Kethane Station Discussion

Halban

11 hours ago, HatBat said:

Yes, and you're welcome to submit them.

Thought I might share this image of Kerbin orbit after episode 23:

[kessler syndrome image]

rip.

Half of North America just lost their facebook...

3 hours ago, HatBat said:

A slightly more interesting view. When you have lots of objects like this it really does a great job of showing how orbital physics work. 

Woah, HatBat I have an idea: You could have some debris hit something, I imagine what the crew of the Fortress (I think thats the one that hasn't been destroyed) being hit by part of the Aegis's remains.

10 hours ago, Sharkman Briton said:

Someone call an ambulance I just overdosed on badSery.

(I haven't watched for a while and forgot about the orbital S-whoopin)

I don't think a simple ambulance is gonna cut it here, somebody call FEMA.

hey hatbat, have you considered using KIS's construction feature to allow you to actually bring back some of the wreckage and even rebuild ships in orbit?

After i modified my KIS to work without any tools requirements, its been quite alot of fun going through my old saves and creating warships out of wreckage.  Surprisingly effective!  Now working on creating a truly piratesque pirate fleet by using KIS to assembly ships out of nothing!

Ohh and btw, the new KIS beta works 100% fine in 1.1.  The only issues they still have is attaching stuff to the ground, but given that ive personally never used that feature, all works 100% for me.

And i should have a few solid ships ready in a week or 2 since im almost done with teh semester at my college.  Then ill have ages of free time.

Edited by panzer1b

5 minutes ago, NotAnAimbot said:

So someone is using radiator armor after all.

But can it survive Marvericks?

Not necessarily radiator armor (they're mainly to keep the look uniform on the outside), but dual-layer armor like I use on my starships. Outer layer's wing and radiator panels, inner chassis is all steel plating and reinforced framework. The radiators do slightly help balance the heat load, but they're meant as ablative armor (breaks fast, delays damage to the inner plate) like the wing parts.

It may be able to (haven't tested yet) take a Maverick, since it survived (sans the cannon) multiple successive cannon hits and was still drivable and had the crew areas intact.

4uWT82K.png

Edited by ScriptKitt3h

3 hours ago, ScriptKitt3h said:

I've taken a look at them- the main issue's the wheels, correct?

The main issue is that the wheels are all reversed on one side. I've tried several things but the only real fix is to start over from scratch.

16 minutes ago, datubaman said:

The main issue is that the wheels are all reversed on one side. I've tried several things but the only real fix is to start over from scratch.

As in, completely new vehicles, or just rebuilding the drivetrains on them?

13 hours ago, datubaman said:

Umm...I'm not sure how to put this...but the update...erm...broke all of my tanks.  So I have to rebuild all of them. From scratch.

Sorry to hear that. :(

The update broke my armored vehicles as well, but not to that extent. My IFV and MBT both need their wheels redone, and the suspension I spent days perfecting is completely useless.

32 minutes ago, Mobius said:

Sorry to hear that. :(

The update broke my armored vehicles as well, but not to that extent. My IFV and MBT both need their wheels redone, and the suspension I spent days perfecting is completely useless.

The new built-in wheel suspension, while a bit slippery sometimes, DOES work in terms of shock absorption, so custom suspensions are less of a necessity now. I'd say though to be careful with your mounting of the wheels (avoid clipping them or their colliders too much, as they're a lot more strict about getting blocked now), and that you definitely want to have wheels set up like "treads", where you've got some slightly moved up in the front and rear, to help with going up/down inclines.

1 hour ago, datubaman said:

As in completely new vehicles. *sniff*  my babies....

Sorry to hear; the new ones should be even better, knowing your skill with tanks/AFVs. :)

19 hours ago, panzer1b said:

After i modified my KIS to work without any tools requirements, its been quite alot of fun going through my old saves and creating warships out of wreckage. 

I want KIS now!

But first I'll need to crash some spaceships into one another...:D

Also @HatBat, your videos are amazing! It all looks so professional.   

30 minutes ago, Mobius said:

Woo! I got the wheels on the Vikus to work! :D

It only took the reconfiguration of the entire chassis. I'll get an improved .craft file up by the end of the day.

Great! The Vikus is a nice 'lil APC; the internal space is very well-organized and the hull's pretty nicely shaped.

Hey, slow down, you two don't need to be bosting about your craft.

Besides, aesthetics are also important, and while a hugely armored craft might be very effective, sleek ships look much better in cinematics...

JT

Edited by JTpopcorn

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.