Which one?

regex

Which mod do you think will be added?  

315 members have voted

1. 1. Which mod do you think will be added?

Wait, their taking a mod, changing it and putting it in the game? I hope they asked permission...
While it would be rude and royally .... people off, for many mods they could do that without permission.

Anyway, something spaceplane related is my bet. We know Squad were working on revamping that stuff.

It's not my stuff. I have heard nothing about including NEAR / FAR, so let's stop that speculation right now.
You could be obliged to say that by an NDA. (I don't think that's likely, but you could.)
Kethane is impossible, Majinr has explicitly stated he doesn't want resources in stock because it would obsolete his mod.
Ah, but if it was Majinr's own resources system in stock that objection would disappear.

As for other candidates, what about planets by the Planet Factory dev(s)? That would fit with it not being a straight inclusion of the mod, since PF has to handle celestials differently from the game proper.

Red Iron Crown made a point though, I vaguelly recall Maxmaps talking about some possible integration of mechanics that were used by KER, it is however interesting to see that they changed their minds about the whole "not giving dv in game" thing which was their policy before IIRC.

Please note that I don't remember what Maxmaps said in the last stream very well, I could be wrong.

Edit : Can't seem to find where I could have heard that, so consider the above null.

Edited by Percebob

Ah, but if it was Majinr's own resources system in stock that objection would disappear.

Haven't the devs stated before that they do not intend to implement resources and thus it can't be Kethane anyway?

I think that it's probably either a parts mod. Or maybe KAS. On the other hand, I play all stock and don't know many mods so it could very easily be one I've never heard of.

KER I think they've pretty much explicitly stated they want to avoid because they don't want to frighten people with numbers.

That's a good point about the space-planes, perhaps SpacePlanes Plus?

That's my guess, too. Having it out there does kinda highlight how much better the stock bits could be. C7's work was great for the time, but things have moved on since then.

If so, let's hope it gets expanded at the same time (bigger cargo bays? Pleeeeeeze?). Ain't nothing wrong with SP+, I just want more of it.

Kethane is impossible, Majinr has explicitly stated he doesn't want resources in stock because it would obsolete his mod.

Maxmaps's post used the word "buying"; if Squad is paying whoever they're getting the mod from, I suspect that they'd have an easier time overcoming objections they would have.

While it would be rude and royally .... people off, for many mods they could do that without permission.

Again, seems unlikely -- Maxmaps used the word "buying", and that implies they're getting permission (no real reason to pay someone if you're not asking for permission). There are also plenty of mods where they *can't* integrate them without permission; in addition to anything under a CC license with NC terms, they also couldn't use anything under GPL or LGPL, or under a CC with SA terms (the licenses that work are MIT, BSD, public domain or similar like WTFPL, and other permissive licenses, which many mods don't have).

You could be obliged to say that by an NDA. (I don't think that's likely, but you could.)

I don't think an NDA would ever make you actively deny something; I think the most it'd do would be to not let you talk about it (so if he were under NDA, ferram would be perfectly allowed to ignore this thread).

Just finished reading the link and Maxmaps' comments. I am back on the #HypeTrain. Looking forward to tomorrow's DevNotes (if they even reveal anything further about this). *fingers crossed*

Karbonite or MKS/OKS or TAC-LS. I'm hoping one of those.

I am almost positive it won't be life support; I heard that Harvester wants the game to be more casual and I don't think KSP is ready for it yet anyways.

The real news (full details and such) will occur from our official sources...
Every newsworthy worth of info will be on the official channels...

Just wondering, but are these "official" sources such as the Announcements forum, where the most recently announced release is 0.24.1?

It's definitely the banana.

There are two banana mods. Which one will it be?

Just wondering, but are these "official" sources such as the Announcements forum, where the most recently announced release is 0.24.1?

Check the Latest Articles sidebar on the right and The Daily Kerbal. The 0.24.2 update was announced in both. Also, @KerbalSpaceP.

No, what'll most likely happen is we'll get the news from some place like Reddit or Maxmap's Twitter account. Basically scattered all over the place. You gotta have twelve eyes to stay up on KSP news...

No, what'll most likely happen is we'll get the news from some place like Reddit or Maxmap's Twitter account. Basically scattered all over the place. You gotta have twelve eyes to stay up on KSP news...

To touch on this for a second, and hopefully without sounding like an ass - I find it quite hard to keep up on all things KSP, it seems that I must be on twitter, reddit, YouTube, twitch, and this forum in order to get all the official info that KSP has to offer.

That kinda sucks for me because I don't really have the time to comb through all the posts on reddit, nor can I be there when the squad casts happen. It would be nice if Squad collected all this stuff in one place since it is all their official word.

i.e. I read somewhere that the experimental tester applicants would be notified today of their acceptance, but have not been able to find that again since reading it the first time.

Things like feature announcements and major updates are more likely to be found as an article and/or a daily kerbal section post. The announcements subforum has (mostly) been transitioned to news that doesn't quite match an epic scope, but is still of importance.

Regex, please reign in the cynicism here. When we release the full information on this, it will be linked through our Facebook, our Twitter, our Tumblr and yes, here on the forum as an article, a daily kerbal section post, an announcement section post or any combination of those sections. Of course, you'll also see it in other semi-to-unofficial areas, but it will be seen on our official channels first.

To touch on this for a second, and hopefully without sounding like an ass - I find it quite hard to keep up on all things KSP, it seems that I must be on twitter, reddit, YouTube, twitch, and this forum in order to get all the official info that KSP has to offer.

That kinda sucks for me because I don't really have the time to comb through all the posts on reddit, nor can I be there when the squad casts happen. It would be nice if Squad collected all this stuff in one place since it is all their official word.

If major news and nothing but major news is what you want, subscribing to either of them should be sufficient. All of the biggest info, from new and upcoming features, to contests, to sales will be announced in those channels. You don't have to be all-knowing and all seeing. The super important stuff will always be mentioned on at least one of our official channels. As for the experimental question, you may want to send a PM to Ted about that one. Sorry I can't be of more assistance there.

Now, let the mod speculation carry on.

Edited by Rowsdower
Added one more.

If major news and nothing but major news is what you want, subscribing to either of them should be sufficient. All of the biggest info, from new and upcoming features, to contests, to sales will be announced in those channels. You don't have to be all-knowing and all seeing. The super important stuff will always be mentioned on at least one of our official channels. As for the experimental question, you may want to send a PM to Ted about that one. Sorry I can't be of more assistance there.

Now, let the mod speculation carry on.

Lol I guess being all knowing = time consuming. I do have them followed/subscribed and will continue trying to be on the forefront of ~Everything~ KSP. =)

Thanks for the answer Rowsdower. Much appreciated.

- As for the speculation, I am amazed I have not seen Final Frontier mentioned in here~!

*EDIT* I actually cant find Ted on the moderation team list where should I be looking for him? Found him using the search function on the forum, but it wasnt easy as it gave me a list of anyone with Ted in their name =P

Edited by WololoW

*EDIT* I actually cant find Ted on the moderation team list where should I be looking for him?

That's because he's not a forum moderator - he has moderation powers, but that's not really his job, and that list reflects the official structure of the moderation team rather than usergroups and permissions. The VB list (under "View Site Leaders" on the index) *is* based on usergroups, and is a good way to find Squad staff's profiles (as they show up there due to their usergroup).

Or, for Ted in particular, click here.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.