[1.4.0] GCMonitor 1.4.8.0 - A graphic Memory monitor (Marsh 9th 2018)

sarbian

13 minutes ago, sarbian said:

You will notice that the version file set the compatible version to 1.1. Something need to be done on CKAN side. I ll see what I can do but I am at work ATM...

I`ve mentioned it in the CKAN thread, community resource pack also wants to overwrite the 1.0.5 install with a 1.1 one so I would imagine they will do some magic on their end, AFAIK there is a min version as well as a max version attribute that can be in the .netkan file

EDIT : After going to the CKAN thread users are being advised to stay away from updating via CKAN until 1.1 drops.

Edited by John FX

8 hours ago, sarbian said:

You will notice that the version file set the compatible version to 1.1. Something need to be done on CKAN side. I ll see what I can do but I am at work ATM...

No need. the CKAN team was already working on a solution before the problem appeared for most users. It was a minor problem that Squad introduced in the last patch and now have made worse in pre-release 1.1. The Readme.txt file says version 1.0.5. CKAN checks that first to establish what version of the mod to use.

Only the games BuildID now reflects the real version that CKAN should be checking. PR already raised here https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/pull/1645

I use & test GCMonitor-1.4.0.0 in 1.1 pre release 1174 & 1172 & i seen a problem minor one aka FPS is stuck on 25 or something, anything what it goo below that it will not report correctly, most easy to check this is Steam client > Setting > In-Game > In-Game FPS counter. I know is very possible Steam to report incorrectly to, but for sure i know in what test i do with my video card & my system game it will drop below 25

Game log are clean, no error, nothing to seen from GCMonitor mod, but if you want log i will add, no problem.
Ok here logs it sems there are some problem
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9RK2PFOUhe3ekI4di1za1l3ZHc/view?usp=sharing
Cheer & Salute

Edited by Blacks
Post Logs

hum. I changed the way I compute the FPS but I may have brought in the same bug that plague(d?) the stock FPS counter... I ll have a look, If I can manage to have ti slow down under 25fps...

to goo under 25 fps is easy ;):
1. EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements
2. StockVisualEnhancements v0.5.8 Ultra Resolution pack Nhawks1717
3 . Scatter
4. Take this 647 craft file (is stock craft part) https://kerbalx.com/Devthethird/Dev-Hyper-Heavy-Lifter-375t-563t

Problem solve fps it will drop ;)
But what was make me to post log's becouse i found in them error like this:

[ERR 12:53:10.933] The AssetBundle 'file://D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\GCMonitor\gcmonitor.ksp' can't be loaded because another AssetBundle with the same files are already loaded
you will see in logs more

KSP build id = 01183
GCMonitor 1.4.1.0

Confirm FPS counter problem FIX, work nominal now, noo more stack value on 25, glad you nail the problem, some small (100-400 Mb) inaccuracies as memory values but is fine

I know you was say to ignore this error but i just want to say is still there :)

Spoiler

[LOG 10:57:55.141] [GCMonitor] Killing Previous UI
[LOG 10:57:55.142] [GCMonitor] Asset bundles load
[LOG 10:57:55.144] [GCMonitor] True
[LOG 10:57:55.175] [GCMonitor] Asset bundles load
[LOG 10:57:55.176] [GCMonitor] True
[LOG 10:57:55.193] [GCMonitor] UIInit 1 defs
[LOG 10:57:55.194] [GCMonitor] UIInit GameObject Window
[LOG 10:57:55.194] [GCMonitor] Asset bundles Instantiate
[ERR 10:57:55.274] The AssetBundle 'file://D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\GCMonitor\gcmonitor.ksp' can't be loaded because another AssetBundle with the same files are already loaded
[ERR 10:57:55.275] AssetLoader: Bundle is null
[LOG 10:57:55.275] [GCMonitor] UIInit 1 defs
[LOG 10:57:55.276] [GCMonitor] Null def ??

Thx for great work & small suggestion for future when you will have time & if you will can to add % of GPU & CPU usage :) i ask for that coz for example yesterday  i seen game it use only 50-70% GPU when it was suppose to be in full load (i use GPU-Z apps atm build by TechPowerUP) , but how i say when you will have time :)

Cheer & Salute

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, smjjames said:

Is anybody else having problems with the button not showing up for blizzy's toolbar?

if you use Toolbar-1.7.11 some icon are remove completely from original place & they can be found only on blizzy toolbar at list that i see on few cases

Just now, Blacks said:

if you use Toolbar-1.7.11 some icon are remove completely from original place & they can be found only on blizzy toolbar at list that i see on few cases

I know, but it's not even showing up in Blizzy's Toolbar either.

I'm doing a sort of final kickoff for my old saves, so, I'm not doing any serious bugchecking atm.

6 minutes ago, smjjames said:

I know, but it's not even showing up in Blizzy's Toolbar either.

I'm doing a sort of final kickoff for my old saves, so, I'm not doing any serious bugchecking atm.

yup i can confirm that Blizz it remove completly but that is Blizz problem i think ...

Okay. I just wanted to confirm if other people were having the same issue or if it was just me somehow.

edit: Turns out the button isn't showing up at all, and neither is the one for the makeitsmaller mod. I'll have to investigate a bit later.

Edited by smjjames

Just now, Blacks said:

@smjjames i was check @sarbian site & i will quote from there:

#38 (Mar 30, 2016 6:43:14 AM)

Remove Toolbar support for now (commit: acbb01ddb9e8575e3d95b623d6f25120e6744594) — sarbian / githubweb

https://ksp.sarbian.com/jenkins/job/GCMonitor/changes

what it will explain little issue :)

I wasn't even using Blizzy's Toolbar when I checked, but if he removed the toolbar button temporarily, okay. Didn't realize he did.

well i was check if work with blizzy give you that replay ... in that time was doing million thing in same time, gmonitor for me is like default noo mater i doo & once i make 1 time setting i not care anymore :) i was know he was done something with toolbar but i was not sure > bad habit reading changelog < off course that was something what i was not care but when i seen you post agen you make me to double check :P anyway is minor issue :)

19 minutes ago, MerlinsMaster said:

Hey sarbian, have you considered making the display size adjustable.  It's way bigger now and it kind of blocks things from time to time.  

If the answer is no, then I will channel McCaunaghey and say "it be a lot cooler if you did..."

ALT+F1, hit the Config button. It would actually be a whole lot cooler if it were draggable.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.