[Plugin] (WIP) StarSystems

_Augustus_

I agree on the Kopernicus concept. Planet Factory, and by extension StarSystems, use a runtime workaround to make changes to the celestial objects. Kopernicus leverages Squad's built-in tools which are used by stock planets, though I saw you in the Kopernicus thread a bit ago, so I am sure you know the details. You should consider helping out with Kopernicus ;)

Currently, I am working on a PF-Kopernicus config handler, as that, imo, is the last missing link before Kopernicus is really ready for use. Once that is done, I was planning on trying to add support for multiple star systems to Kopernicus :)

Also, You may want to leave the x64 testing till KSP .25 is out to see how much (or little) Squad will be fixing in it.

Just my thoughts; Star systems is a cool mod in any case! I wish you luck in any case!

I know a little C/C++, but I don't have nearly enough time to help you with anything. There's a great website that teaches you to program for free. You basically get assignments that are desgined to teach you concepts, and you have to go through them and turn them in to go on. They will be graded and perfected by their excellent community of programmers. You should check it out: exercism.io

I see a lot of potential for StarSystems and Kopernicus, maybe give their dev team a call?

Edited by FluffySilverUnicorn

I know a little C/C++, but I don't have nearly enough time to help you with anything. There's a great website that teaches you to program for free. You basically get assignments that are desgined to teach you concepts, and you have to go through them and turn them in to go on. They will be graded and perfected by their excellent community of programmers. You should check it out: exercism.io

I see a lot of potential for StarSystems and Kopernicus, maybe give their dev team a call?

I did. No response.

I'm gonna finish up the dev version and make a download. Testing is welcome.

That's too bad. I guess give 'em some time. Also, is the reshuffling of planets optional? I have my own star system with some planets like the sentar extension, and I'd like them to stay there.

Reshuffling is not optional unfortunately :P there were a lot of complaints from people who could not figure out how to edit .cfgs...

Will it still be possible for the user to edit the orbiting distances from the stars of the planet systems that you put around those stars? I guess I am asking if the system files are going to be .cfg files?

I think there were four Trans-Keptunian orbits that needed to be changed to get Corbo to look correct.

Edited by Larrt_M

Will it still be possible for the user to edit the orbiting distances from the stars of the planet systems that you put around those stars? I guess I am asking if the system files are going to be .cfg files?

I think there were four Trans-Keptunian orbits that needed to be changed to get Corbo to look correct.

You can edit their semi-major axes.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay. Prerelease is complete, I just can't compile. Could anyone help me?

Is this mod stable in it's current state at all? I'm not looking for crazy integration with planet packs or anything, but I am playing with mks/oks and would like to have other stars to travel to eventually. Are there known comparability issues with any other mods?

You can edit their semi-major axes.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay. Prerelease is complete, I just can't compile. Could anyone help me?

Use visual studio ultimate and press the build button.

Sorry. download the source. Using visual studio, open the .sln file.(did not check source file in git! ):P

I would like to help but I have my exams on going. :(

Edited by Joshwoo69
added reasons!

Use visual studio ultimate and press the build button.

Sorry. download the source. Using visual studio, open the .sln file.(did not check source file in git! ):P\

I would like to help but I have my exams on going. :(

I don't have visual studio ultimate, that costs $200. And to get the free version I have to pay for a Microsoft account even though it's "free"...

Is this mod stable in it's current state at all? I'm not looking for crazy integration with planet packs or anything, but I am playing with mks/oks and would like to have other stars to travel to eventually. Are there known comparability issues with any other mods?

This mod works fine in 32-bit. In 64-bit it breaks your game, no matter what mods you have.

No, you don't need a pay account to download it. Try again. Or get MonoDevelop, or Xamarin.

But the best thing you can do is follow some C# tutorials so you actually know what you're doing; blindly building stuff is *not* a recipe for success. Heck, check the wiki too; it even has a tutorial for how to get set up for plugins!

No, you don't need a pay account to download it. Try again. Or get MonoDevelop, or Xamarin.

But the best thing you can do is follow some C# tutorials so you actually know what you're doing; blindly building stuff is *not* a recipe for success. Heck, check the wiki too; it even has a tutorial for how to get set up for plugins!

Mono gets errors when I try to open the source :P

But I'm not doing it completely blindly, I made the new colors and added code to move some planet packs around.

(Also I deleted the resources and config folders, I'll add those to the actual release)

Augustus why it breaks in 64bit.

I have visual studio. Pass the thing to me by PM

I will do it if I can.

Also time zone different.

64-bit Unity uses different code.

And the source download is at the OP.

Edited by _Augustus_