[0.24] StarSystems v0.2

OvenProofMars

Incompatibility report

I have problems running this mod along with SCANsat.

Without star systems, it works normally, but once I install this mod, the game won't let me right-click on any scansat equipment, and the maps won't display either.

In alt+F2 it spams red text "Exception: Argument is out of range." which doesn't show up without the star systems.

Here's my KSP.log.

Just thought you should know about this...

I've decided to change my plan to having just one gas giant, this means that anyone who wants to do something with the system has adequate space.

@xfrankie, sadly I can't help you, it seems that SCANsat is trying to scan something in the distance.

Incompatibility report

I have problems running this mod along with SCANsat.

Without star systems, it works normally, but once I install this mod, the game won't let me right-click on any scansat equipment, and the maps won't display either.

In alt+F2 it spams red text "Exception: Argument is out of range." which doesn't show up without the star systems.

Here's my KSP.log.

Just thought you should know about this...

Does ScanSat even work with custom planets?

What version of ScanSat are you running?

Does ScanSat even work with custom planets?

What version of ScanSat are you running?

Well, I didn't quite think of that possibility... I never tried any custom planets mod, so I don't really know how it works. I guess I assumed it would just ignore them.

Thanks for pointing out the version though, I was still using 6.0. However the newest one 6.1 does exactly the same: "Argument is out of range. parameter: index"

edit: Looks like it was a problem with my install (a rogue .dll where it wasn't supposed to be), works fine now. So, uh, sorry for bothering you.

Edited by xfrankie

Ok my planets are now ready. I too am having some incompatabilities with the stars+ PF. So for now all the planets that I know work 100% independently with no glitches are orbiting the sun. All oven will have to do is switch Sun with Corbo in a few configs if he wants to test it. I will send him the download in a few moments. I'd like to see where this mod takes celestial modding in the future :)

i think it would be nice if planets matched their parent stars somewhat, for example having the noteworthy (an example of a non-noteworthy planet would be any of the airless bodies around Kerbol, with the exception of Gilly) planets around Corbo being frozen due to Corbo's presumably low temperatures, and i think (don't quote me on this) that gas giants would be more probable around a red dwarf, due to less of the mass going to the star, and forming a gas giant instead.

Dolas on the other hand is a blue star so it's hotter than Kerbol, so one would expect deserts to be the selling point of this star. along with a lot of less interesting scorched rocks.

I wouldn't mind a habitable world to be found out there, but both of the planet packs that are being worked on for this mod feature habitable-ish worlds, and to me, that just devalues them.

Edit: also, i agree with the idea of rogue planets. A dark, cloudy planet orbiting a black hole would be perfect for prisons.

Edited by DaveStrider

Excellent mod!

I don't really have Insterstellar, though, but I do have the Jump Drive mod, so I only need to send one probe with the Jump Beacon there, and I can freely send ships to the stars without having to do another manuever, only requiring a lot of eletrical charge.

Anyway, what are the dV requirements for the other stars? And what are the ejection angles for these stars?

Lastly, will it damage my save, which has only 10 vessels in it? I hope it's an acceptable number of machines. And I cannot wait for when the two other users add the mods that add the planets to each star. I really hope that one of them has some sort of ruins that we can explore - or perhaps even cities themselves!

i think it would be nice if planets matched their parent stars somewhat, for example having the noteworthy (an example of a non-noteworthy planet would be any of the airless bodies around Kerbol, with the exception of Gilly) planets around Corbo being frozen due to Corbo's presumably low temperatures, and i think (don't quote me on this) that gas giants would be more probable around a red dwarf, due to less of the mass going to the star, and forming a gas giant instead.

Dolas on the other hand is a blue star so it's hotter than Kerbol, so one would expect deserts to be the selling point of this star. along with a lot of less interesting scorched rocks.

I wouldn't mind a habitable world to be found out there, but both of the planet packs that are being worked on for this mod feature habitable-ish worlds, and to me, that just devalues them.

Edit: also, i agree with the idea of rogue planets. A dark, cloudy planet orbiting a black hole would be perfect for prisons.

Corbos is actually bigger than Kerbol, about 6 times the diameter and 10 times the mass, so it would be more of a red giant star. Dolas has the same mass as Kerbol but is about 10 times smaller in diameter, so it would be somewhat of a white dwarf star. Of course these settings could all be changed.

What would make sense physically is that planets at the same temperature would be closer in around the lower-luminosity star and farther out around the higher-luminosity star. Luminosity depends on the square of a star's radius and the 4th power of its temperature. So a planet at Kerbin's distance in orbit around Corbo would be much hotter than Kerbin, and a planet at Kerbin's distance around Dolas would be much colder than Kerbin (since in this case Corbo is much bigger than Kerbol, even if it has a slightly lower temperature, and Dolas is much smaller than Kerbol, even if it has a slightly higher temperature). But a Kerbin-like habitable planet could still exist if it orbited farther out around Corbo, or closer in around Dolas.

Edited by metaphor

My current pack that I sent in has one habitable terrestrial planet, how I imaged earth to be like before more than unicellular life evolved. And I imagined Emralled to be a really cold laythe-like world, though if that doesn't fit around that type of star I might kill sa-fire from it and go from scratch For the third gas giant.

(I haven't taken a course or anything on planetary formation around other stars...I'll go with credible ideas you guys have for me to work with)

This problem has been happening for the last 2 days now, when I load up the game with my system enabled neither of the new planets appear. It has nothing to do with Flightglobalsindex and when it does appear this weird glitch happens.

WSglT7w.png

Okay, I'm having really bad problems with this mod and Planetfactory, firstly I have to get the planets perfect first time because if I edit ANYTHING then I get the bug seen a few posts back. Secondly, even if my gas giant has everything perfectly place and done right it either doesn't spawn or it causes the bug seen a few posts back. Thirdly, I can't add anything without making the entire system of my planets disappear or causing the bug seen A FEW POST BACK.

I give up until this is fixed as it is driving me insane.

Sorry for the shouting.

This problem has been happening for the last 2 days now, when I load up the game with my system enabled neither of the new planets appear. It has nothing to do with Flightglobalsindex and when it does appear this weird glitch happens.

http://i.imgur.com/WSglT7w.png

That's the exact problem I described a few posts back that I get when I use PF:CE with StarSystems.