0.25 Discussion thread

EnderSpace

With the new information, and the hints from Squad about the new 'mystery' feature, it sounds like it very well could be re-entry effects. I was skeptical that they would be implementing that anytime in the near future, but that hint makes it seem somewhat plausible I suppose. The Administration building features is no surprise, just more management-end stuff that I'll never use, at least until that whole mode is fleshed out.

Reentry effects belong as part of an improved aero model IMO (it is, after all, an aerodynamic effect). If it's a separate reentry system I'll be disappointed.

I think that this may show that 0.25 might be released in the next weeks(I don't know how long testing goes)

But i'm probably wrong.

IIRC it's a couple of weeks in QA then a couple in Experimentals, but you never know. Time to make the boarding call for the #HypePlane?

Reentry effects belong as part of an improved aero model IMO (it is, after all, an aerodynamic effect). If it's a separate reentry system I'll be disappointed.

IIRC it's a couple of weeks in QA then a couple in Experimentals, but you never know. Time to make the boarding call for the #HypePlane?

I'll board the #Hypeplane aswell then

I'm hoping the new mystery feature is re-entry heat.

i wish new EVAs , every time u unlock science there will be new eva like ( pressure eva for Eve so our kerbals will not be crushed , and heating eva for cold planets and moon like eeloo and vall )

also in the summary ( http://www.pcgamesn.com/kerbal-space-program/heres-what-expect-kerbal-space-program-025 )

its written : And finally, Squad are hinting at one last, mysterious feature. "You’ll have to wait for this one a bit longer," they write. "If we had our way, we would tell no one about it and just let you guys discover it through gameplay with hilarious results."

With the new information, and the hints from Squad about the new 'mystery' feature, it sounds like it very well could be re-entry effects. I was skeptical that they would be implementing that anytime in the near future, but that hint makes it seem somewhat plausible I suppose. The Administration building features is no surprise, just more management-end stuff that I'll never use, at least until that whole mode is fleshed out.

What hints have suggested it's anything to do with re-entry? Did I miss something?

Well, if this new feature is reentry heating, then it stands to reason that the '90%' groundwork it is laying IS for a new aerodynamic model, to be introduced in .26. It makes sense, and if so it's very surprising they decided to do this.

It also could be something completely different too, again I'm just guessing.

@Alshain: Nothing suggested it. I said the 'mystery feature' hint makes it sound plausible that it could be reentry, not that it is.

Edited by NWDogg

I'm hoping the new mystery feature is re-entry heat.

I'd much rather have improved aero than re-entry.

If it doesn't have a thrust corrector though, I will be rioting, there will be mobs, there will be torches, and there will be pitchforks. Or a disappointed post.

"We choose to implement a thrust corrector in this update and do the other things, not because they are hard, but because they are easy, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the very least of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that will improve gameplay, one that will improve realism, and one that we intended to spend all of five seconds doing. And the others, too."

#HypeTrain is sooo 0.24, it's old and busted. #HypePlane is the new hotness.

Dammit, get off my lawn you noisy kids! #HypeTrain was good for my grandpappy, and for my pappy, so it's good for me too!

#hypetrain_forever

Besides, KSP is already filled with #hypeplanes thanks to the bizarreness which is stock aero. Ugh. #lolintakes!

Mine flies just fine...

See? Wanderfound's got it. It's a hypetrain, that flies! Or.. bounces off of Minmus in a crazy challenge >.>