[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

I am not asking you to do anything with textures. I am not asking you to do anything that is time intensive or any remodeling at all. What I am asking for is just to make a mirrored part and include it as an option with firespitter tweakables or something. In fact I would never care at all if only it was a purely visual difference. The problem is that it is not about textures. Whatever it is it is screwing up my attempts to surface attach just anything on top of this wing. And this is practically my favorite one in this pack so it is used quite often. I can make some more pictures of the cases where it is a problem or you can just test it in your game yourself.

Yes it looks quite right this way.

But then what is wrong if I do this? Which side did you attach there first? For me it looks like the collider is different and everything that is on the right side is sitting much deeper into the surface than the same object on the left side. In the same speed brake example it looks like the left side is inline with the wing surface and the right side is deeper inside so the wing mesh is flickering through the speed brake base part or even overlapping it. What am I doing wrong with it?

@Kitspace

If you disable symmetry, assemble stuff on whichever side it looks right and then grab the root part and enable symmetry does it still appear different on the other side?

Edit: Or alt-click the good one and attach to the other side.

I think I found a bug. The menu does not display on some of the parts like the MK 1, MK 2, and S2 tails. Everything else is fine.

EDIT: What I mean is the tweakable menu. I can't empty the fuel out of the tails either.

Edited by Eskandare

Release 5.2.3

zqw5lt0.pngr5ws7xH.pngAXkQOlc.png

WARNING! IF YOU HAVE ONE OF THE OLDER RELEASES INSTALLED:

Remove the GameData/B9_Aerospace folder before upgrading!

• The textures were converted to PNG for massive memory savings (usage went down approximately from 2.1Gb to 0.85Gb).

• Added the new Mk2 Crew Tank IVA with 4 seats.

is there any plans to give other fuel tank variants like zenon, or even mod support for a kethane fuel tank in the large sizes. i could really make good use out of a mothership that carries these fuels to refill my smaller ships in an upcoming series im working on.

plus it would just be nice to have at least all the basic fuels in the HX parts.

PS. also its great to have you guys back. things where getting a bit hairy with all the improvised community fixes. and the new HX parts are great

Edited by wraith257

You can do that with modulemanager configs or MFT mod, but I don't see a point in creating stock xenon tanks. Ion engines by definition are playable only with very lightweight spacecraft, and this pack is focusing on pretty heavy parts. Besides, there already are other mods with beautiful bigger xenon tanks that will fit well with B9 (Near Future Propulsion).

Edited by bac9

Just in case, I'll repeat:

If you have installed previous releases of this mod, remove the B9_Aerospace folder before installing the new update (R5.2.3).

Otherwise you will get both TGA and PNG versions of every texture and will completely murder the game as it will attempt to load them all.

• The textures were converted to PNG for massive memory savings (usage went down approximately from 2.1Gb to 0.85Gb)

I'm torn between unbridled joy at this development, and burning curiosity as to why this hadn't been done earlier xD

Thanks anyway though :D

• The textures were converted to PNG for massive memory savings (usage went down approximately from 2.1Gb to 0.85Gb).

• Added the new Mk2 Crew Tank IVA with 4 seats.

You sir are awesome, especially the first one!

and burning curiosity as to why this hadn't been done earlier xD

Because it's a bug in the asset loader we didn't know about until now, Tav asked Mu about it after wondering why B9 which has fewer MBs of textures used more than than stock assets.

Just in case, I'll repeat:

If you have installed previous releases of this mod, remove the B9_Aerospace folder before installing the new update (R5.2.3).

Otherwise you will get both TGA and PNG versions of every texture and will completely murder the game as it will attempt to load them all.

That's funny... I nearly spit up my chai latte all over my screen. I developed a batch file to extract my downloaded mods from their zip files and then scan them for either MBM textures or TGA textures and convert them to PNG for me. Otherwise my laptop would have issues running stock alone.

At least now I won't have to wait for the batch process to convert every stinking texture.

I seem to have duplicates of every part. I did delete the previous B9 install before installing the new version and yet every part seems to be duplicated. I deleted B9 and all other mods that it came with except the firespitter dll.