Kethane Station Discussion

Halban

2 hours ago, NotAnAimbot said:

Do we have to bind a fire button to our submissions?

I'd say to mainly prioritize making action groups for core craft functions and stock weapons (especially for spacecraft). BDA's AI autopilots/guard mode does a lot of the work of targeting+firing automatically these days. 

BTW, NotAnAimbot, I did take a look at your "Super Predator" fighter, it's a nice piece of hardware, though you didn't need THAT many chaff and flare pods to provide decent countermeasure coverage. :P I tested it as part of a large BD dogfight I did earlier today, and its GAU-8 makes it excellent in close-quarters for air-to-air (destroyed one of my best gun-battle fighters up close). However, I still managed to gun it down after a brief chase.

WcR8eWd.png

Lwq282Z.png

sJ3oFqI.png

ixt19P2.png

ropHGPw.png

The aircraft I was half-piloting (letting the AI pilot have partial control in the test) was one of my custom ATS-FX04 Talon MK2-Bs, equipped with 2 AMRAAMs, 4 AIM-9s, a Vulcan cannon, and a laser module on the top of the fuselage. (I might send this to HatBat, depending on his needs for the series, but I'm holding off as I've already made lots of craft for it thus far.) I destroyed the F-24 with a Vulcan barrage, though I think as far as fighters go, the Super Predator is pretty effective at what it does.

Edited by ScriptKitt3h

9 hours ago, ScriptKitt3h said:

I destroyed the F-24

You might have faced the wrong plane. The F-24 is the "Strike Predator", the ground attack version, while the dedicated "Super Predator" fighter is the XF-4 with missiles is in an earlier post, with the download link here; https://www.mediafire.com/?cebcvg6zh77efkb

The reason that the F-24 you fought had massive countermeasure pods was that it's supposed to be on ground attack role, and thus have better (E)CM to escape low-level AA.

Edited by NotAnAimbot

1 hour ago, Heckspress said:

Fix ur mediafire link. They've banned em cuz of pr0nographic ads.

make it a dropbox link.

Dropbox works well, but I've also heard tons and tons of praise for KerbalX, and it does DL the craft file immediately, with near-instant loading times.

2 hours ago, NotAnAimbot said:

You might have faced the wrong plane. The F-24 is the "Strike Predator", the ground attack version, while the dedicated "Super Predator" fighter is the XF-4 with missiles is in an earlier post, with the download link here; https://www.This website cannot be used on these forums/?cebcvg6zh77efkb

The reason that the F-24 you fought had massive countermeasure pods was that it's supposed to be on ground attack role, and thus have better (E)CM to escape low-level AA.

Oh well, the airframe's still pretty darn good, and I think that based off the F-24's performance that it's a good fighter. However, it'll be up to HatBat to determine whether or not to use it if he needs fighter aircraft in the next episode or two.

A smaller vessel @ 260 parts. About 1/3 the size of the Pike class, the Piranha is a lightly armed and nimble fighter. It is armed with two 10rd separation cannons, making it ideal for smaller and unarmored vessels on its own. However, repetitive impacts to targeted areas of a heavier armored vessel can allow the small projectiles to slip through the armor and strike more delicate systems. 

Download Link

Edited by 23278
Link Change

19 hours ago, 23278 said:

*snippity

Download Link

I conducted a rather extreme test of your ship with my two most powerful missiles, both of which utterly destroyed the ship

7VQ6VFg.png

This is the result after contact with a Bol-class missile at 3km

P9IXuqE.png

And this is the result after contact with an Isochron missile at 1km. I've taken a close look at the Pike-class and I have noticed that it completely lacks a skeleton framework, this actually makes it quite fragile in comparison to come other ships like the Gideon, the Recon Corvette or any of zekes' ships. Otherwise the armour is really good at completely negating damage and its compound nature in places makes it highly resistant to smaller arms such as the Krenko or other fighters. However you should avoid linking your armour pieces as that practically makes it a weak spot that removes all other armour pieces.

The Pikes arnaments look good but I doubt its effectiveness against larger, more armoured ships like the Victory, the Avacyn or some MU ships, I'd suggest making more complex, guided missiles that are heavier as the heavier the projectile, the more damaging it is.

Otherwise it is a very solid and well-rounded ship that is very capable, it's a good start.

Edited by Spearka

Ok, thanks for the criticism. I suppose I may have to substitute form for function on the armor. Second ship I posted suffers the same. I like my ships sleek, lol.

As for the armaments, those are just there as place-holders. I haven't actually worked on missiles yet.

Edited by 23278

6 hours ago, ScriptKitt3h said:

Oh well, the airframe's still pretty darn good

Well, the F-24 is based off the F-2, and the F-2 and XF-4 are both completely different aircraft. I'm uploading a link for an upgraded version, if you want to test it. The F-24 might get better chances of going in seeing its anti-ground capability, but who knows, maybe the'll be a battle for air superiority.

XF-4 Close Range Air Superiority prototype, or XF-4 CRAS. Built on the F-4's frame, the XF-4 integrates advanced ECM countermeasures and a revised weaponry positioning. The twin elevator arrangement allows for more maneuverability than its predecessor. Link

P7sppdZ.png

8 minutes ago, NotAnAimbot said:

On an unrelated topic, can we use Kerbin Dynamic's nuclear warheads? I'm planning to build a cruise missile armed with one.

I imagine we can't for story purposes but I'd rather hear from HatBat

45 minutes ago, NotAnAimbot said:

On an unrelated topic, can we use Kerbin Dynamic's nuclear warheads? I'm planning to build a cruise missile armed with one.

I'd say to only ever assume stock and BDA, but even then only using BDA for surface/air craft.

Keeping things as light as possible in terms of mods used helps with performance and keeping the production of new KS content more streamlined.

I've been busy with another war games with a friend. Here's the results.

The D-20 Jupiter-class destroyer is a flexible, light destroyer with intrasystem range. It features three Vindicator torpedoes and can be modified to hold anti-fighter missiles or other armaments. https://www.mediafire.com/?9a22a2awyu36o0o5TfPWu0.png

The other ship that came out of this was the F-10 Mercury fighter. Equally flexible, the Mercury can hold either six anti-ship missiles or two torpedoes and two anti-fighter missiles. The F-10 is most effective when paired with carrier craft to extend its range and flexibility. https://www.mediafire.com/?9a22a2awyu36o0o
GXTtxoV.png

34 minutes ago, NotAnAimbot said:

As for the "Choose a side" rule, does it matter if our company is neutral and furnishing weapons to both sides to maximize profits like mine does? Or do we have to stand firmly in one side?

I'd advise to pick one side (and I'd personally advise to support GMI, they keep getting their craft obliterated by HKA's underdog heros!)

Well, I guess I'm redoing my company's bio.

hWZDg5Q.png

Aimbot Labs is a design bureau focused on ground-based vehicles, mostly airplanes. Aimbot Labs offers quality fighters, and projects are ongoing in cruise missile and ground vehicle designs. The company stands with GMI for the moment, but may change side, depending on which takes more casualties, all to maximize profit. Our line of products has already been introduced earlier in the thread, and more weapons are to come.

Edited by NotAnAimbot

32 minutes ago, winged said:

A couple of good old war machines:

Well they look good, bit did you look at the submission rules at all?

Besides the paint, I see kax, a wheel mod, and maybe some parts mods...

At least be on topic...:D

1 hour ago, NotAnAimbot said:

Does HatBat usually announce which crafts he's taking?

Prior to Kethane Stations shortly before release? No. I'm not wholly sure what goes on before an episode is released and until 1.1 is released it's all speculative right now

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.