[1.12.x] Freight Transport Technologies [v0.6.0]

RoverDude

How do you feel about the VTOL engines? (Vote for both)  

383 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the VTOL engines? (Vote for both)

• Propfan: Just right!
    • Propfan: OMG! Overpowered!
    • LFO Thrusters: Too weak
    • LFO Thrusters: Just right!
    • LFO Thrusters: OMG! Overpowered!

You're in the wrong thread, and you could report a bug that happens with resource cost more calmly.

Am I? It's listed under the freight category, so I figured it would be part of USI-Freight :blush:

And the not calm part was supposed to be a joke. But oh well... Sorry for that.

RoverDude, I like having the different choices for color. Can you also consider white? Advantage is that lots of parts come in white and it makes it look more natural when mixing this mod with parts from other mods.

Edited by Boiler1

Can the starlifter cargo tanks be tweaked to carry extraplanetary launchpads resources like metal and rocket parts?

They should already be capable of carrying rocketparts. As for metal, theres the MKS metals and I don't know if it's the same or different as the EPL one.

Yeah I'm just wondering if I can just make changes to the config and maybe make new textures bcs they change with different contents. I would need metal scrap, metal ore, metal and rocket parts. I dont want to replace what they carry, just add more.

Yeah I'm just wondering if I can just make changes to the config and maybe make new textures bcs they change with different contents. I would need metal scrap, metal ore, metal and rocket parts. I dont want to replace what they carry, just add more.

Module Manager is your friend :) With it you can easily change configs too your liking. (And it also eliminates the issues of your MM config getting lost when the pack gets updated)

RoverDude, I know you are working on an update to FTT and I would like to make a few suggestions to think about.

Mounting points to use the retractable wheels from the Karibou.

Have the UKS MkIII modules match in size with the Honeybadger modules. Don't care which changes.

Dockable Kontainers integrated into the Starlifter. On large craft the docking ports do not provide a solid connection for heavy objects. It would be great if a fix for this could be integrated into the Starlifter.

Just suggestions, these are your mods, but I can see from previous changes, you listen to the community. Thank you for listening!

Edited by Boiler1

I want to report a bug. The giant nuclear rockets are not producing much Delta-V. I compared them with stock NERV and they look fine. The first one is like 4 times as massive, 5 times the thrust, a bit more ISP. The problem is the resource, liquid hydrogen. Hydrogen tanks hold a number about 4 or 5 times bigger than Liquid Fuel, but the nuclear rockets consume massively more.

GNR-2500: 300MN, 480 H2 /s

Stock Nerv: 60MN, 1.5 LqdFuel /s

Kontainer tank that holds 32K LqdFuel, can switch to 160K LqdFuel. But that's not the problem, because H2 is very light. The final problem is, I think, the weight of the Kontainer. An empty 5m Kontainer Tank weighs 25tons but can only store 11.3tons of H2.

Are the containers supposed to cost in the 60-70k range? I think there's been a calculation error somewhere.

The containers from this mod have been depricated. I would not use them as they will be going bye bye whenever this mod gets updated (at least according to Roverdude when he made the new kontainers included in MKS and now USI Core).

The containers from this mod have been depricated. I would not use them as they will be going bye bye whenever this mod gets updated (at least according to Roverdude when he made the new kontainers included in MKS and now USI Core).

So, is there any point to installing this mod? Or is it just the containers that I shouldn't use?

Edited by Brigadier
Clarification

I want to report a bug. The giant nuclear rockets are not producing much Delta-V. I compared them with stock NERV and they look fine. The first one is like 4 times as massive, 5 times the thrust, a bit more ISP. The problem is the resource, liquid hydrogen. Hydrogen tanks hold a number about 4 or 5 times bigger than Liquid Fuel, but the nuclear rockets consume massively more.

GNR-2500: 300MN, 480 H2 /s

Stock Nerv: 60MN, 1.5 LqdFuel /s

Kontainer tank that holds 32K LqdFuel, can switch to 160K LqdFuel. But that's not the problem, because H2 is very light. The final problem is, I think, the weight of the Kontainer. An empty 5m Kontainer Tank weighs 25tons but can only store 11.3tons of H2.

I've noticed this issue when I used the Near Future Propulsion mm patch to change the stock NERV to use LH2. It became impossible to get a reasonable amount of dV out of it, seemingly for the same reason. Has the Community Resource Pack changed at all recently for LH2?

Roverdude, have you ever seen this bug in association with the HB control module?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdUqtxJRETo

I'm not blaming FTT, I'm just trying to figure this bug out because there is some strange interaction going on with TCA and I have no idea, so, I'm just asking if you have seen this bug before, whether in relation to FTT parts or not.

That'sa new one - very likely TCA

Okay, thanks.

Just tried it without the HB control module and, it didn't reproduce. Gah, the problem is that it only seems to reproduce with one specific situation or setup and is being hyperelusive in that it's only 100% in one certain situation, or something.

Well, Allista will see the post I made in TCA soonish, so......

I've noticed this issue when I used the Near Future Propulsion mm patch to change the stock NERV to use LH2. It became impossible to get a reasonable amount of dV out of it, seemingly for the same reason. Has the Community Resource Pack changed at all recently for LH2?

Not that I am aware of, but maybe try the kontainers that come with USI Core.

I like the combination Monopropellant tank/battery/reaction wheel/RCS that the Honeybadger control module offers, it is brilliant for reducing part count. Any chance we could get a version that fits 1.25m-5m stacks?

Karibou has a 2.5m one, will likely see a 1.25 as I work on other rover mods

Any idea why the large ducted fans RCS would suddenly stop working? I mean, they should activate with the 'i' and 'k' keys, right? And I did eliminate basic errors like not having monoprop and no EC or engines are off.

No idea tbh

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.