[Dev Revived][Part][14/09/14] MOSOI Industries

Niemand303

I have to quit the development of the mod as after getting a job in a newly formed Design Bureau I won't have time to give to all my projects. The project, however, will be brought back to life by SpannerMonkey (smce).

/* old text

Currently, I was enjoying Tantares modpack, especially Soyuz and TKS parts. And often i needed a compact crew shuttle, especially when delivering crew for interplanetary ships and found out that there are only 3.75 crew pods for such a large number of kerbals. So, that's how the project begun. I was trying to make a light&small but crew-heavy shuttle, based on the Russian Cliper Design, that's how MOSOI Industries appeared. Currently, its WIP. Progress so far:

Models -- 85%

Textures -- 90%

Configs -- 80%

Internals -- 50%

Fairings -- 30% */

Aeria Shuttle v0.17 ALPHA RELEASE

Download@KerbalStuff

Download@Curse

INSTRUCTIONS

0) Notice, that the plane is designed for vertical takeoffs and only landings are in airplane mode. And TEST PILOTS NEEDED

1) At the take off, right-click the fuselage AND TURN OFF CONTROL SURFACE, AS IT GENERATES LOTS OF LIFT (trying to simulate the lifting body)

2) Before reentry, be sure to DECOUPLE THE SERVICE MODULE

3) In atmosphere, point your NOSE ON THE PROGRADE VECTOR until about 10 kilometers

4) With control surfaces back online in the lower atmosphere it glides perfectly, but will flip on very sharp turns.

If someone would provide some help, we would be grateful.

XRXMQejYnxI.jpg

Ignis Launcher Parts v0.3

Currently, there are first stage tanks (Central core and radial ones) and a tug coming in two sizes.

Download@Dropbox

2ouRk2DMm28.jpg

ElgEh_7Vl4I.jpg

Thanks to Lack, Beale and SpannerMonkey(smce) for helping me to master Blender and Unity and MrTheBull for awesome textures!

Edited by Niemand303

it also looks amazing, how long will it take also do you have an IVA planned

I hope finishing with shuttle alpha within a couple of weeks and about two more weeks for the sub parts. IVA is planned, but it's very far away, in distant future, I'm quite a noob in both Blender and Unity.

So what do you need other modders for exactly?

Well, right now mostly for helping in making models, especially animations, and some Unity messing (I still have problems with creating airlocks and ladders) as I lack experience. And I hope to use custom textures one day, that's why I need help from someone who can make good textures.

Maybe i can help you with the animations if you're using Blender, at least.

PM me your problem and we can figure it out :)

I'm going to introduce some animated parts later, at the moment I'm trying to find out how to make the fuselage to generate lift.

To attract more interest, here is a screenshot of the parts assembled.Vd5iTfu.png

v0.1a RELEASE

C3tdYjp.png

At last, I'm finally ready to release v0.1a prealpha of "Aeria" Shuttle! At the moment, it has no interiors nor airlocks (still have problems making them), so use Crew Manifest to transfer crew and don't forget to detach Service Module before reentry, or it will be painful!

KerbalStuff Download Link

Curse Download Link

Edited by Niemand303

It looks like that engine is not entirely protected against entry heating. People using DRE might not be able to use this

Service Module is detachable, as in real Clipper and supposed to be jettisoned before reentry. Although, I haven't yet made DRE configs as I'm still learning how to implement MM configs.

Aw thanks, i try to avoid downloading from curse as I disagree with squad using it

Oh another thing, are you planning to add windows to the front for the IVA?

Just added a link to KS. I was planning to split then to make one capsule more Kliper/VMK-like, using cams and RPM, and the other more Dyna-Soar-like with front windows. This evening I'm planning to make configs for DeadlyReentry and KAS.

Love it, I really like that the main fuselage section is a single part, rather than multiple wing parts. I'll give this a go when I can :)

Edit: Although with the single part design, this might cause problems when trying to make the part produce lift. But this is just a hunch of mine, it might still work just fine.

Also, if you still need help with the ladder / airlock setup, I'd be glad to assist :) I'm at work currently, but I can send some screenshots of the Unity setup.

Edited by Beale

Love it, I really like that the main fuselage section is a single part, rather than multiple wing parts. I'll give this a go when I can :)

Edit: Although with the single part design, this might cause problems when trying to make the part produce lift. But this is just a hunch of mine, it might still work just fine.

Also, if you still need help with the ladder / airlock setup, I'd be glad to assist :) I'm at work currently, but I can send some screenshots of the Unity setup.

Thanks, I would appreciate if you would explain me, how the airlock colliders must look like, as it's still bugging me, i always have kerbals launched into space by the hatches.

Thanks, I would appreciate if you would explain me, how the airlock colliders must look like, as it's still bugging me, i always have kerbals launched into space by the hatches.

Okay, here's a little quick guide :)

Let me know if I am not clear enough in places. I cover all the basic stuff here also, but I assume you've already got all this. There are some tips below that should stop the Kerbals being launched away

1. You must have the "Part Triggers" layer in Layer 21, and also have "Airlock" and "Ladder" added to the tags.

7a2d73d0ed.png

2. Here is the Airlock, notice it is in the "Part Triggers" layer and has the "Airlock" tag.

The Airlock is an empty game object. add onto it a box collider with dimensions around 0.5 metres. and tick the "Is Trigger" tag.

The Blue "Z" arrow of the GameObject should face towards the hatch. If the hatch is on a slope, the blue arrow should be tilted towards the slope See here!

c6caf3996d.jpg

b32eca306b.jpg

3. This is the tricky bit, the Airlock object should be slightly inside the Parts main collider (But still mostly outside so there is space for the kerbal), or else it may not work

ab345036f1.jpg

4. Ladder is basically the same, but with the "ladder" Tag

d2109d2f90.jpg

5. Finally, the Ladder and Airlock GameObjects should be a child of the model in Unity (Here the model is highlighted in Blue).

7897965581.jpg

That should be it, hope it works! :)

Edited by Beale

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.