[1.12.x] Freight Transport Technologies [v0.6.0]

RoverDude

How do you feel about the VTOL engines? (Vote for both)  

383 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the VTOL engines? (Vote for both)

• Propfan: Just right!
    • Propfan: OMG! Overpowered!
    • LFO Thrusters: Too weak
    • LFO Thrusters: Just right!
    • LFO Thrusters: OMG! Overpowered!

I'm just noticing that the large ducted fans also suffer from overheating and exploding when in hover mode. Also, you marked the github issue as being a dependency problem, which dependency is it that is a problem? Just wondering here.

Edit: and the medium ones too, I tried using a bunch and BOOM, they exploded.

Edited by smjjames

I'm just noticing that the large ducted fans also suffer from overheating and exploding when in hover mode. Also, you marked the github issue as being a dependency problem, which dependency is it that is a problem? Just wondering here.

Edit: and the medium ones too, I tried using a bunch and BOOM, they exploded.

If it has a spinning blade, then it is dependent on Firespitter.

I have the latest one though, pretty sure I do.

Well Rover hasn't really touched this mod since a quick 1.0 compatibility update. I'm sure the engines need a looksie with all the heat changes that have taken place.

True.

Anyways, right now, I'm trying to figure out how to use TCA with the ducted fans...

TCA is so win. I pretty much use it with the honeybadger VTOL engines. I rarely use the fans, although I haven't been to Duna or EVE yet.

How do I use the hover function on the fans? I activated hover mode on them and throttled up, but went way past the hover height.

No idea. I've never used the hover function on the fans. I do all my tweaking with TCA

Has anybody noticed that the large ducted fans actually generate monopropellant while throttled?

I noticed this when I ran out of monoprop on my jethovercraft

The fact that the ducted fan is an alternator which generates monoprop, but isn't actually documented (I think), confused me, lol.

Hi Guys,

This will probably be a silly question in the end, but in my modded 1.0.4 install I suddenly noticed two large atomic engines that only use lqd hydrogen and are included in the FTT pack. Were can I find tanks that can hold that propellant, a search through all installed tanks didn't reveal one at all. ;-)

I also use Stock_Fuel_Switch_1.1, could it be this for some reason hides that kind of tanks?

Thanks in advance for any info on this.

Greets,

Jan

Hi Guys,

This will probably be a silly question in the end, but in my modded 1.0.4 install I suddenly noticed two large atomic engines that only use lqd hydrogen and are included in the FTT pack. Were can I find tanks that can hold that propellant, a search through all installed tanks didn't reveal one at all. ;-)

I also use Stock_Fuel_Switch_1.1, could it be this for some reason hides that kind of tanks?

Thanks in advance for any info on this.

Greets,

Jan

FTT Phase II (just part of the normal FTT package) includes both those engines and gigantic orange and white ~striped~ tanks. Try filtering my manufacturer in the advanced VAB menu (Umber Space Industries). Alternatively, the largest tank is, I think, the most massive tank I have. I don't think you will be able to refine ore into Liquid Hydrogen unless you go with MKS or alternatively Near Future Propulsion contains the Liquid Hydrogen resource as well as tanks and its own refining process (it just sticks the option in the stock refiner). Maybe you don't have it unlocked yet?

Oh ya, and I think I have that mod, it didn't cause any trouble for me.

Edited by wisnoskij

Okay, thanks for the info. I somehow can't remember seeing any orange and white striped tanks, but I'll investigate. ;-)

I did already have a look at Near future tech, so maybe that's something too to consider...

Greets,

Jan

VTOL engines it is very interesting. I built myself a nuclear-powered VTOL flying laboratory, but in version 1.0.4 engines began to explode when the "Toggle Hover". In addition, it is not enough any electric propeller to control yaw by RCS. I do not want to put extra fuel tanks on the atomic plane.

Thrust vector control is made of "Infernal Robotics" mod.

Edited by Helmut

The sample ships for the FTT phase II are funny. They have almost no delta V - certainly not even usable for moving ships between minmus and earth, not to mention anything planetary.

Minmus and Earth? Lol

Both of those example ships are also really old and by no means up to date.

Edited by smjjames

• 2 weeks later...
RoverDude. Don't you think that Space Train is nice? I suggested that on march, but till now you did no answer.

Seriously? It is likely he missed it, or at least by now doesn't even remember. Maybe at least a hint of your Space Train as a refresher would be in order.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.