make PF:CE planets for Corbo and Dolas (started by Megalodon 720)

Make mod capable of creating planets (started)

I just installed this prior to going to work, so does this mean that the new stars don't have any orbiting bodies or planets yet? Also are there science multipliers implemented? If there are could you put the multiplier information somewhere in your post? Can't wait to see where this mod goes!

Similar to what happened before the update, the planets were invisible.

Are you trying to add them to one of the new stars? Or sun/black hole? The latter should work I think. Once I get home from work today I'll write that plugin to move the planets to their new home.

Make PF:CE planets for Corbo and Dolas (started by Megalodon 720)

Make mod capable of creating planets (started)

I just installed this prior to going to work, so does this mean that the new stars don't have any orbiting bodies or planets yet? Also are there science multipliers implemented? If there are could you put the multiplier information somewhere in your post? Can't wait to see where this mod goes!

Currently my mod only produces stars. We're currently looking into the best methode to create planets. In the mean time Megalodon 720 is making a PF:CE planet pack for people to use, as it might take a while before we have planet generation fully implemented. As for science multipliers, that is implemented, and the general multiplier for each star can be changed in the config file.

Yes, to Dolas, that was the agreement that me and Braininator came to.

But adding your planets to the sun/black hole doesn't give any problems right? The reason they are not showing/working I suspect is that the PF:CE code starts slightly earlier, then tries to add the the new planet's PSystembody to the PSystembody of dolas, but that has not yet been created, or is at least not in PF:CE's dictionary.

@OvenProofMars: maybe you could update the 1st post to put features/about on top, changelog below. As when someone want to take a look of what it is and just get changelog at first word, he/she may think => ":huh: mmm ok take a look at something else".

IMHO, I prefer to know what is all about before details I don't care (super informative to know an issue has been fixed or a feature added before even knowing what is the purpose of the mod). Don't you think so ?

Looks good and I really look forward to the ability to add planet in a more user-friendly way than PF CE. Kind of a create menu like the stock debug/misc menu, with "add a body", "edit a body", "remove a body" then choose orbit, parameter, import texture and eventually, if relevant, move to KittopiaTech terraforming tool to customize newly added body.

@OvenProofMars: maybe you could update the 1st post to put features/about on top, changelog below. As when someone want to take a look of what it is and just get changelog at first word, he/she may think => ":huh: mmm ok take a look at something else".

IMHO, I prefer to know what is all about before details I don't care (super informative to know an issue has been fixed or a feature added before even knowing what is the purpose of the mod). Don't you think so ?

Looks good and I really look forward to the ability to add planet in a more user-friendly way than PF CE. Kind of a create menu like the stock debug/misc menu, with "add a body", "edit a body", "remove a body" then choose orbit, parameter, import texture and eventually, if relevant, move to KittopiaTech terraforming tool to customize newly added body.

Yeah, I was actually thinking about it myself this morning when I saw the landing page. I'll add the updates to a spoiler section or something once I get home. Planet generation should be a lot more friendly, or even more random generated. We have some ideas alreadyand are currently looking into the best way of creating planets.

I'm planning on starting a new save, but i won't install this mod till it looks to be working better. how well does the existing save protection work with this? i'm alright with losing a few ships, especially if i can just spawn them back in.

Also, are there any mods that you don't expect to ever be compatible with this? i saw earlier in the forum that RPM doesn't work, as well as Scansat, but i'd like to use both in my game.

I'm planning on starting a new save, but i won't install this mod till it looks to be working better. how well does the existing save protection work with this? i'm alright with losing a few ships, especially if i can just spawn them back in.

Also, are there any mods that you don't expect to ever be compatible with this? i saw earlier in the forum that RPM doesn't work, as well as Scansat, but i'd like to use both in my game.

Well the mod is still in (early) development, and is mostly released for testing purposes. I wouldn't recommend it for starting a serous campaign yet. The new gamefixer I wrote does actually allow for the import of large save games now, but the vessel respawner solution is no longer in place. As for mod compatibility, this really depends on the mod I guess, and we've not yet landed in a stage were mod compatibility is one of our main concerns, although the end goal of course is t make it a seamless addition to the game. You have to understand that we're messing with the core of the game, and getting it to work completely right with the limited amount of information available might take a while.

hey i could add my dream star Cardiac

Star type: type X (made that up)

Mass: same as a G type star

Diameter: same as G type star

Color: Lime Green

Planet count: 20

Moons: 1000+

Description: When Xenon Kerman (a local astronomer) discovers the star he was shocked of such a star to exists. later he woke up in hospital being told that he had a heart attack. That gave him the idea to name it Cardiac.

hope you like the description.

Edited by Xenon2462

1000+ textures would require terabytes of RAM. It's why no-one tried to make a galaxy with PF:CE.

Well, with this mod the planet creation should be more efficiet.

I won't make a Skywhale, but we'll definately get a sizable amount of stars and planets from me.

The 4 necessary textures from ce themselves were only a few mb each planet even with high res images. If he can make the transition between textures and actual planets more efficient, it would be much less..

Also someone is looking for a collaborator over on ce if you're interested, oven

Currently my mod only produces stars. We're currently looking into the best methode to create planets. In the mean time Megalodon 720 is making a PF:CE planet pack for people to use, as it might take a while before we have planet generation fully implemented. As for science multipliers, that is implemented, and the general multiplier for each star can be changed in the config file.

I am currently Uploading one of the solar systems that I made to dropbox.

Dolas:

1. Ablate

2. Ascension

3. CZF30

4. Sentar (Skelton, Erin ^Pock, Ringle, Thud)

5. Urania

6. Freezer (Titania)

7. Inaccessable

Corbo:

1. Fearless (Peabody, Brag)

2. Kunar

3. Kaiser (Don, Polo)

4. Boris (Rocky, Natasha, Bulwinkle)

5. Jabin

6. Wot

Edited by Westi29