Kethane Station Discussion

Halban

Well, I have several truly huge battleships, made with Large Ship Parts (yeah, I know, its not stock). I know I can't submit them, since they're not stock, but I'm asking about what you think of some naval influence here. Maybe I'll try to make equally colossal stock ships personally for this thread, though that will probably take more than 300 parts, as opposed to my current 50-60 parts.

Edited by Matuchkin

On 21/03/2016 at 9:07 AM, Spearka said:

As promised, I would like to introduce the Ulamog-class Gunship

vnwElRj.png

This ground-attack craft is designed to wreak havoc on ground targets with its single GAU-8 cannon and a grand total of 12 Rocket pods; this alone gives it enough firepower to entirely level the KSC to the ground many times over.

kCbkd2H.png

In addition, it also comes mounted with two 50. cal cannons and two AARAMS to ward off airborne threats

Thrust is modest but doable with the two Panther engines, its weight means it cannot take off Dry, however it has more than enough thrust in Wet mode to clear off the ground and go at a substantial speed albeit with heavy fuel consumption; It's advised using drop tanks for long range missions

Download Link

Maybe you should add another winglet, covered in hellfires. Those are very effective and compact as hell, so you'll be able to literally cover your gunship with them. And there would literally be no trouble with aiming once a laser lock is established. Otherwise, this thing is (Warthog + Predator) x 10.

Edited by Matuchkin

14 minutes ago, NotAnAimbot said:

That might make his VTOL less maneuverable though, and slower due to higher weight.

But wouldn't the hellfires make up for that? I mean, a C-130, for example, is not even close to being maneuverable. Yet the sheer amount of weaponry and countermeasures on it make it deadly. This should be the same case.

Edited by Matuchkin

5 minutes ago, Matuchkin said:

I mean, a C-130, for example, is not even close to being maneuverable. Yet the sheer amount of weaponry and countermeasures on it make it deadly

Not if my XF-4 has something to say about it. Or the F-2 with 8 AMRAAMs.

Introducing two new planes from Aimbot Labs; the F-4 and F-2C.

The F-4 CRAS multirole fighter is designed to tackle both ground and air targets. Its armament is composed of 2xAIM-120, 6xAIM-9, 2xMarverick and 2xM61 Vulcan cannons, in addition to a targeting pod and ECM module. Its high maneuverability and heavy armament makes it suitable for most battlefield tasks, and especially good if you're defending some base against a big assault from your arch-nemesis. Link

WOjVFaB.png

Built to complement its ground-attack version, the F-2C Predator is a dedicated ASF, operating beyond and within visual range with its impressive loadout of 2xM61, 6xAIM-120 and 6xAIM-9. It comes equipped with countermeasures and ECM. It is, however, bigger and less maneuverable than its successor the F-4, and shouldn't be used for close-range dogfights. Link

abLCHaM.png

For both, 1 is bound to activate the autopilot, ECM and toggle guard mode. Engines need to be started manually.

Edited by NotAnAimbot

11 hours ago, JTpopcorn said:

Well they look good, bit did you look at the submission rules at all?

Besides the paint, I see kax, a wheel mod, and maybe some parts mods...

At least be on topic...:D

Sorry, I thought that this is just a showcase thread without any rules :)

1 hour ago, NotAnAimbot said:

So, we're going to have to wait until some time after 1.1? Damn :(

Just until everything runs stable enough, you don't want to have a crash that losses progress mid battle, or deletes a craft mi reentry

Although the stable release would be helpful, I'm really just waiting on mods to update. It seems nothing survived the new version. It's also going to take a while to relaunch everything, as per usual the save was broken by the update. Not to mention I don't know what I'm going to do about all the craft shown in the last episode that no longer work in the new version of BD Armoury. Trust me when I say that actually filming and editing the video is a very small part of what goes in to releasing an episode :(

Edited by HatBat

2 hours ago, HatBat said:

Although the stable release would be helpful, I'm really just waiting on mods to update. It seems nothing survived the new version. It's also going to take a while to relaunch everything, as per usual the save was broken by the update. Not to mention I don't know what I'm going to do about all the craft shown in the last episode that no longer work in the new version of BD Armoury. Trust me when I say that actually filming and editing the video is a very small part of what goes in to releasing an episode :(

Why did it break the save? Did you not update it to 1.0.5 first? Then you could re-setup everything faster and just port it over.

3 minutes ago, Andem said:

Why did it break the save? Did you not update it to 1.0.5 first? Then you could re-setup everything faster and just port it over.

Could be mods having major changes, could be craft files/save files simply getting corrupted during the change-over.

considering the tranquillity deleted scene would you like me to develop your first boat for you im thinking a lightly armed fast transport type of boat to pick up the two stranded kerbals and get to them fast and get out fast.

9 hours ago, Andem said:

Actually it's more like the save broke the save, I won't go into depth, but a bunch of stuff went poof and disappeared, and I think the kraken visited.

9 hours ago, Andem said:

It was actually my recent update from 1.0.2 to 1.0.5 that broke it and it's been broken since. I believe it was the move over several versions of BD Armoury in one go that broke it. It makes no difference though, I'm still going to have to remake it so I might as well do it for 1.1 and not 1.0.5.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.