[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

For me the Strugatsky default plane does not take off or get faster than 101m/s with NEAR installed. Everything else works fine for me but that might be worth looking into.

Hello!

Does anybody know how to make an engine intake or a nacelle that is smoothly welded into the wing structure like we can clearly see on many screenshots here?

Thank you!

You can try rotating using shift + W/A/S/D/Q/E or maybe turn off angle snapping, depending on what you mean. Sometimes it's just a matter of finding the right fit.

Honestly, I don't like that. If I wanted the stock jets nerfed, I would have gone to a different mod.

We've gotten tired of seeing all B9 part planes with stock engines "because they're better" when they're actually just incredibly overpowered, stock turbojets are just silly.

I checked and it seems the config that changes the stock jets is its own MM config. Good to know I can choose whether or not B9 messes with stock engines.

Yeah you can obviously remove the fix, and use the incredibly OP stock jets, we don't judge you, promise.

Thats a shame no HL crew tank.

It's problematic to make one, main problem is that kerbal are completely unoptimized, the more you add to an IVA the lower your FPS drops, yes FPS isn't that important in IVA but it's still not ideal, I tried 24 kerbals on 2 floors in the 6m S2 crew tank, really doesn't work, dropped it to 12 with fuel on the bottom floor and no ladders and access holes.

I think if I make a HL CT I'd need to make it 2m long and again use the bottom half for fuel, and have 2 floors on top for crew, with a total of 4 windows, 2 either side, one per floor, can fit 10-12 kerbals across those 2 floors nicely.

Edited by K3|Chris

Yes its very hard to break it when you copy and paste over top of it.... And deleting each folder and copying did not help either...

Any stuctural parts that had been set to hold fuel are not right clickable on my craft. Any parts that where just structural now are full of fuel, but it pretty much breaks all my craft. MFT seems to work... But there goes hours of work. And its not the only craft.

Now I know I promised not to complain about the gear any more, 5.0 was sweet. But... skipped 5.1, just loaded 5.2: My previously working craft are *sliding sideways on the runway*. Landing is now an extremely dodgy proposition. Either braking traction is somehow un-even or the runway just got super slippery. Dropped the .cfg from R5.0 back in and all is well.

Repro: Launch, apply brakes, watch nosewheel slide sideways :(

Am I doing something wrong, or is the latest round of gear changes heading in the tokyo drift direction?

For me the Strugatsky default plane does not take off or get faster than 101m/s with NEAR installed. Everything else works fine for me but that might be worth looking into.

NEAR:

Screenshot155.png

Its a little underpowered right now, though. I'm going to add a 4th set of the engines to the craft and probably boost the engines a little bit at some point. The craft needs a bit of a redesign, to be totally honest.

So, the Virgin Generic thing... is it actually necessary? It's stopping my game from loading, and if it's not actually necessary for the function of the mod I'm going to throw it overboard.

So long as you don't want to use the HX parts, no. We always add pointless plugins, you know, for fun :D

If its stopping your game from loading, something else is almost certainly the cause.

Built an 8 engine 4 generator delta shaped HX size space plane and it handles fine can get into orbit then return. It's having some problems when it gets lower in the atmosphere in FAR. Trying some spoilers and breaks tonight. HUGE mach 6.9 ships are possible. It's got 3 big cubes of LFO plus two big triangles on the sides. The part count is low ish without landing gear and doesn't bring the cpu to it's knees. I'll post pics when I get home Saturday.

Screenshots (and maybe .craft?) please :3

NEAR:

So long as you don't want to use the HX parts, no. We always add pointless plugins, you know, for fun :D

If its stopping your game from loading, something else is almost certainly the cause.

I didn't figure you did. I'm going to lay on a fresh install and see where that gets me. Hopefully that solves the issue, so I can get back to exploring my newly expanded universe.

http://imgur.com/a/WWB18#0

What I mean is the style of engine intake mount like on the plane in this album.

You can clearly see it on the outside pictures.

I have no idea how to do this as I just do not see any parts of this shape as well as any parts that will go inside the wing not just stick on top.

Also as far as I can remember that some of the interiors had head up guidance systems but they do not have them now while sometimes you can see the place in the cockpit where it would fit just right. Is it supposed to be this way?

The intakes are not just 1 part, that is a 3 part combination I think.