Kethane Station Discussion

Halban

7 hours ago, Greymangames said:

Can you provide a List of Blacklisted Users? I am terribly worried that I may be on that list and as I am in the process of cleaning my entry list, i thought i would ask for specifics.

If not, can you provide a reason for this discretion? Thank you.

There is no list as it wouldn't be very big, it's only a couple users and you're not one of them. Your submissions are already on the show, after all. 

6 hours ago, ScriptKitt3h said:

Video's showing up as Private for me all of a sudden, you take it down for some alterations?

Need to replace the video because the Kerbal subtitles didn't appear for some reason.

7 minutes ago, HatBat said:

There is no list as it wouldn't be very big, it's only a couple users and you're not one of them. Your submissions are already on the show, after all. 

Need to replace the video because the Kerbal subtitles didn't appear for some reason.

7 minutes ago, HatBat said:

am i on the black list as in the past my posts wearnt clean. if not did my jay bird ever make it in to fight for the glory of the hka

57 minutes ago, The_Mad_Emu said:

am i on the black list as in the past my posts wearnt clean. if not did my jay bird ever make it in to fight for the glory of the hka

Again, there is no clean cut blacklist. It's simply that I have no choice but to ignore people who upload one craft at a time as it makes it incredibly difficult to use their submissions.

Video is now back up with kerbal subtitles.

20 hours ago, Greymangames said:

I am terribly worried that I may be on that list

I'd be surprised if you were, since your name appears in Ep. 23's credits.

Since there's going to be a single episode about Kerbin, I guess I'll dump all the work I had. I initially wanted to keep them for a second part of the campaign, but I guess I'll show them now, since I don't believe any further combat will happen in the conditions I've designed them for. Most are upgrades from previous craft to make them more aesthetically pleasing or combat effective, but I have some new ones in my roster. They probably won't get featured due to Ep. 25 being already underway, but they're still a leap from my previous clunky designs. 

Generic action groups for most crafts:

1) Fire selected weapon

2) Next weapon

3) Toggle afterburners

More binds are used for some specialized craft. 

2jLD3ip.png

F-2F Predator, and F-2FS (Ground attack loadout) an advanced air superiority fighter developed from the F-2DM ICE. Originally intended as a testing airframe for what was to become the F-3 Hunter II, this version has benefited from a rebuilt lifting surface, wing and engine pods. The old overhead intakes were found to create too much drag and uselessly complicate maintenance, and were thus removed from this variant. It carries six AIM-120 radar missiles and six AIM-9 infrared missiles, in addition to an internal 20mm Gatling gun. With more effective control surfaces, the F-2F is capable of supermaneuverability, contrarily to its predecessors. In addition with its long range, these capabilities make it a very useful multirole fighter to GMI's forces. As always, a FLIR pod is included, in case other weapon systems are mounted.

AhXr8Oh.png

F-3 Hunter IIa twin engine supermaneuverable fighter. Intended to offer a complete and solid air defense network in combination with the smaller F-2, the F-3 was designed to fill in a longer range role, unfilled by most current competing fighters, as well as providing a direct counter to newer HKA fighters such as the F-73 and F-51 series.. Most current fighters fielded by HKA and GMI are relatively small-sized and have a short operating range, unlike the F-3's large size and combat radius. Even with its length over 20 meters, similar to some medium bombers, it retains a surprising maneuverability, able to surprise uncaring pilots of smaller planes. During tests, it was able to perform various maneuvers, from Pugachev's cobra to the "Kulbut". With large fuel reserves, dual seat arrangement and over 18 hardpoints, the F-3 is sure to dominate the skies over Kerbin. Take care, however, as only a handful of them are available due to the high production cost. As a secondary development, the usual "Strike" variant was produced alongside the fighter.

Use action group 5 to retract the ladders.

hgDLWo7.png

The F-34 Strike Hunter carries an impressive array of bombs, anti-tank missiles and air-to-air missiles, coupled with a 30mm Gatling gun. The main difference between this version is the side-by-side seating. Coupled with a large canopy glass, this feature offers optimal visibility over the battlefield and communication between the two pilots, at the cost of reduced back visibility. Unlike older designs, the targeting equipment has been moved behind the cockpit and gun, between both engines. It still retains the speed and maneuverability of the F-3, rendering it a powerful asset for both air and ground defense over Kerbin.

G8tULs9.png

ALS Minmus III class stealth patrol boat, first unveiled naval product of Aimbot Labs. This ship is designed to ensure air and ground defense around a relatively small perimeter in shallow waters, although blue water cruising capability is also included. The main armament consists of a modified "Tundra" turret mounted on the bow, offering deadly anti-air and ground support capability. Additionally, eight AIM-120 missiles are included in a rear turret mount, able to target both aircraft and other ships detected by radar. A major feature of the Minmus III are the stealth improvements. With a flush superstructure, radar cross section is reduced compared to other ships. This enables it to surprise unprepared enemies and only be detected when in visual range.

Use action group 4 to fire countermeasures.

nXcUVDS.png

1K12 Tundra-W (Wheeled), a development of the tank-based 1K11 Tundra. As Wolverine I hulls were needed for MBT role, the 1K11 Tundra was deemed to be a waste of useful resources, and was planned to be replaced with a newer version mounted on a different chassis. The MPT-1 chassis was chosen, since many were available, and maintenance would be easier on an already mass-produced vehicle. Upgrades were also brought to the turret, as the older AIM-9 missiles were found to be largely useless on any plane with adequate countermeasures. The heavier AIM-120 was installed, at the cost of reduced missile count due to weight issues. Eight extendable struts are provided to stabilize it while firing. Maximum road speed is of 100km/h. Gun range is of 2.85km, and missile range of 7.7km.

Under the misc tab of AL's hub. All other products under respective tabs.

Edited by NotAnAimbot

3 hours ago, HatBat said:

Again, there is no clean cut blacklist. It's simply that I have no choice but to ignore people who upload one craft at a time as it makes it incredibly difficult to use their submissions.

Video is now back up with kerbal subtitles.

Nice vid! I like how it's portrayed like a documentary showcasing the history of HKA. 

4 hours ago, HatBat said:

Video is now back up with kerbal subtitles

"vidsnip"

This is very nice work; for a great deal of people they weren't around, myself included for the first videos and with old videos dissapearing for some reason it's nice to once again get a full recap of Season 1 with so much content lost

Edit: just heard of the blacklist, now I'm a bit concerned on being on it since I was a bit hostile to The_Mad_Emu a while back but I don't know if that would be a big deal

Edited by Spearka

I've read the rules, and my ship fits under the criteria of Heavy Fighters.

Kerbal Aerospace Safety Hazard Averter
(KASHA)

This company designs space vehicles that are designed to be extremely safe, hence their name. However, as they are not a well known company, they're not too wealthy of a company. Because of this, they design their ships cheaply, but with many safety measures. The mortality rate of the recent battles in space have made them strive to make safety features for combat vehicles. However, they were promptly ignored when attempting to approach GMI with these ideas, and with the blockade preventing some of their blueprint and part buyers unable to get to space, they decided upon a passive alliance with HKA.

They don't have an official flag, as of now. Because of this, they decided that all ships they send to assist the HKA along with their crews will bear the HKA flag and symbol, and the pilots of their ships will follow HKA's orders. However, they do have their own set of rules that applies to all KASHA crews:

1. All commands from KASHA headquarters are top priority, even if HKA says otherwise.
2. Do not intentionally go for kill shots. If an enemy Kerbal dies from splash damage done by the weapons or some other unavoidable action, it is considered unintentional collateral damage. However, you cannot fire at command pods or capsuals directly with the intention of killing.
3. All ships are considered property. Do not damage any other ships in any way, unless it is a hostile warship.
4. You are permitted to fire back if fired at.

I also have set limitations for myself when building ships:

1. I can only use parts that cost less than 10,000. That means no nuclear engines, large fuel tanks, ect.
2. All ships must have a total cost less than 100,000. No exceptions.

KASHA Built Heavy Fighter: The ⑨-Class Missile Delivery Truck (Completely Stock)

(Note: I put all my pictures in panels. It's a habit I picked up from the World of Tanks Blitz forums.)

Spoiler

omoxdih.png

Spoiler

bSPnZzN.png

The ⑨-Class Missile Delivery Truck is not a truck, sorry to disappoint you people. But it's a common nickname given to it. It doesn't have any other name.

It is classified as a Heavy Fighter, by HKA and GMI standards, however it is not. It is a second line support ship, designed to attack enemies from afar and destroy or damage them before they get a chance to fire. It doesn't have much armor, delta-v, or missiles. Despite the fact it can carry only one missile, that missile is the reason this ship is so deadly.

Spoiler

FPUhyuF.png

The weapon on it is an Amulet guided heavy missile. It uses RCS engines and reaction wheels to move around, and when headed straight for an enemy ship it fires ten seperatrons. Four of the seperatrons spin the missile, for maximum armor piercing, and the six remaining missiles propel it even faster. 

Now, you saw the little fuselage piece on the top of the vehicle, right? That's where the crew stays. With a crew of one Kerbal in an External Command Seat, and with no other robotic probe parts other than the one on the missile, that's a vulnerable spot.

Spoiler

7z9ALDc.png

Not very luxurious, but it gets the job done. 

On the very back of the ship is an escape and reentry pod. Because all ships really need to have one.

Now! The specs.

Action Groups:

Abort: Deploys all parachutes.

1: Toggles bay doors and decouples the missile.

2: Toggles the main engines on the missile.

3: Toggles all the lights, antennas, solar panels, ect. on the ship.

Weight: 13.0 Tons.

Parts: 116

Cost: 31715

Total units of fuel: 360 Units of Liquid Fuel, 440 Units of Oxidizer

Engines: 1x LV-909 Engine at 100% engine power, 1x 24-77 Engine at 20% Power.

Download [Dropbox]: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mfv5nayckmhuqz5/⑨-Class Missile Delivery Truck.craft?dl=0

I'm pretty sure I didn't forget anything, but tell me if I did.

Edited by Voyager15

Hey, just as a question, are you allowing people to make side stories for your series such as that of Rogue 1 or not. Also what are your rules on clipping as one of my vehicles has the weapons manager AI pilot and targeting pod clipped into the front?

Edited by THIRTY9CLUES

9 minutes ago, THIRTY9CLUES said:

Also what are your rules on clipping as one of my vehicles has the weapons manager AI pilot and targeting pod clipped into the front?

Generally AFAIK clipping's not an issue really, as long as it's nothing super ridiculous like 20 engines on a single node or something like that- your example seems fine, and plenty of craft do utilize clipping to various extents for aesthetic and/or in-flight performance-related reasons. However, make sure that if you do submit your vehicle to the thread here, that you post it in a concise and clear manner, in line with the guidelines in the OP.

Doing so makes organizing and going through submissions a lot easier for HatBat (as well as myself, as I help him check the submissions), and just helps keep the thread a bit more clean and clutter-free.

As far as "side stories" would go, I can't really speak on that (as it is HatBat's series, not mine), but I'd assume he'd prefer to keep things under his own creative control, since each episode's had a good mix of narrative and action, and making an episode takes quite a lot of time and effort. As such, I'd suspect that outside of what he's already announced/hinted at recently, we know all we will know in regards to the KS series for the time being.

34 minutes ago, ScriptKitt3h said:

Generally AFAIK clipping's not an issue really, as long as it's nothing super ridiculous like 20 engines on a single node or something like that- your example seems fine, and plenty of craft do utilize clipping to various extents for aesthetic and/or in-flight performance-related reasons. However, make sure that if you do submit your vehicle to the thread here, that you post it in a concise and clear manner, in line with the guidelines in the OP.

Doing so makes organizing and going through submissions a lot easier for HatBat (as well as myself, as I help him check the submissions), and just helps keep the thread a bit more clean and clutter-free.

As far as "side stories" would go, I can't really speak on that (as it is HatBat's series, not mine), but I'd assume he'd prefer to keep things under his own creative control, since each episode's had a good mix of narrative and action, and making an episode takes quite a lot of time and effort. As such, I'd suspect that outside of what he's already announced/hinted at recently, we know all we will know in regards to the KS series for the time being.

Thanks, and how many weapons can I place as my current loadout is 6 sidewinders 6 Aim-120s and 4 Mavericks. Yeah, a little overkill but I was just asking what is the maxiumn.

P.S. I also have to Gau-8s and 2 vulcans, its type (I guess) would be multirole.

2 hours ago, THIRTY9CLUES said:

Thanks, and how many weapons can I place as my current loadout is 6 sidewinders 6 Aim-120s and 4 Mavericks. Yeah, a little overkill but I was just asking what is the maxiumn.

P.S. I also have to Gau-8s and 2 vulcans, its type (I guess) would be multirole.

I would say to not go overboard with weapons- really, since it sounds like a plane (if you're planning on submitting this, please post it along the guidelines at the start of the thread, with pictures), I'm going to advise that you only have 1 GAU-8 OR 1 vulcan. It's really not necessary to have tons of guns and missiles on a single vehicle for ground/air, and just bloats the part count. As for missiles, similar thing: 2 of each; one pair being air-to-air (AIM-9/120), one pair being air-to-ground (Maverick). Really, it's best not to spam BDA weapons all over your craft, since any engagement in-air is either going to be along HatBat's plan for the plot, or likely via the wingman/dogfight AI, which will wrap things up in the air relatively quickly.

In addition- if you're going to ask about your craft possibly violating the requirements/guidelines for the submissions, please post some pics so HatBat and I can see what you're referring to, not just guess at it.

I have built a military ship for the Kethane Station series, it has 7 AP torpedoes and 2 sets of 2 senior and standard docking ports. Its in game description is this : "The Unending Conquest Class Battle Cruiser is a Brawler if you ever saw one. With heavy armour and 7 AP torpedoes it can take and deal serious damage. This craft was used by its developers and manufacturers, The Coneezean Empire, to take and destroy the Phoenix Republic  in the 3rd Kethane war. Now the once proud Coneezean Empire is just a corp rather than an imperial empire due to the rise of the GMI. the Coneezean empire hates GMI as as soon as they set up the blockade they issued an ultimatum: the Coneezean empire must no longer classify as a governing body and must not own any land as they pose a very real threat to GMI."

It is completely vanilla.

I do not know how to upload files so if you want it you can either tell me where to email it or tell me how to upload it to the forum.

Edited by TheConeezeanEmperor

1 hour ago, TheConeezeanEmperor said:

It is completely vanilla.

I do not know how to upload files so if you want it you can either tell me where to email it or tell me how to upload it to the forum.

For pictures, use imgur. It's free, fast, and you can even use pre-existing logins like your Google account (for example) to make an account there. For .craft files, there's lots of options, though 3 of the most popular are KerbalX ( free community hosting site for KSP craft, features commenting/upvoting, and mod detection, plus fast DLs), Dropbox (free for the most part, multi-use beyond just KSP), and Google Drive (free).

6 hours ago, THIRTY9CLUES said:

Hey, just as a question, are you allowing people to make side stories for your series such as that of Rogue 1 or not. Also what are your rules on clipping as one of my vehicles has the weapons manager AI pilot and targeting pod clipped into the front?

I think moderate clipping is fine, as my aircraft have the fly by wire system meshed into the BDarmory radar nose.

Nice profile pic btw :P

2 hours ago, Mobius said:

I think moderate clipping is fine, as my aircraft have the fly by wire system meshed into the BDarmory radar nose.

Nice profile pic btw :P

Thanks man, and my bd armory does not work anymore and supposedly only one episode on earth, I don't feel the need to continue with planes, working with ships right now.

Just now, THIRTY9CLUES said:

Thanks man, and my bd armory does not work anymore and supposedly only one episode on earth, I don't feel the need to continue with planes, working with ships right now.

BDArmory does still work, there's a 1.1.3 version out (being developed by a separate team in @BahamutoD's absence), and the next episode's not guaranteed to be the last one on Kerbin. However, if you're going to be submitting starships, just make sure that they're all-stock, not too high in part count (250-300 would be the max before things start getting bad performance-wise, but lower counts mean more ships can be shown at once), and that you follow the guidelines for submittal.

23 minutes ago, ScriptKitt3h said:

BDArmory does still work, there's a 1.1.3 version out (being developed by a separate team in @BahamutoD's absence), and the next episode's not guaranteed to be the last one on Kerbin. However, if you're going to be submitting starships, just make sure that they're all-stock, not too high in part count (250-300 would be the max before things start getting bad performance-wise, but lower counts mean more ships can be shown at once), and that you follow the guidelines for submittal.

No, my problem with bd is that it will crash my ksp during the loading.

1 hour ago, ScriptKitt3h said:

and the next episode's not guaranteed to be the last one on Kerbin.

On 7/29/2016 at 10:26 PM, HatBat said:
On 7/29/2016 at 9:29 PM, NotAnAimbot said:

Additionally, how many episodes do you plan using on the Kerbin campaign?

Just the one. It will be a pretty long one though, similar to episode 23. Perhaps in future I'll do a battle lasting multiple episodes, that could really make it feel like a tough fight.

Not guaranteed, but probably the only one in some time, considering production time.

Edited by NotAnAimbot

4 hours ago, TheConeezeanEmperor said:

I have an issue, I cant show the ship in action as my PC dies when I load it into the game, I have a Lenovo for goodness sake. So any ideas, I could just show it in the VAB...

3 hours ago, Spartwo said:

Send it out, someone will take images for you if you ask.

I'd be willing to take some pics of it for you, if you'd wish. (My rig's capable of handling my own ships, which range from a few hundred parts or less to well over 1300/1400 parts.)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.