[1.12.x] Freight Transport Technologies [v0.6.0]

RoverDude

How do you feel about the VTOL engines? (Vote for both)  

383 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the VTOL engines? (Vote for both)

• Propfan: Just right!
    • Propfan: OMG! Overpowered!
    • LFO Thrusters: Too weak
    • LFO Thrusters: Just right!
    • LFO Thrusters: OMG! Overpowered!

0.2.3 is up!

Replaced TGA with PNG

Updated tech level of some HoneyBadger parts

Updated HoneyBadger descriptions

Introduced all parts for the StarLifter - a 0.25m freighter

Structural parts

5m Command Pod

2.5m and 3.75m nuclear engines

5m reactor

5m SAS

5m Karborundum and LiquidHydrogen tanks

10m LiquidHydrogen tank

Cargo racks and adapters

Larger Kontainers

Any idea when you will have the next constellation all mods update out?

0.2.3 is up!

Replaced TGA with PNG

Updated tech level of some HoneyBadger parts

Updated HoneyBadger descriptions

Introduced all parts for the StarLifter - a 0.25m freighter

Structural parts

5m Command Pod

2.5m and 3.75m nuclear engines

5m reactor

5m SAS

5m Karborundum and LiquidHydrogen tanks

10m LiquidHydrogen tank

Cargo racks and adapters

Larger Kontainers

Just instaled...and game freeze at ducked fan loading and dont want go further in loading screen

was working god before that update

8nw9i2qrl8pc.png

Edited by sober667

I am loving the new H2 tanks, but as someone who is moving the centre of space operations to Eve, is there any parts for in situ hydrogen refining? I assume water + Electricity ought to do it, but I don't know of any parts that will make that work for me.

Procedural fairlings ... but it could look...difrent in that and wee have 5m podjust...wow im looking for that

I don't like Procedural Fairings. It's not how it works IRL, you design the payload to fit the fairing, not the other way around. By the way, I'm rather disappointed. There's simply no way to fit those parts into a fairing. The pod fits (barely, it doesn't allow any side attachements), but the cargo racks don't, and of course, there's no docking system for containers, nor is it possible to fold the 2.5m racks down. Oh, for that matter, there is no docking system at all, and the SAS is a somewhat sloppy welding/rescaling job. To be viable, this truss system needs a proper 5m docking device. Preferably also a smaller system for docking outriggers. They either should be able to fold up the truss, using the animated dockport system, or the rectangular truss should be separate.

What is there does look good, but is also severely lacking in certain key parts, most notably docking ports and attitude control (besides the shoddy-looking SAS, of course). Especially since the nukes are not very good for liftoff, this ship needs to be assembled in orbit. Yes, I know about EPL, but some people like to do it the old fashioned way.

I don't like Procedural Fairings. It's not how it works IRL, you design the payload to fit the fairing, not the other way around. By the way, I'm rather disappointed. There's simply no way to fit those parts into a fairing. The pod fits (barely, it doesn't allow any side attachements), but the cargo racks don't, and of course, there's no docking system for containers, nor is it possible to fold the 2.5m racks down. Oh, for that matter, there is no docking system at all, and the SAS is a somewhat sloppy welding/rescaling job. To be viable, this truss system needs a proper 5m docking device. Preferably also a smaller system for docking outriggers. They either should be able to fold up the truss, using the animated dockport system, or the rectangular truss should be separate.

What is there does look good, but is also severely lacking in certain key parts, most notably docking ports and attitude control (besides the shoddy-looking SAS, of course). Especially since the nukes are not very good for liftoff, this ship needs to be assembled in orbit. Yes, I know about EPL, but some people like to do it the old fashioned way.

I would never consider assembling these with docking ports - that's a non-starter due to the issue with docking port strength (we have six figure breaking forces due to how node scales work). Launch empty with 3.75m decouplers and the launch vehicle attached radially, or get creative.

Sorry about the 'sloppy' and 'shoddy-looking SAS', feel free to download blender and publish a part.

I'd love to try this new version out, but on my machine none of the new parts have a texture: they are all blank white. Any ideas on what I should look for?

Reinstall the mod (make sure to delete it first). Also are they white even when placed in the VAB?

@admac - You can use Karbonite and add a option to the converters to make LH. PM me if you want a copy of my config for that.

I am loving the new H2 tanks, but as someone who is moving the centre of space operations to Eve, is there any parts for in situ hydrogen refining? I assume water + Electricity ought to do it, but I don't know of any parts that will make that work for me.

See below looks like Nori has a config. There will be an out of the box option relatively soon (need to do uranium while I am at it).

Can you please make sure it's a part of all-in-one on dropbox

Ever since you started these deployments, all-in-one is a way to go for me :-)

Not in it yet, will be next constellation push

Just instaled...and game freeze at ducked fan loading and dont want go further in loading screen

was working god before that update

http://images.tinypic.pl/i/00587/8nw9i2qrl8pc.png

TGA issue. Delete your old FTT folder.

I'd love to try this new version out, but on my machine none of the new parts have a texture: they are all blank white. Any ideas on what I should look for?

Try a reinstall, let me know if that works. Known TGA issue so I replaced them with PNGs.

Like Christmas every day, boss.

I scorched the old FTT, installed fresh with this one, absolutely no issues. It was in hopes of this day that I built a station in orbit with Extraplanetary Launchpads; huge vessels are insane to try and hump up into orbit from a ground launch. Better to mine and refine metal for rocket parts and use MKS/OKS logistics module to get that to an orbital construction facility and slap that bad boy together in drydock.

Now I can have one massive StarLifter nuke its cookies over to Duna and say 'OH HAI ALSO I BROUGHT YOU SOME COLONY' and just plop the whole thing down.

Hmm... currently the best option for refuling though is going to be building new tanks full and then using KAS to move the juice over? Is LH2 going to be mined separately or refined from existing resources (like water, which we already have drills/etc for)?

Sorry about the 'sloppy' and 'shoddy-looking SAS', feel free to download blender and publish a part.

Well, you're the one with all the source files. :) Aside from that, though, I'm not too fond of SAS in general, it's way beyond what actual reaction wheels can provide. I think that an RCS system, possibly using MPD thrusters running on LH2 and ECs, would be a much better choice for attitude control.

Oh, and fairings are going to become necessary at some point. Either that, or ships like this would have to be be built with EPL. I like building ships in orbit, though.

Well, you're the one with all the source files. :) Aside from that, though, I'm not too fond of SAS in general, it's way beyond what actual reaction wheels can provide. I think that an RCS system, possibly using MPD thrusters running on LH2 and ECs, would be a much better choice for attitude control.

Oh, and fairings are going to become necessary at some point. Either that, or ships like this would have to be be built with EPL. I like building ships in orbit, though.

I may be mistaken but I'm pretty sure these are the source assets... https://github.com/BobPalmer/FTT/tree/master/GameData/UmbraSpaceIndustries/FTT/Assets

Procedural fairings will work fine if you're looking for fairings, there is no value in building a custom fairing model for this mod.

I may be mistaken but I'm pretty sure these are the source assets... https://github.com/BobPalmer/FTT/tree/master/GameData/UmbraSpaceIndustries/FTT/Assets

And even better, as noted there is no model for the SAS (I thought I was being nice and part welding to reduce the memory footprint). So if you dislike the aesthetics of the 5M SAS, feel free to create a new model and texture and publish a part.

Think I found either a description "bug" or a missed resource. The StarLifter command module says it is supposed to have MonoPropellent but I'm not seeing any in the part config (I like to read configs for fun..)

Think I found either a description "bug" or a missed resource. The StarLifter command module says it is supposed to have MonoPropellent but I'm not seeing any in the part config (I like to read configs for fun..)

It should have none - typo :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.