[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

I believe the cost of fuel is separate from the cost listed in the config of a fuel tank after all the resource.cfg defines the resource's cost per unit it wouldn't need to do that if that cost was part of the cost listed in a fuel tanks config

No, for some reason, Squad decided to have the cost in the config be the wet cost. Easily verifiable yourself - put one fuel tank down, empty it, check the cost then look at the cfg for it. The config price includes the fuel. This also means that adding fuel to part and not changing the cost makes it the same price in the cfg and editor as another identical-except-for-the-fuel part. Removing the fuel from it actually makes it cheaper (because the cfg cost originally encompasses everything the part already is. If you remove stuff, you lower the cost).

Edited by ObsessedWithKSP

I believe the cost of fuel is separate from the cost listed in the config of a fuel tank after all the resource.cfg defines the resource's cost per unit it wouldn't need to do that if that cost was part of the cost listed in a fuel tanks config

It would make sense for it to be like that (since that's exactly how mass is worked out, dry mass is defined, resource mass is added on), but it's implemented the nonsensical way. Wet cost is defined and then resource cost is deducted when you tweak the amount down. So if you add LFO to an engine you have to increase the defined cost as well.

Out of curiosity, if someone purely hypothetically speaking were to push his game to the absolute limit with mods RAM wise, copying the "Squad" folder in GameData/VenStockRevamp over the regular one would replace all the textures without loss of function or double textures anywhere, right?

Out of curiosity, if someone purely hypothetically speaking were to push his game to the absolute limit with mods RAM wise, copying the "Squad" folder in GameData/VenStockRevamp over the regular one would replace all the textures without loss of function or double textures anywhere, right?

No, it's not a direct match. Parts and textures are mixed up so it won't properly do it. It also doesn't replace them all. And it loads squad's anyway I believe, but you can delete some one by one.

Meh, I had hoped to avoid that. But deleting textures of parts that are covered by this mod should do the job then. Though then you have mods referencing some of those textures here and there so that might not be that great either...

Meh, I had hoped to avoid that. But deleting textures of parts that are covered by this mod should do the job then. Though then you have mods referencing some of those textures here and there so that might not be that great either...

Assuming you ran the batch file, the unused squad assets are renamed with an extension the game won't load.

Assuming you ran the batch file, the unused squad assets are renamed with an extension the game won't load.

I never knew there was such a thing! Having installed via CKAN this escaped me, thanks alot :)

Which batch file is that? I don't see it anywhere.

Found it on github; its the VSR_prune.bat or .sh files, depending on your OS.

Quick question: Is the nuclear Poodle a 0.625 m engine or a 1.25 one? I might have messed something up with my modifications.

Edit:

What happened to radial LV-1R engine? Seems like it has wrong thrust direction.

http://s8.postimg.org/ez5308ma9/screenshot2.jpg

http://s9.postimg.org/egug88nzv/screenshot4.jpg

Just want to also confirm that this is happening with me too. While I did some modification, I don't think I touched the LV-1R yet.

Edited by RainDreamer

Just want to also confirm that this is happening with me too. While I did some modification, I don't think I touched the LV-1R yet.

cfg for this engine seems to be same to stock, maybe trouble is in modded model or something?

P.S. Is there any chance of 1xY and 2xY (stock) solar panels mass getting fixed? They're all the same despite of different efficiency, which kinda doesn't make sense.

The bat file doesn't really work, by the way. All the paths seem to be incorrect from my experience.

Edit: Ignore this. I didn't install it in the right place.

Edited by Zeenobit

Is there a list of which parts go to which part files anywhere? I'm trying to remove all the added non-stock parts but in swimming through all the redone goodies I can't pin the added to the not-added. I wish there was a separate folder for "extras". Or at least a list of which part goes to which file name. :P Great work on everything btw! I can confirm that these work with Astronomers pack and I think hotrockets in v0.90 (which I had to swim through posts to get working thank you ;)).

Is there a list of which parts go to which part files anywhere? I'm trying to remove all the added non-stock parts but in swimming through all the redone goodies I can't pin the added to the not-added. I wish there was a separate folder for "extras". Or at least a list of which part goes to which file name. :P Great work on everything btw!

Go to the Github download for this mod and download it. Inside is a batch file you put in your root KSP folder, not Gamedata, and it will rename all the replaced textures in the Squad folder to something that won't get loaded to save the ram. Ends up being about 50-75mb I think.

Go to the Github download for this mod and download it. Inside is a batch file you put in your root KSP folder, not Gamedata, and it will rename all the replaced textures in the Squad folder to something that won't get loaded to save the ram. Ends up being about 50-75mb I think.

That's not what I was worried about though, but saving RAM is always good so I think I'll go and do that. Thanks!

What I am looking for is a list of the added non-stock part files so I can remove/rename them. I like easily seeing what is stock and what isn't.

OH! One other question. In the parachute "Mk16-XLLP", what does "LP" stand for?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.