[Dev Revived][Part][14/09/14] MOSOI Industries

Niemand303

Even when ditching Service Module?

I had built it to fly with some tiny jet engines, gear etc and take off from the runway. I did this to test if I could make it take off under its own power and be used as a scout plane for a Lathe mission. It took off fine but quickly started flipping upwards. I'm using the stock aerodynamics, no FAR or anything like that. I had made it as visually stable as I could in the SPH, but still it went all nutty as soon as I left the ground.

When I say "visually" I mean the CoM, CoThrust and Lift were all where they should be to make things stable.

I had built it to fly with some tiny jet engines, gear etc and take off from the runway. I did this to test if I could make it take off under its own power and be used as a scout plane for a Lathe mission. It took off fine but quickly started flipping upwards. I'm using the stock aerodynamics, no FAR or anything like that. I had made it as visually stable as I could in the SPH, but still it went all nutty as soon as I left the ground.

When I say "visually" I mean the CoM, CoThrust and Lift were all where they should be to make things stable.

I'll try to figure out how do i change the CoL of the model (I've already seen this is possible by checking stock models), so it's lifted. As an alternative, I'll do nose-heavy landing gears.

Cool, will the fairings work with bobcats Soyuz? Oh and any news on the iva?

Actually, I have problems with the fairing collision mesh, so I guess they will be released a couple of days later. And I was planning compatibility with HGR's 1.875 rocket parts and standart 1.25 and 2.5 meters size. IVA is currently on hold, as I still haven't decided about its appearance and have problems with both university and job.

what is the weight of this little beauty? i think i will strap it on my Stock Soyuz :D

Wow, when I was checking I've noticed something strange in my SM config. Thanks! Its weight is about 5.5 tons. And I'll release a hotfix a couple of minutes away.

Edited by Niemand303

i'm afraid to say .. but it's very unstable to fly ... i can'T even get a lift off, after some seconds, the Kliper forces my Soyuz to nosedive ... emergency staging showedm that the klipper has serious lfit problems, way to much i think and balance is a serious problem on the Kliper itself.

i'm afraid to say .. but it's very unstable to fly ... i can'T even get a lift off, after some seconds, the Kliper forces my Soyuz to nosedive ... emergency staging showedm that the klipper has serious lfit problems, way to much i think and balance is a serious problem on the Kliper itself.

I always forget to mention that the fuselage spoiler should be turned off for take offs. I really need to make some kind of instructions.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.