We need 6,700 more supporters to help make this LEGO KSP set a reality!

TheNerdyOne_

So you know how I posted about "Brickcon" in the very first post of this thread, Would you be okay with me bringing a few pictures and an LEGO Ideas link to set up at tomorrows showing? Tomorrow is the latter of 2 showings and each year we get a few thousand people walking through. It sure would spread the word of this build and I'm a fan of it myself.

Outdated, disregard.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

Job cancelled, sorry

My printer is out of ink. This is what I was planning on bringing:

If I don't get a response, I'll just take the works with me. I'll be taking these two pictures, though I cannot ensure a quality printing job. Also I made the upper one in just about 20 minutes so you know the drill.

Expect the obvious pixelated lines to be blurred.

This picture will be about 8" by 10.5"

NtwJv3G.png

This picture will be about 4" by 5".

Jws0kmc.png

Because I don't have permission from you, I am not crediting anyone for these images (I don't want to sell/share your name without your permission). I have only the link to the Lego Ideas page on them, so if anyone wants to know who started the project, they can go to the link.

Here's a link to the pictures if you want a copy yourself and don't want to steal the pictures in the spoiler: Dropbox

Too bad so sad... ;.;

Edited by Avera9eJoe

Wow, I don't check this for a few days and this is what happens.

TheNerdyOne_, I've stuck this for October, congrats :)

Thank you so much! I was wondering where that extra burst of supports was coming from.

I love the idea, but their Kerbals are awful. I would think regular Lego guys with kerbal heads would work just fine. Maybe use shorter legs like they used on the Yoda or some of the Orc sets, but these Little People Playschool looking things are just bad. The rocket idea is nice though.

Trust me, the only way to make regular minifigure Kerbals look remotely decent is with new molds, which is not a possibility with Ideas sets.

Job cancelled, sorry

My printer is out of ink. This is what I was planning on bringing:

If I don't get a response, I'll just take the works with me. I'll be taking these two pictures, though I cannot ensure a quality printing job. Also I made the upper one in just about 20 minutes so you know the drill.

Expect the obvious pixelated lines to be blurred.

This picture will be about 8" by 10.5"

http://i.imgur.com/NtwJv3G.png

This picture will be about 4" by 5".

http://i.imgur.com/Jws0kmc.png

Because I don't have permission from you, I am not crediting anyone for these images (I don't want to sell/share your name without your permission). I have only the link to the Lego Ideas page on them, so if anyone wants to know who started the project, they can go to the link.

Here's a link to the pictures if you want a copy yourself and don't want to steal the pictures in the spoiler: Dropbox

Too bad so sad... ;.;

That looks great! Shame your printer ran out of ink, but thank you for trying anyway! I can definitely put your image to good use, so at least we have that! I actually have a high-quality render of just the lander that I can add to it if you don't mind.

And in case I'm gone for a small period of time like what happened just now, ff you ever have an opportunity to advertise in the future feel more than welcome to do so, I'm not one to get caught up in permissions and all that stuff. Thanks so much for your efforts!

just don't get 10,00 before the hornet from star citizen has passed.

One project does not effect the results of another, both the Hornet and this Kerbal X could be chosen as sets even if they achieve 10,000 supporters during the same review period.

Once again, thanks for all of the support! Does anyone have any ideas on other places to advertise?

This is what I came up with using the 3D design tool. I kinda see what you're saying. The heads need to be bigger and the standard space suit pieces just don't work quite right.

(fixed)

m5JPo4u.png

Edited by metl

This is what I came up with using the 3D design tool. I kinda see what you're saying. The heads need to be bigger and the standard space suit pieces just don't work quite right.

(fixed)

I would also love to see actual minifigure versions, but I would much prefer they actually be done justice, and that's just not possible with the current molds (at least, not in a way that passes the design guidelines necessary to be used in an actual set). Plus, the Kerbal X would have to be a whole lot bigger to fit them.

Fear not though, if this does get turned into a real set, and that set is successful, it will spawn more KSP sets. And just like what happened with Minecraft, minifigure scale using new molds will then be a possibility.

Also, for those that want to help advertise, here's a signature for your to use!

[:URL="https://ideas.lego.com/projects/49675"][:IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ycP4bbh.png[/IMG][/URL]

Snip!

Yeah you can use that picture for whatever you want. Make it into a bumper sticker for all I care! It didn't take me long as you can probably tell :P. The show was fun, but its a shame I couldn't advertise you guys. I'm even oriented around the space table ;.;. I really hope this becomes a set.

Yeah you can use that picture for whatever you want. Make it into a bumper sticker for all I care! It didn't take me long as you can probably tell :P. The show was fun, but its a shame I couldn't advertise you guys. I'm even oriented around the space table ;.;. I really hope this becomes a set.

Well I'm glad you had fun anyway! We'll make it there eventually, I still have a few tricks up my sleeve when we're in need of a supporter boost.

Supported!

Thank you very much!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.