[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

Each part has a config file. Explore the folders you've been installing to run mods and you will find them. If you have never seen your game data folder because you are using CKAN then stop right now and get rid of it. It makes you soft and helpless. Relatively up to date documentation on config files and what it all does can be found here. But I find the most effective way to learn to mod is to look at examples of working parts and to experiment.

I usually add mods directly in the Game Data folder, so I'm somewhat familiar with the way it works. I'll try to find out what parameter should be updated and I'll try to do it ;)

Is it possible to make them like doors/hatches?

BTW, I'm willing to give it a try in updating the heating in the fuselages (I think this is one of the things missing) but I have no idea what to change in the config, and how to change (i.e. the math).

Is it possible to make them like doors/hatches?

It's certainly possible within KSP's capabilities, but it would require a lot of changes to the models. Do you have a use case in mind for this, in any case? I'm having trouble imagining a scenario where you'd actually want to re-enter the atmosphere with an HX ship.

BTW, I'm willing to give it a try in updating the heating in the fuselages (I think this is one of the things missing) but I have no idea what to change in the config, and how to change (i.e. the math).

There's no math involved, it's just changing maxTemp in the config file. And it's mostly just the fuselage parts I'm worried about (Mk1, Mk2, HL). Where relevant, you can just change maxTemp from 2000 to 2300. Don't worry about the cockpits as I've already taken care of those.

Blowfish, I can upgrade all the temp this evening. Can I make directly a Pull request on Githup then or I can share the files somewhat else?

Either way works :) A pull request is easier for me (and note that it's Bitbucket, not Github), but if it's easier for you, just raw files work too.

You wouldn't, and yet a ton of people will still want to do it ;):P

Well we can't please everyone! :D Then if we started trying we'd have even more posts demanding a new release D: you just can't win :P

It's certainly possible within KSP's capabilities, but it would require a lot of changes to the models. Do you have a use case in mind for this, in any case? I'm having trouble imagining a scenario where you'd actually want to re-enter the atmosphere with an HX ship.

I once tryed to build a huge interplanetary ship with HX parts. It would have at least one hangar to dock a shuttle-like ship. I built the hangar, with opening doors, but had to use the HX "caps" and Infernal Robotics.

Or maybe big drop pods or something like that.

So yeah, I would have a use for it ;)

But I understand the work it takes to change all that for a piece/feature that might not be that useful.

What's left to do? If it's still just MM temp changes, I might be able to help...

Update: Downladed latest. I'm just doing a blanket change to 2400* for every spaceplane part.

Update: Done. Running to see if it works.... now.

Edited by Kagame

Thanks, Nansuchao. Changes have been committed (with some modifications), and now the 72 hour clock begins: within that time period, I will have a product which is, to my knowledge, ready for release. Of course, getting an actual release done will require bac9 to be around, so that might take longer.

- - - Updated - - -

The HX parts have now been moved to their own folder, and the wings and landing gear have been moved to a legacy folder (per discussions with bac9).

Since I have a bit of time, I'm going to see if I can get the airbrakes working. No guarantees though.

If anyone has any outstanding issues they'd like to report, now would be the time.

I'm seriously mystified as to what's going on with the airbrakes. I've gotten them to work ... about half the time. About half of them just refuse to deploy, and don't create any drag.

screenshot12_zps77zzn4yl.png

If anyone has insights into what's going on, I sure would be grateful to hear them.

Trouble! I downloaded the latest version from bitbucket, and now the HX parts show nowhere!

I extracted the mod to root folder of KSP just like what I did to the previous version (which worked fine).

Also, I noticed that models of HX parts are directed to B9_Aerospace folder instead of B9_Aerospace_HX(!), so I moved "Parts" to the former one once and it didn't work.

Besides, I changed .cfg model directory of several HX parts to B9_Aerospace_HX and still nothing happened.

P.S., I deleted all cache files before everytime I tried.

Trouble! I downloaded the latest version from bitbucket, and now the HX parts show nowhere!

I extracted the mod to root folder of KSP just like what I did to the previous version (which worked fine).

Also, I noticed that models of HX parts are directed to B9_Aerospace folder instead of B9_Aerospace_HX(!), so I moved "Parts" to the former one once and it didn't work.

Besides, I changed .cfg model directory of several HX parts to B9_Aerospace_HX and still nothing happened.

P.S., I deleted all cache files before everytime I tried.

That might be the problem. Mods are supposed to be placed in KSP/Game Data ;)

Since I have made no progress on figuring out the airbrakes I've moved them to a new "broken" folder. I've made all the other changes I wanted to make. If no one reports any issues within the next 48 hours I'll provide usable downloads on Saturday.