[1.2.2] 10x Kerbol system development for Kopernicus: Version 6.3.0.1 - Update: April 14 2017

jsimmons

Another update. This time I uploaded the correct normal map for Kerbin. Added remote sites that map to the kerbin side tracking stations. No kerbin side yet since RSS is not supported with it. Using VOID showed I messed up the atmosphere limits. Now that is fixed. More beautification of the Overhaul version.

Another update. This time I uploaded the correct normal map for Kerbin. Added remote sites that map to the kerbin side tracking stations. No kerbin side yet since RSS is not supported with it. Using VOID showed I messed up the atmosphere limits. Now that is fixed. More beautification of the Overhaul version.

Where do I find the EVE Overhaul? I can only find the old one.

You can get the latest Overhaul itself at https://github.com/rbray89/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/tree/Overhaul. After that download the 10x version for Overhaul. For the 10x version the improvements I did was make kerbin's sky the correct color and fix the fading of the atmosphere. I did this for all the atmosphere planets. Only Eve still has the white horizon issue. Also note that I make Laythe sky a yellowish smog color since it is a cryovolcanic world.

Hi, i tried this mod and it's really cool to see realistic sized kerbin from a 200km orbit, the problem is that by using any of the astronomer's pack clouds don't seem to spin (on any planet) and when i go to the night side of kerbin city lights are partially covered by circles of what i think is ocean, is there a way to make it look better? or at least fix the clouds

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry I haven't been active on the post but the reason is I'm working on a 8K texture kerbin based on the alter height map. One of the most jarring things is when the landscape changes drastically when going from PQS to scale space. In the next release that will go away. I hope to have something ready this week end.

Finished up the new 8K Kerbin texture. On the OP page you can see the changes that have happened. The default textures are just plain ugly at scale were the new textures give a much nicer view of the planet Kerbin from a good distance. The new textures have been altered to match the new terrain created from the supplied height map. Lastly the ice sheets at the poles were missing. Now they have been restored. Also the city map for EVE has been altered so population centers will no longer be in the ocean. I will be releasing the new zip files shortly.

• 4 weeks later...

Just to give a update I'm working on moving over to Kopernicus. Just reading the RSS list I discovered another branch exist which might explain why I haven't had any luck getting it working.

Hi Nathan.

While playing with Kopernicus I noticed that a height map is a hard requirement for VertextHeightMap. For my RSS configuration I used to just set the deformity to a new value which altered the landscape. Is their a equivalent way in Kopernicus to do the same thing?

jsimmons: Yep, you can use a Finalize {} node. That has a whole separate parser that will let you modify existing PQSMods rather than replace them, and it runs by reflection so it will support anything.

Example: https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealSolarSystem/blob/master/GameData/RealSolarSystem/RSSKopernicus.cfg#L4532 (starts there)

Note that finalizeOrbits may or may not be needed; have it true for RSS-like behavior. You definitely want removeUnused set true, however, as that will clean up by removing unused maps and textures (freeing RAM).

• 5 weeks later...

Just to bring people up to date. Thanks to Natan suggestion the planets have been restored to the same state as the 0.90 version. What I did discover is that pre-Kopernicus didn't render the PQS the same way as Kopernicus does so the landscape changed. Kopernicus actually renders more closely to the actually height map than old RSS did. The new surface is in fact closer to my scaled space kebin color map. I had to redo the launch sites which I have finished all but the KSC2 site. I'm still working on that but that is the only work holding up a release.

Released the new version of 10x kerbol based on Kopernicus for KSP 1.0.X versions. I hope you enjoy this version. I have released fewer packages since several visual enhancement packages are out of date and use things like Kittoptech which collides badly with Kopernicus. The OP page contains details of the changes for this release. As for looking forward we

have a few items to look at.

1. What time wrap mod should we support. Currently the extra time warp levels offered by RSS are no longer available.

2. Overhaul support completion. Currently I release a earlier version of Overhaul that had very few glitches. The latest version seems to pretty good except for the atmospheric scattering.

I don't know if this is a bug or if the current configuration is broken. I will be looking into it.

3. Need to address a few bodies that are not complete (Gilly, Laythe, and Eve)

Once I work out the kinks with the latest overhaul I will be posting a video.

Here is a video

I created of a flight from the new KSC2 using the latest EVE overhaul. At take off you can see the old KSC2 tower on top of a hill. It returns to land at the KSC2 by flying along the water way that runs through the canyon to very near the KSC base.

Sorry no sound. That is me being a newbie with screen casting.

Edited by jsimmons
why no sound

Wondering if the problem I'm having is something someone else has encountered before, not expecting serious troubleshooting or anything. The planet looks fantastic, I'm really excited, but my KSC is floating in mid-air? I changed locations through KSC switcher, different terrain to float over, but nothing that would allow for, say, rolling a rover safely off the runway without hundred meter or so drop. I have default EVE, 1.0.4 ksp. It's ok if the answer is 'no idea, reinstall', but since I have reinstalled and tried limiting just to recommended mods, just thought I'd see if this is a known, easy rookie mistake.

Thanks!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.