[1.12.x] Freight Transport Technologies [v0.6.0]

RoverDude

How do you feel about the VTOL engines? (Vote for both)  

385 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the VTOL engines? (Vote for both)

• Propfan: Just right!
    • Propfan: OMG! Overpowered!
    • LFO Thrusters: Too weak
    • LFO Thrusters: Just right!
    • LFO Thrusters: OMG! Overpowered!

Hello everyone,

This is my first post here, so first, i'd like to thanks anyone behind USI for their great work!

I'm having trouble with using FTT and ScanSAT( both with v10 and v11) at the same time.

In fact, once Ftt is installed, ScanSAT won't show the "resource" drop down menu in big map window anymore, does anyone have experiencied this before ?

I'm pretty sure it's FTT or (scanSAt) which is causing troubles, I did a clean install of KSP then moved each mod 1 at a time in game data before testing it and had no issues with other USI mods such as Karbonite, K+ and MKS or other dev's mods (I use Mechjeb2, Dock alignement system, alarm clock, toolbar,KAS,TAC resource manager, infernal robotcs and fairings btw)

Please let me know if anyone has a fix for this, I need FTT to operate all these huge freight transport i planned !

Edited by Malyorus

Seems there have been previous issues with this, not being able to rightclick to close cargo bay doors. Screenshots of gamedata and parts. Curious vtol's could be shut off so you can only use the rear engines and then turn vtol's on for landing. I couldn't isolate the engines, I don't know whether that has got to do with the cargo door issues. And also I can't seem to rightclick to change textures, did I forget to get a texture edit mod?

Screenshot_2015_04_16_09_11_40.png

Seems there have been previous issues with this, not being able to rightclick to close cargo bay doors. Screenshots of gamedata and parts. Curious vtol's could be shut off so you can only use the rear engines and then turn vtol's on for landing. I couldn't isolate the engines, I don't know whether that has got to do with the cargo door issues. And also I can't seem to rightclick to change textures, did I forget to get a texture edit mod?

http://s17.postimg.org/owr1l6u4f/Screenshot_2015_04_16_09_11_40.png

Check firespitter version. Those all sound like they are functions that firespitter handles.

Check firespitter version. Those all sound like they are functions that firespitter handles.

Hey, so doublechecked and even deleted Firespitter and reinstalled it with MKS 0.22.8 and then 0.22.9 Firespitter. Still has the same issues.

Screenshot_2015_04_16_12_52_25.png

Hey, so doublechecked and even deleted Firespitter and reinstalled it with MKS 0.22.8 and then 0.22.9 Firespitter. Still has the same issues.

http://s28.postimg.org/m98alg83x/Screenshot_2015_04_16_12_52_25.png

That seems a bit wrong. The last official firespitter release was 6.3.5 and the updated dev version is 7.0 which works with 0.90.

That seems a bit wrong. The last official firespitter release was 6.3.5 and the updated dev version is 7.0 which works with 0.90.

This is the MKS file I got the Firespitter from:Screenshot_2015_04_16_15_32_03.png

says version 0.22.3, where would you get the most recent version then? How can you tell from just the screenshot of the folder? sigh*

• 2 weeks later...

I may have found an issue.

In FTT, two of the engines look for "LqdHydrogen" and it's defined as such in "\CommunityResourcePack\CommonResources.cfg" in the mod's zipfile.

But in the Universal_Storage CommunityResourcepack files, I found it's in there as "LiquidHydrogen".

So I bopped over to Github and looked at the CommunityResourcePack CommonResources there. It's LiquidHydrogen.

Changing the FTT Engine config files (FTT_Engine_375_03 and *_04) allowed me to continue experimenting with 1.0.

Do I need to go learn how to submit this thru Github, too? (I figure this should appear here to help any forum dweller if they run across this)

I may have found an issue.

In FTT, two of the engines look for "LqdHydrogen" and it's defined as such in "\CommunityResourcePack\CommonResources.cfg" in the mod's zipfile.

But in the Universal_Storage CommunityResourcepack files, I found it's in there as "LiquidHydrogen".

So I bopped over to Github and looked at the CommunityResourcePack CommonResources there. It's LiquidHydrogen.

Changing the FTT Engine config files (FTT_Engine_375_03 and *_04) allowed me to continue experimenting with 1.0.

Do I need to go learn how to submit this thru Github, too? (I figure this should appear here to help any forum dweller if they run across this)

Both CRP in FTT and CRP itself are LqdHydrogen on github. If universal storage's CRP has LiquidHydrogen then it is an old version. Check the .version file to make sure it is 0.33 or higher.

With the launch of 1.0 I installed all your mods but KSP is getting stuck on loading at FTT\Parts\FTT_Engine_375_03\FTT_Engine_375_03

I only have your mods installed.

EDIT: I guess you were right futrtrubl. Issue seems to be some of the mods (cannot pinpoint which) have old CRP files. Installing the the latest CRP on top of all other mods solved the issue. Cheers.

EDIT 2: ART and AMT seem to have old CRP files. Would be good to have them updated :wink:

Edited by Al Mustafa, The Beloved

While testing out a craft for this challenge http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/117218-Going-to-Plaid%21-The-extremely-hot-challenge , I found that the big nuke engine gets really hot very quickly and I was trying to make some radiators and isolators to keep the heat from getting to the parts I'm using for the challenge. However, there isnt a stock part that is good at conducting and radiating heat. Docking ports work well as buffers, but only for so long.

So, may want to look into the thermal properties of that engine or make some sort of radiator.

My apologies if this was already answered, but was the function of the science lab component changed in 1.0 vs .90? I might be doing something wrong, but it no longer allows me to perform a detailed analysis and radio back data for full science value. I've long used the lab as a part of my exploration infrastructure, especially on treks to other planets.

My apologies if this was already answered, but was the function of the science lab component changed in 1.0 vs .90? I might be doing something wrong, but it no longer allows me to perform a detailed analysis and radio back data for full science value. I've long used the lab as a part of my exploration infrastructure, especially on treks to other planets.

Just out of curiosity but why ask this here. The science lab is a stock part that has nothing to do with FTT.

The changelog states

- The Science Lab has been retooled to run long-term research on experiment data, providing much higher amounts of science over time.

With the launch of 1.0 I installed all your mods but KSP is getting stuck on loading at FTT\Parts\FTT_Engine_375_03\FTT_Engine_375_03

I only have your mods installed.

EDIT: I guess you were right futrtrubl. Issue seems to be some of the mods (cannot pinpoint which) have old CRP files. Installing the the latest CRP on top of all other mods solved the issue. Cheers.

EDIT 2: ART and AMT seem to have old CRP files. Would be good to have them updated :wink:

You should not be using 0.90 versions of my mods anywhere near a 1.0 install.

Just out of curiosity but why ask this here. The science lab is a stock part that has nothing to do with FTT.

The changelog states

- The Science Lab has been retooled to run long-term research on experiment data, providing much higher amounts of science over time.

My bad. I followed a bad forum link to the FTT release thread instead of the MKS thread it was supposed to go to.

While testing out a craft for this challenge http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/117218-Going-to-Plaid%21-The-extremely-hot-challenge , I found that the big nuke engine gets really hot very quickly and I was trying to make some radiators and isolators to keep the heat from getting to the parts I'm using for the challenge. However, there isnt a stock part that is good at conducting and radiating heat. Docking ports work well as buffers, but only for so long.

So, may want to look into the thermal properties of that engine or make some sort of radiator.

All the stock solar panels (except for static radial one) will radiate heat out of the craft...they say as much in the description now. The gigantor of course have the best value for heat dissipation.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.