[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

Well I re-downloaded the dll, and you were right, it fixed everything! Thanks!

(Still don't understand why it started glitching up in the first place, or how one is supposed to know when the dll has been updated, but oh well).

Somebody generally posts to the Firespitter thread when a new version of the plugin gets committed, but that can be hard to find if you aren't right there when it's posted. Once you know that the plugin at https://github.com/snjo/Firespitter/tree/master/For%20release/Firespitter/Plugins is newer than what's in the package, the best I know to do from there is to manually look at when Github says the file was last updated.

Hi folks,

I have been using B9 since v5.2.6 (and updated today to 5.2.8), and have been having an issue on and off since I first started using B9. It's still happening under 5.2.8.

Whenever I try to use one of those really big supersonic air intakes, it refuses to attach to any aircraft I have built, and then it makes that "part attached" sound, but the part is invisible, but the vessel CoM and CoL indicators change as if the part is attached. It's hard to explain. Anyway, after that, the KSP UI does weird stuff (buttons not working, part images blanked out, the vessel name area is removed from the toolbar, no new parts can be added to the vessel, etc.) and basically the only way I can do anything is to force-quit KSP entirely (the new/save/load/quit buttons don't even work).

The issue only ever occurs when using B9 intakes.

My logs are available at https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4446393/logs.zip

I haven't been able to get a screenshot of the issue.

I use the following mods (not sure how relevant, but whatever... I updated them all today as well):

Blizzy's Toolbar

Active Texture Management

B9 Aerospace

Better Buoyancy

Contract Configurator

Custom Biomes

Deadly Re-entry

FAR

Fusebox

Kerbal Attachment System

Kerbal Engineer

KSP AVC

MechJeb

Mission Controller

Navyfish's Docking Port Alignment Indicator

Procedural Fairings

RCS Build Aid

Real Chute

RemoteTech

SCANSat

Stage Recovery

TAC Fuel Balancer

Tweak Scale

Kerbal Alarm Clock

KSP Interstellar

Module Manager v2.5.8

Can anyone suggest how to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance!

The idea is to launch smaller chunks of a larger ship to be assembled with docking ports - not that every part is launched individually.

I understand that, it's the "docking ports" part that concerns/annoys me, aren't they..not that secure under stress? and the few docking ports I've seen look silly in the middle of a ship, giving it a gap (however small) right in the middle of the fuselage

I understand that, it's the "docking ports" part that concerns/annoys me, aren't they..not that secure under stress? and the few docking ports I've seen look silly in the middle of a ship, giving it a gap (however small) right in the middle of the fuselage

It looks fine to me (old images but result should be similar). If you're worried about connection strength get Kerbal Joint Reenforcement. And if none of that works for you you can of course try to do the whole thing in one launch...

Snoman314 had the same problem on the last page. It _may_ be caused by an outdated Firespitter plugin. Are the mesh/fuel switch options working properly?

Yep, mesh/fuel switch options working properly. I even used the link you post for Snoman314 and download a new Firespitter dll. Same result, still stuck with IVA in editor.

Snoman314 had the same problem on the last page. It _may_ be caused by an outdated Firespitter plugin. Are the mesh/fuel switch options working properly?

Yeah I re-downloaded the firespitter dll and it started working fine again. Apparently the Firespitter dll gets updated without any notification, version numbers or changelogs getting posted (that I could find). But if you re-download from the source you'll likely get a different file. (When I re-downloaded the dll it was a different size file from the one I downloaded approx 3 weeks ago. This despite the latest announced version dating to September last year).

Is there a way to fix it ?

Not that I'm aware of, just gotta wait for it to be updated, I guess. The only thing I can suggest is to remove all non IR configs for TweakScale or/manually creating new parts at different scales a la old Infernal Robotics and removing TweakScale.

Anybody know of a mod with good heavylifter engines like the ones in B9? While I wait for this to get fixed. :P

SpaceY and KWRocketry?

Yeah I re-downloaded the firespitter dll and it started working fine again. Apparently the Firespitter dll gets updated without any notification, version numbers or changelogs getting posted (that I could find). But if you re-download from the source you'll likely get a different file. (When I re-downloaded the dll it was a different size file from the one I downloaded approx 3 weeks ago. This despite the latest announced version dating to September last year).

Just in case I download something wrong, can you send me the firespitter dll you have?

NavyFish update his Docking Port Alignement indicator mod for RPM. I made a MM-config patch. Maybe the devs can (and are free to) include this in their next release ;) I put this in Utilities menu

Although some original files need to be overwritten. Backup!

{
@MODULE[RasterPropMonitor]
{
@PAGE[menuUtilties]
{
@CONTEXTREDIRECT
{
redirect = btn3, DPAI
}
}
@PAGE[pluginEngineIgnitor]
{
@CONTEXTREDIRECT
{
redirect = btn3, DPAI
}
}
@PAGE[smartass]
{
@CONTEXTREDIRECT
{
redirect = btn3, DPAI
}
}
PAGE
{
name = DPAI
text = DPAI not installed.
textureURL = JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Library/Textures/bg01
disableSwitchingTo = btn1, btn2, btn3, btn4, btn5, btn6, btn7, btn8, btn9, btn10, up, down, enter, escape, home
PAGEHANDLER
{
name = DPAI_RPM
method = getPageText
buttonUp = 0
buttonDown = 1
buttonEnter = 2
buttonEsc = 3
buttonHome = 4
buttonRight = 5
buttonLeft = 6
buttonNext = 7
buttonPrev = 8
multiHandler = true
}
BACKGROUNDHANDLER
{
name = DPAI_RPM
method = DrawDPAI
buttonClickMethod = ButtonProcessor
pageActiveMethod = pageActiveMethod
multiHandler = true
}
CONTEXTREDIRECT
{
redirect = btn1, pluginEngineIgnitor
redirect = btn2, smartass
redirect = home, menuDefault
}
}
}
}
@PROP[B9RPMMFD]

[@y7][@x-640] [@x-128]

[@y-2][@x-640] [@x-128]

Utilities

[@y-12][@x-640] [@x-128]

[@y5][@x-640] [@x-128]BACK

[#ffffff][@y-4][@x-640]PWR[@x-128] HOME

[@x0] ENG [@x0] AUTO [@x7] DPAI [@x2] [@x18] [@x23]

[@x0] FLT [@x8] NAV INFO [@x8] UTL [@x15] CAM [@x20] TGT [@x5]

[@x0] ENG [@x0] AUTO [@x7] DPAI [@x2] [@x18] [@x23]

bw9Mg8Y.jpg

can someone make a giant craft where it goes a certain size (hopefully a box, if not you might be able to use lll) cocpit, then a smaller walkway, then a hangar the same hight as the cocpit but twice as wide, with 2 box engines.

I need some help, when I first installed b9 5.2.8, when i spawned b9 ships on the runway, it didn't show the crew in the bottom right hand corner and I wasn't able to start the engines. So I looked it up, and i saw to try and do it completely through winrar or 7-zip, both of those didn't work, what happened from that was,the crew and the engine was fine, but the wheels seemed to lock up and have like a little graphical glitch. All stock parts from squad worked fine. I deleted the programmed B9 folder in atm and had it make a new one when i started up the game, i did not alter the mod files in any way, i just merged the two gamedata folders. PLEASE HELP, I really love this mod.