[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

Okay, here's what I've figured out so far:

• The texture errors are harmless. They're on models that aren't used anymore and Ven probably just forgot to delete them.
  • The Skipper B model should be there. It's also harmless, since that part isn't actually used, but I have no idea why it wouldn't exist in your install.
  • Decoupler - again no idea. This should be correct in 1.8.1, not sure why it would be broken in yours.

Hope that helps. I would recommend getting 1.8.1 fresh from Github. Or better yet, download the latest version of the repository, which has a bunch of fixes and tweaks post 1.8.1.

Just curious to know if people are regularly using the latest commit off the master branch on GitHub or are sticking with the official latest release from May for their typical installs?

I use the dev build, but prune out a lot of the plane parts and use the stock models for those. Never was a fan of the red control surfaces, and the cockpits.

Edited by Alshain

I would but the parachute bug with the radial attached ones still happens to me. The blue radial one just doesn't work but hangs in a straight line in the angle it is attached on the surface resulting in not breaking at all. No one has this bug too?

Switched to dev build, and this was one of the first problems I noticed after playing with it for a number of hours.

Checking out the repo shows a drastic change to the parachute drag values about a month ago. Link here.

Edit: I removed the drag changes in that commit and issue still occurred. I wish I had stuck with the old release or just stock now. Hours into the current save and I just now noticed this issue.

Edit 2: I've tried several things: removed the model, scale to force stock values, removed the drag changes, etc. Saw there was a duplicate "@PART[parachuteRadial]" in the file, removed that. Removed any mod that would potential change the chutes (TweakScale, Tweakable Everything, Stock Bug Fix Modules). Still nothing.

Link to photo showing that all the parachutes but the Mk2-R is working: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pcdwpnw50ua0p65/screenshot3.png?dl=0

Edited by stevehead

Yeah, this pack needs a major update for 1.0.5, or rather it needs a major TRIMMING of parts, because a lot of things in the game have now been updated to look much better than they did before. I've been trying to go through the configs in the VenStockRevamp folder, but things aren't separated out into discrete files where you can just delete what you don't want. A lot of parts are buried in a ModuleManager config for the config changes, and then the models and textures are over in a totally different folder, again organized in a way that makes it quite difficult to figure out what to delete and what to keep. But, I don't hold out much hope for this mod to be updated, Ven hasn't really done much with this for quite a while. :(

Yeah, this pack needs a major update for 1.0.5, or rather it needs a major TRIMMING of parts, because a lot of things in the game have now been updated to look much better than they did before. I've been trying to go through the configs in the VenStockRevamp folder, but things aren't separated out into discrete files where you can just delete what you don't want. A lot of parts are buried in a ModuleManager config for the config changes, and then the models and textures are over in a totally different folder, again organized in a way that makes it quite difficult to figure out what to delete and what to keep. But, I don't hold out much hope for this mod to be updated, Ven hasn't really done much with this for quite a while. :(

Wow seriously he last updated a month ago if that is quite some time you are obviously quite young. He does this for free in his free time. He make the parts in his style not just to make them look better. I see no reason he has to go out of his way for people who just criticize in a non constructive manner such as that, but hey Ven probably a better guy than me. You spend your time to get what you want from the free mod he made for you I am sure you have more than you know what to do with if you have the time to complain. /rant

Ven can't wait to see what new surprise you will have for us when you do update. :)

If you looked through this thread he's explained several times how to delete things you don't want. As far as this mod never being updated, he's continued to post in-progress images to his imgur profile, so I don't know what you want. Mods are made by passionate people who want to improve the games they love, and modders distribute this stuff for free. Take a step back and realize that modders are people too, and everyone's real life takes precedence over their virtual one.

Ven: Hope you're well, buddy. Also, that 2.5m nuclear cluster is awesome! :)

If you looked through this thread he's explained several times how to delete things you don't want. As far as this mod never being updated, he's continued to post in-progress images to his imgur profile, so I don't know what you want. Mods are made by passionate people who want to improve the games they love, and modders distribute this stuff for free. Take a step back and realize that modders are people too, and everyone's real life takes precedence over their virtual one.

Ven: Hope you're well, buddy. Also, that 2.5m nuclear cluster is awesome! :)

Or...:confused:He's been hire by Squad to revamp the rocket parts for 1.1. I can only dream! :D

I had to trim out the small radial solar panel part as it was not working in space. Very odd as it worked fine on the launch pad. During launch the sun exposure decreased going up through the atmosphere (i.e. opposite from normal). I was able to leave the TRReflection effect on it.

This was a case of no good luck using Linux by the way.

Edited by Kaa253

[quote name='Svm420']Wow seriously he last updated a month ago if that is quite some time you are obviously quite young. He does this for free in his free time. He make the parts in his style not just to make them look better. I see no reason he has to go out of his way for people who just criticize in a non constructive manner such as that, but hey Ven probably a better guy than me. You spend your time to get what you want from the free mod he made for you I am sure you have more than you know what to do with if you have the time to complain. /rant

Ven can't wait to see what new surprise you will have for us when you do update. :)[/QUOTE]

Can you link the info on how to delete individual textures? I've been searching for forever and haven't been able to figure it out. :( There are a few of the new textures that I'd like to be able to use such as the new inline intake and the mk1 cockpit, but still keep the rest of Ven's gorgeous parts.
Cheers

Oops, I quoted the wrong post. apologies for my noobiness... :sticktongue:[quote name='Captain Planet']If you looked through this thread he's explained several times how to delete things you don't want. As far as this mod never being updated, he's continued to post in-progress images to his imgur profile, so I don't know what you want. Mods are made by passionate people who want to improve the games they love, and modders distribute this stuff for free. Take a step back and realize that modders are people too, and everyone's real life takes precedence over their virtual one.

Ven: Hope you're well, buddy. Also, that 2.5m nuclear cluster is awesome! :)[/QUOTE]
Thats the one I wanted :D

I'm having some problems with the 2.5m service bay. It won't "open" in the editor, and after I installed the mod, the service bay on my space station is acting really messed up with it too. There is weird part clipping that is causing the station to wobble and is risking these parts just exploding to force them to detach.

If I use the 1.25m service bay and scale it up with TweakScale, it works just fine. Anyone else able to replicate this?

I've got an issue with the MK1 Cockpit : if a ship got one (and I put one on most of my ships...), the rocket become krakenish.

I tested with only a cockpit on the lauchpad : the camera shack as if in flight, surface speed show 175 m/s (and orbital speed 0 m/s), and after a few seconds the cockpit took off by itself O_O I think it may have a conflict with the new version of the cockpit in 1.0.5, but if no one else had notified it, it's weird.

(and I even can't delete the mod, all my sats have parts in them :/ )

EDIT : problem solved :) I deleted all the files related to the MK1 cockpit in the mod files and deleted the matching entries in the CFGs files, now the original cockpit is back and working :) Edited by Cassin

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.