The 0.25 Waiting Room, now boarding passengers heading to Hypetown

Rowsdower

What Hype Vehicle Would You Rather Ride In?  

735 members have voted

1. 1. What Hype Vehicle Would You Rather Ride In?

• Shuttle
    • Plane
    • Train
    • Other

AH0aV9Z.png

The Administration Facility

[table][tr][td]A new building at the KSC which will allow you to choose from a set of Strategies to boost certain areas of your space program, usually at the expense of another area. Start an Unpaid Internship Program to increase your Science gains at the cost of Reputation or take up an Open Source Technologies Initiative to boost your Reputation gains at the cost of decreased Science rewards. All of these combinations will be possible using Strategies, along with many more. Strategies are also fully mod-enabled, meaning new ones can be added very easily. Just keep in mind, however, you can only take up a limited amount of strategies at a time, so choose wisely.[/td][td]NCDke69.png[/td][/tr][/table]

New Mk.1 Space Plane Parts and the integration of SpacePlane+

[table][tr][td]Hugo worked hard to deliver new Mk.1 parts for the game while we reached an agreement with Porkjet to add his set of Mk.2 parts to the game. Part of an add-on called [thread=80796]SpacePlane+[/thread], they have been tweaked to fit the game style even better and will be integrated into 0.25. You can check out the SpacePlane+ thread to see what the non-integrated parts look like. You can also find several images of the new integrated parts that have already been showcased on Squadcast, the forum and other Squad-related channels.[/td][/tr][/table]

Accessibility improvements

[table][tr][td]We've improved the navball by adding markers to indicate the radial, anti-radial, normal and anti-normal vectors, providing a more accessible way of discovering how orbital mechanics work. Transferring Kerbals within a craft or station has been made easier by allowing players to do so without the need for the Kerbals to leave their capsules and fly around. A new button that will increase your thrust to 100% will be added. You'll find a button to return to the Space Center right underneath the Recovery option on top of the altimeter. Last but not least, the Space Center screen will allow you to see the craft and debris that's landed at the KSC and either recover or fly it.[/td][/tr][/table]

Difficulty Settings

[table][tr][td]We cooked up a much needed Difficulty Options panel, to allow you to set up the game to your liking. Does reverting flights make everything too easy? Try disabling that to see what playing with no room for error feels like. Are you constantly broke without cash to continue? Give yourself some extra boost off the start by increasing your starting Funds. The list of tweakable options goes on, but you get the idea.[/td][td]3WpPE4Y.png[/td][/tr][/table]

New Effects

[table][tr][td]A huge overhaul on particle effects results in much better-looking part explosions.[/td][/tr][/table]

The classified feature

[table][tr][td]You’ll have to wait for this one a bit longer. If we had our way, we would tell no one about it and just let you guys discover it through gameplay with hilarious results.[/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]

lOQVd5G.png

[/td][td]

Cr8Gken.png

[/td][/td][/tr]

[tr][td]It's been a growing tradition since 0.22: In the anticipation of a new release, a thread on the forums is dedicated to the hype that builds and builds and builds and... crashes on release. One thing we noticed in the run-up to the start of the 0.25 Hype while going over the old threads is that a lot of uncertainty about the announced features existed which then lead to misinformation and large amounts of confusion. We decided that an unofficially official thread like this one would give us more control over the information because it allows us to neatly list all the small and larger bits of public information about 0.25 in the first post. The goal of a thread like this is to allow people to converge and share their hype for a new version, so get hyped and get chatting![/td]

[td]This has been a discussion for a while now: which vehicle should be the mascot for this round of hype: train, plane or shuttle? We haven't decided yet so perhaps you can! Vote on your favorite mascot vehicle, discuss which one of them is the obvious best choice and why. Create drawings and crafts of what your vehicle would look like. Will we get a repeat of 0.24 and see trains or will the integration of Spaceplane Plus and the new parts be enough to sway the public opinion in the direction of having a hype plane or shuttle? Maybe it'll be something different entirely. It's up to you![/td][/tr][/table]

Finally! A PROPER HypeTrain thread.

KY4MWKi.jpg

The HypeTrain is bigger than KSP! It exists outside of it! Hype-Powered flight is impossible, anyway, and couldn't carry the thousands of passengers like the HypeTrain's 500 70-person Pullhypeman coaches can!

Here's the HypeLoco mechanical Q&A thread!

EDIT3: Lhathron the Elf has asked for official HypeEndorsement, and despite the fact that I normally don't enjoy mainstream music, It's so Hyped that I've adopted it as the official HypeEngine07 Playlist.

Official HypeTrain07 Playlist

https://play.spotify.com/user/stormcutter/playlist/0CgLgPT3of48xlVo4AVgUS?play=true

Incedentally:

EDIT:

NOW WITH QUADRUPLE-TRACK DRIFTING!

6QrZt2T.jpg

EDIT2:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

here's my HypeTrain07 replica in KSP. It's a magnificent sight! It even has a separate tender! Based on the proper LMS Stanier Black Five engine!

Here's the DL link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5rpvbe7hl7rxg8r/SPH.zip?dl=0

Just put the two .craft files into the SPH folder of your ships folder. You must dock the two crafts together separately by taking the Engine, moving it CAREFULLY off the runway, then loading the tender, then backing the engine up to the tender. The Engine seems to help with the not tipping on the sides of the runway, but you must go very slanted or the front and even the back will explode! This replica is very fragile!

EDIT4:

QUINTUPLETRACKDRIFT!!!!11!2!!!ONE!!!1

lvmUUJK.jpg

Edited by GregroxMun

How much are tickets for the Hype plane? I would like to compare prices with the Hype Train for the best deal.

Tickets for the HypeTrain are exactly One Cookie. HypePlane tickets are Eighty-Four thousand dollars, and you don't even get to fly! Hype-powered flight isn't possible, so you'd just get a rip-off RAPIER or Turbojet powered flight with Hype-powered Air Conditioning.

HypeTrain has super-non-hype air conditioning so that it doesn't get unbearably cold when there's a lot of Hype, but it always stays the perfect temperature even when we enter deep space or go into a star.

Edited by GregroxMun

Hype, hype, hype. It's not a word anymore, it's a way of life.

Hype train only train. Top r8 b8 m8. I took the b8 and voted hype train m8. I r8 it 8 of 8 m8. :D

ALTHOUGH the hype train is the original and unarguably the best form of hype transport, I think a hype plane would suit THIS UPDATE. ONLY THIS ONCE as SpacePlane+ is being added. Gregrox would you agree or disagree with this statement. Just this once!

Edited by Avera9eJoe

Last but not least, the Space Center screen will allow you to see the craft and debris that's landed at the KSC and either recover or fly it.

Wo'h, cool! Now everytime before I exit KSP, I'll just leave a ship on the launchpad for a quick starting launch! Thanks for that small but awesome feature!

Why choose?

Where we're going, we don't need choices...

http://images.mocpages.com/user_images/44949/1311321590m_SPLASH.jpg

YES! That's the HypeTrainEngine from 1885! (Or was it the HypeTrain from 2015?) It was the third HypeLoco! It's not actually Hype-powered flight though, but it's rail-movement is totally Hyped!

Based on the new parts being introduced this time around, I'd say the hype shuttle is the most appropriate vehicle. :cool:

But then, it doesn't roll off the tongue like hypetrain or hypeplane...

okay, okay, I understand your love of the one original. I am not suggesting a new breadwinner- you can't change the predecessor.

but before you instantly reject the hypeplane- calling it delusional, substituting the train,

logically dismantle why not to have the hype plane- without just saying 'because trains are better'

after all, it is more thematic!