[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

B9, Blowfish, would it be ok if I posted my .90 copy of the B9 mod? I've still got a .90 install saved on my PC, with all the relevant attached mods--if I get your blessing I'll do it, but if you put the nix on it I won't. I don't want to step on any toes, legal or otherwise, so just let me know what's allowed and I'll go with that. Thanks :)

I don't see a problem, but how is it different from the still-available 5.2.8 release?

Hi, it will be possible to use Interstellar Fuel Switch if present instead of Firespitter for resources inside the tanks? This will allow to create planes and spaceplanes with a bunch of other realistic propellant, and to use Interstellar Extended to create marvelous spaceplanes as in the past.

Hi, it will be possible to use Interstellar Fuel Switch if present instead of Firespitter for resources inside the tanks? This will allow to create planes and spaceplanes with a bunch of other realistic propellant, and to use Interstellar Extended to create marvelous spaceplanes as in the past.

I'm in the process of developing a new plugin to handle mesh, resource, and node switching. Unlike Firespitter and interstellar, it will easily allow you to create additional resource variants using short MM patches, and tank density, mass, and cost will be defined globally rather than per-tank (of course specific variants can still have their own added cost and mass).

What are you guys currently working on? I check everyday hoping you change the 0.90 to 1.0.4!

Oh gosh, I know right? I've been checking on it for several months now, watching... waiting...

But with patience comes reward I guess, I'm willing to wait for this mod.

I'm in the process of developing a new plugin to handle mesh, resource, and node switching. Unlike Firespitter and interstellar, it will easily allow you to create additional resource variants using short MM patches, and tank density, mass, and cost will be defined globally rather than per-tank (of course specific variants can still have their own added cost and mass).

If Firespitter or interstellar fuel switch do not match your needs, then, proly, Modular Fuel Tanks might be your choice?

What are you guys currently working on? I check everyday hoping you change the 0.90 to 1.0.4!

I'm currently dealing with a new job and moving. If you want it to go faster, go update the temperature stats on all the fuselage parts. In fact, if someone does that, I can commit to having something release-ready within 72 hours afterword. An actual release depends on contacting bac9.

If Firespitter or interstellar fuel switch do not match your needs, then, proly, Modular Fuel Tanks might be your choice?

Well MFT doesn't really do what I'm looking for either. And anyway, I already have the plugin mostly functional - just some bugs and refactoring to work out at this point. It won't make it into the next release but soonâ„¢

In other news, I discovered that FAR and FSmeshSwitch don't communicate, so the hangar openings on the HX parts don't actually affect drag. This is something I'm going to look at addressing in the new plugin though, so having the hangar shields around is still desirable, and they may even make it into the next release.

Quick question:

Do the air brakes work in the maintenance port yet? Last time I downloaded they were not fixed and I haven't seen much news on them. If I missed it, then great, I have working air brakes now! If they still haven't been fixed, no rush.

Nope. As mentioned a few pages ago, there's an undetermined issue preventing them from working with the new airbrake system (FSairbrake being broken now).

Is it just me or the big airplane wings (I mean those really big, with red tips, I think - can't remember the name) have little to no lift? Anytime I build a plane I can manage to align the CoL and CoM with those wings, but as soon as I add anything to the plane tail, the CoL goes all the way back.

I can post some pictures later to better show what I mean.

edit: I'm using FAR.

Edited by PCanas

waiting impartially for the 1.0.4 update so we can make only 1 download and even the brakes work!!

LOVE this mod, especially the pods and its IVA

yes I think they get it now. you are enthusiastic and love the mod. So unless you are enthusiastic enough to learn modding and help update(blowfish said the fuesalages need to be reconfig'd to the new heating if any one wanted to help for example) you can stop bumping the thread like this now.

If you want it to go faster, go update the temperature stats on all the fuselage parts.

I'm vaguely in a position to take a look at this over the next day or so. I can definitely spend some time updating all the max temperatures to match stock, but would all the emissivities/thermal conductivities etc. also need inserting? I can't find anything to do with those in the stock fuel tank part cfg files, so I assume they've all got a default value picked up somewhere else.

yes I think they get it now. you are enthusiastic and love the mod. So unless you are enthusiastic enough to learn modding and help update(blowfish said the fuesalages need to be reconfig'd to the new heating if any one wanted to help for example) you can stop bumping the thread like this now.

I have 0 experience in modding, but how is that done? Config file editing?

I have 0 experience in modding, but how is that done? Config file editing?

Each part has a config file. Explore the folders you've been installing to run mods and you will find them. If you have never seen your game data folder because you are using CKAN then stop right now and get rid of it. It makes you soft and helpless. Relatively up to date documentation on config files and what it all does can be found here. But I find the most effective way to learn to mod is to look at examples of working parts and to experiment.