[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

1 hour ago, ZainSnowpaw said:

Hey guys, so i ran into this problem when i installed B9, The body sections dont work as fuel tanks, their listed as "FSFuelSwitch" capable in the inventory menu but have no right click context menu and no active texture switch. infact all textures are loaded. all at once. As seen below. I have tried using the packaged Firespitter, the one from the forums and even editing the parts to work with FSFuel switch but have had absolutely no luck resolving the problem.

Is there any advice anyone can give?

Those are the old abandoned MK2 parts. Also did you install Firespitter? B9 is now using the new cross section that matches the cockpit in the picture. Which version of B9 are you using?

Here's the WIP MK2 parts B9 WIP MK2 Parts

Edited by V8jester

Im using the latest release 5.4.0 which comes with firespitter prepacked. From further testing its any part which is meant to hold fuel doesnt have any context menu at all and if it has multiple variations their all overlayed over each other.

The firespitter plugin is definately installed. copied from the download with the b9 mod.

Edit: on second thoughts could it be versions of firespitter rolledinto other parts packs like the MK2 and MK3 expansions?

Edit2: fixed it. Had to seperately get the FS plugin and overwrite the Dll from the b9 download after which it worked.

Edited by ZainSnowpaw

48 minutes ago, blowfish said:

The old ones still work and are the release version for now.  But yeah, it looks like you installed the Firespitter plugin incorrectly or not at all.

Oops, I didn't realize that. Should have looked closer I guess :) 

45 minutes ago, ZainSnowpaw said:

Im using the latest release 5.4.0 which comes with firespitter prepacked. From further testing its any part which is meant to hold fuel doesnt have any context menu at all and if it has multiple variations their all overlayed over each other.

The firespitter plugin is definately installed. copied from the download with the b9 mod.

Edit: on second thoughts could it be versions of firespitter rolledinto other parts packs like the MK2 and MK3 expansions?

Edit2: fixed it. Had to seperately get the FS plugin and overwrite the Dll from the b9 download after which it worked.

Yeah that will get ch'ya every time. When installing mods like B9 that include bundled plugins from other mods like Firespitter, you need to be careful to always use the latest version available. It's always a good idea to look up the plugins/mods separately and grab the latest version. I will often just update the plugins in a given mod .zip file of a bundled mod on my own. As I tend to uninstall reinstall often.

Edited by V8jester

18 minutes ago, Leipä said:

What happened to the Humongous station/spaceship parts seen in the thumbnail?:huh:

Have the been deleted or am I just not seeing them due to not having a required mod or something?

One page back, Blowfish answered:

The HX parts are in the B9_Aerospace_HX download.  The legacy pack (B9_Aerospace_Legacy) is different.

In other words, those are optional install for people like you who love them and to reduce memory usage for folks that never used them.
In legacy folder you can find other parts, like wings and airbrakes that will not be update in the future releases.

Ooops, sorry, I wasn't recall latest posts properly. Good point. Hopefully last two posts will be enough to inform people properly for few days until those posts become buried again :)

Might be good to inform CKAN staff too that HX parts are now available as separate downloads.

3 minutes ago, mrBlaQ said:

Looks like the FS airbrake part is also broken.

The B9 airbrake used the same module, so yes, that's not surprising.  I say used, past tense, because I attempted to get the B9 airbrakes on the same system as the stock airbrakes, but they had integration issues, by which I mean half of them would refuse to trigger for no apparent reason.

On 14/12/2015, 08:05:11, blowfish said:

Yes.  I agreed with bac9 that now that B9 pwings are available, (1) The fixed wings are going to be unnecessary for many people (taking up loading time, RAM, and space in the editor), and (2) They are no longer going to be developed anymore.

If they are too inaccessible as it is, I can add the legacy and HX packs to Kerbalstuff and CKAN without too much trouble, but I was really waiting to see if there was any demand for it first.

here.

Yeah I dislike the procdual parts... AS THEY REQUIRE FERRAM AEROSPACE. and I DO NOT want to use it.

Edited by Joshwoo69

1 hour ago, blowfish said:

Could you be more specific?  Bugs can't be fixed if they're never reported.

The HX parts seem to be having issues with attaching things. Like after I get a really neat ship built, it'll like... okay so if I wanted to put down a radial attachment point, I'd grab it and it'd all go according to plan, blah blah blah, but then whenever I try to attach the radial attachment point, it'll just flash red for a split second and go back to green but stay in my... hand? Cursor? You know what I mean.Then I thought, sure, I'll just put it up and try again. Wrong. Whenever I dragged it over to the parts thing to delete it, it made the deleting noise but stayed selected. It wouldn't let me click on any of the buttons in the SPH (Exit, Save, New, etc...). 

Is this maybe a bug with KJR? I have that installed. Other than that it's pretty much just B9, B9 HX, KJR, and MechJeb. As well as all the B9 dependencies of course.

Edit- My apologies for being so vague. I have issues with that... I guess I just don't catch it, because it sounds fine in my head. Of course I know what I'm talking about, but other people might not. :P

Edited by VenomousRequiem

@VenomousRequiem I'm willing to investigate this.  I doubt it's KJR, a lot of people use that (including me) with no issues.  Could you try to reproduce the issue with the smallest ship possible, then give me your output log?  It sounds like something might be triggering an exception that is preventing certain things from working.

Edited by blowfish

3 minutes ago, Joshwoo69 said:

"You must FAR 15.3.1 or later. Previous versions had a serious issue preventing proper voxelization of mirrored meshes."

That means that if you are using FAR you must use that version (or later).  That probably needs to be clarified...

Edited by blowfish

12 hours ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Glad to see the HX parts are still... riddled with bugs.

Just a friendly note, I'm having a lot of issues with part placement. Like... it doesn't let me put things down after I get real in to building a ship... Thanks for the hard work guys.

:mad:@VenomousRequiem blowfish let you simply off the hook for this, but I am not. Your sarcastic tone which basically translates to: "You a***** you have done jack ****!" is not appreciated! We are not a payed development team you can harass for updates. We are a team of hobbiests who are doing this in their spare time. So the least you could do is staying polite when you report issues!

We had plenty of reports that the HX parts were working just fine when B9 was updated for 1.0.4. Since nothing noteworthy changed for these parts with 1.0.5 there was no reason to expect problems on this front.

4 hours ago, Virtualgenius said:

Can I ask why procedural is favored is it the time to maintain the fixed and update with each release 

Yup you can ask and the simple answer to this is because bac9 said so. We are not the right persons to talk to, to reverse that decision. It is bac9's call. :wink: At the moment there is no problem anyway. Download the legacy pack and the fixed wings will be in fine working condition.

Edited by Flashblade

4 hours ago, Virtualgenius said:

Can I ask why procedural is favored is it the time to maintain the fixed and update with each release 

I can't speak for others, but I will give you my opinion on this topic. I started to use procedural wings from day when it was available to public for the first time. I'm also a big fan of FAR mod. People that use stock aero physics probably will not see advantage of PW as much as FAR users, but there is also advantage for PW usage in stock aero too.

Stock wing parts(and similar fixed size wings from other mods) are good for me only for quick build certain craft types that looks similar in shape. Whenever I try to create craft and research other possibilities that require either wing shape or wing part size that is not available trough premade fixed sized wing part, I run into problem with part numbers, flexing wings, not enough/too much struts to conpensate this, necessary part cliping that not only add to unwanted weight, but also looks ugly and somehow I never can combine fixed wing parts in the shape that I need for my craft at given moment.

Shape of wing is of much more importance with FAR due to area ruling drag calculation than stock aero, but even for stock aero wing shape is not something to ignore. So, my main reasons why to use PW over fixed size parts:

• overall part numbers can be significantly reduced in editor, you will not need any other wing parts than PW when you learn how to use it properly - helps to reduce memory usage, so you can use more other nice mods available
  • you can create craft of the same shape and size with much less parts than with fixed size parts
  • you can create wing in almost exact shape and size as you want them
  • B9PW can hold fuel - only some stock wing parts can hold fuel and only some wing parts from other mods
  • aesthetic reasons - you can create more pretty craft - not of highest importance, but not something to ignore either
  • most important thing for me - with ability to create wing of desired shape and size you can significantly reduce drag and create with much better lift too - overall wing lift/drag ratio can be raised to new level