[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

I have a few issues. This mod is very great and Iove it, but I want some things fixed. The added engines don't have plumes for some reason and I would like it if you returned the solar panel sizes to stock, as I don't like seeing them being so small.

14 minutes ago, Antonio432 said:

I have a few issues. This mod is very great and Iove it, but I want some things fixed. The added engines don't have plumes for some reason and I would like it if you returned the solar panel sizes to stock, as I don't like seeing them being so small.

Anything else Mr. President?

3 hours ago, Krux said:

Anything else Mr. President?

I'm sorry if I was harsh or anything. It might be a bug on my side that i didn't install it properly so i get no engine plumes. And the solarpanel thing is just cosmetic so I guess it could be unchanged, if I don't like it I can probably move the part files of the mod. 

20 hours ago, Antonio432 said:

I'm sorry if I was harsh or anything. It might be a bug on my side that i didn't install it properly so i get no engine plumes. And the solarpanel thing is just cosmetic so I guess it could be unchanged, if I don't like it I can probably move the part files of the mod. 

If you're still having issues, you may want to post a list of mods you're currently using, this way we can see if anything's conflicting. One other thing that you can try is installing the mod "HotRockets" or "RealPlume" to see if you're able to get those plumes to work.

Also, you said you'd like to see the solar panels reverted to their original size. Could you post a picture of what they look like in your install? The reason I say this is because, after playing this for wayyy to long, I see no difference in the panel's size. This mod adds a few different panel choices that compliment the stock panels. Now, if you're talking about the big, flat panel, it was added in via the official AstroidDay mod. If you don't have that mod installed, StockRevamp adds secondhand versions of those very parts from the AstroidDay mod until you install the official version.

My only complaint is that one of the added Rockomax engines lists "The glorious Rockomax Conglomerate" as the maker, and it's quite a chore to try to figure out what files to remove or change to rectify or remove this. Otherwise, I love the aesthetics.

Suggestion: if it's possible, with what you're doing here, I would like to see parts compartmentalized more. I remember several versions ago, I preferred certain original parts, so I kept those instead. With some other parts packs, I like to remove parts I don't use to save space. I'd like to be able to do that with this mod again. I don't know how feasible that would be, since I don't have any intimate knowledge of how Kerbal mods work in general, let alone this particular mod (which seems to be somewhat unique.) If this could be done, though, I think my few, very minor complaints about the mod would be completely fixed. Other than the Rockomax engine maker field issue (sorry if this isn't actually yours but from elsewhere, I believe it was your quad nuclear engine though, since I did a quick uninstall to check and couldn't find the offending engine) my only other "issue" is with the LFO Mk 1 fuselage, which is just a part I don't need due to Interstellar Fuel Switch and my general design choices. 

Like I said, I'm a big fan, I would just love the mod even more if a few minor things could be tweaked. I really don't care about extraneous parts as much as the maker field bug bothers me. This minor inconsistency somewhat ruins the otherwise very realistic feel of the mod, but only just. I imagine this is something that could very easily be fixed, but I have no idea where to go in the files to do so.

Edited by APaleHorse
adding a suggestion; didn't want to waste space with a new post

On 18.01.2016. at 7:29 PM, FiiZzioN said:

If you're still having issues, you may want to post a list of mods you're currently using, this way we can see if anything's conflicting. One other thing that you can try is installing the mod "HotRockets" or "RealPlume" to see if you're able to get those plumes to work.

Also, you said you'd like to see the solar panels reverted to their original size. Could you post a picture of what they look like in your install? The reason I say this is because, after playing this for wayyy to long, I see no difference in the panel's size. This mod adds a few different panel choices that compliment the stock panels. Now, if you're talking about the big, flat panel, it was added in via the official AstroidDay mod. If you don't have that mod installed, StockRevamp adds secondhand versions of those very parts from the AstroidDay mod until you install the official version.

I don't have a screenshot yet but the 3x2 panel got reduced to 3x1 size and the 1x6 got reduced to 1x3. And their colors changed to purple.  

21 hours ago, Antonio432 said:

I don't have a screenshot yet but the 3x2 panel got reduced to 3x1 size and the 1x6 got reduced to 1x3. And their colors changed to purple.  

Most of the stock panels are still there, but yes, they have been altered. The picture below are all of the stock panels plus the Stock Revamp altered ones. Also, the panel texturing was Ven's choice I think, but don't quote me on that one. I currently have the older blue textures installed because they go much better with Nerta's NearFuture Solar pack. 

If you want older blue textures back, I can send you a PM with a download link and instructions on where to place them if you'd like. I'm sorry that the panels have been altered, but, personally, I find these much better than the unaltered panels. To each his / her own.

Stock + Stock Revamp panels with the older blue textures:

LFWsfxW.png

Edited by FiiZzioN

22 hours ago, Antonio432 said:

The sizes are just how they are divided.  They're still roughly the same dimensions and their EC output has not been altered.

@Ven Could you fix the angled Vector smoke trail in the next update? Its really annoying and it [REDACTED]s up the immersion and also fix the Science Jr radial attachment issue. Anyway I love this mod and the effort you put into it. Btw can you take a few part suggestions I made for this great mod?

1. A 1.25m airlock with two individually toggleable doors; one on the inside and one on the outside

2. 1.25m Inflatable centrifuge (spins for fun/immersion)

3. 3.75m heavy orbital habitat 

4. IVAs for the KerbCan and Kerbal Safety Bubble

5. More monopropellant engines

Edited by AJTheMighty

20 hours ago, FiiZzioN said:

Most of the stock panels are still there, but yes, they have been altered. The picture below are all of the stock panels plus the Stock Revamp altered ones. Also, the panel texturing was Ven's choice I think, but don't quote me on that one. I currently have the older blue textures installed because they go much better with Nerta's NearFuture Solar pack. 

If you want older blue textures back, I can send you a PM with a download link and instructions on where to place them if you'd like. I'm sorry that the panels have been altered, but, personally, I find these much better than the unaltered panels. To each his / her own.

Stock + Stock Revamp panels with the older blue textures:

LFWsfxW.png

Ok, I guess it's  fine. I can stick with the new purple colors since I have alot of parts pack with blue solar panels so I won't need the old file now.

18 hours ago, AJTheMighty said:

Could you fix the angled Vector smoke trail in the next update? Its really annoying and it [REDACTED]s up the immersion and also fix the Science Jr radial attachment issue. Anyway I love this mod and the effort you put into it. Btw can you take a few part suggestions I made for this great mod?

Here's the Science Jr fix. It'll be added officially in the next update. Instructions on what to do are included in the post, enjoy!

18 hours ago, AJTheMighty said:

@Ven Could you fix the angled Vector smoke trail in the next update? Its really annoying and it [REDACTED]s up the immersion and also fix the Science Jr radial attachment issue. Anyway I love this mod and the effort you put into it. Btw can you take a few part suggestions I made for this great mod?

1. A 1.25m airlock with two individually toggleable doors; one on the inside and one on the outside

2. 1.25m Inflatable centrifuge (spins for fun/immersion)

3. 3.75m heavy orbital habitat 

4. IVAs for the KerbCan and Kerbal Safety Bubble

5. More monopropellant engines

Could have sworn the vector bug got fixed...hmmmm

Also, for number 1,

Look at the third album

Edited by MrMeeb

4 hours ago, BRPrime said:

When game with DirectX it happens. (-force-d3d11)

(Snipped to save space.)

Seems you're having the same issue (#68) that @NathanKell was or may still be having. When running KSP with no startup parameters or, IIRC, OpenGL as well, you don't get this issue. Sadly, I don't have the knowledge, skill, or required programs / items needed to make parts, so I have no idea what could be causing these problems. Now, if you need something accomplished via MM or with config files, that's my forte, if you will :sticktongue:.

The one good thing about this, though, is that this particular bug has no negative effect on gameplay other than immersion. Shoot, I don't even know if I'd go that far with it seeing as how you might see them for 5 - 10 seconds before they're out of sight, if that.

Edited by FiiZzioN
Should have listened to my 5th grade teacher when she said people should proof-read.

34 minutes ago, RYU AZUKU99 said:

Some of the engines dont have effects, anyone have a fix yet? So far have found no help.

Sorry, but you've provided basically zero information about what could be causing your issue.  Please follow the first link in my signature about how to get support.  Come back with logs and a list of installed mods and maybe we can work through it.

37 minutes ago, blowfish said:

Sorry, but you've provided basically zero information about what could be causing your issue.  Please follow the first link in my signature about how to get support.  Come back with logs and a list of installed mods and maybe we can work through it.

Sorry, but one of the engines i'm having troubles with is the Bollard (RE-D7) engine. It has absolutely no engine effects but has engine sounds.

29 minutes ago, RYU AZUKU99 said:

Sorry, but one of the engines i'm having troubles with is the Bollard (RE-D7) engine. It has absolutely no engine effects but has engine sounds.

Again, please provide logs and a full mod list.  There's no way to debug your issue without those.

Ven could I make some part suggestions?

- Mk1 pod LES

- I'd also like to recommend an electrical wiring part like the fuel lines for our electrical parts. I don't really care about functionality so much as aesthetics, it looks more real if we had electrical wires from our more distant solar panels to our intended core modules.  

- Mk3 part revamp.  

This mod should be stock. I've said it many times before but this is how the game parts should look like. 

Suggestion: use old jet engine models from previous versions to create more jet engine variety. For example, here are small 0.625m afterburning turbofans made from old Turbojet. They really fill in the gap of an engine for small fighter.

12631039_843130072476326_811695907_o.jpg

Edited by sashan

On 02/12/2015 at 1:54 AM, ZobrAA said:

You are definitely use an old version, not the 1.9.0. Because in 1.9.0 there are no GameData\VenStockRevamp\PathPatches\ directory any more...

Did you download latest repository build via "Download ZIP" button here: https://github.com/VenVen/Stock-Revamp ?

I want to raise this issue again. I'm definitely using 1.9.1, and the smallest, pointy nose cone is still missing from the game. I'm also not sure what ZobrAA meant, because the PathPatches directory is still there in 1.9.1.

Could it be that the Autopruner files distributed with previous versions (1.8.1 most recently) are no longer compatible?

Edited by gerishnakov

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.