[WIP](Important news)Spanners Boomsticks, Parts to complement BD Armory

SpannerMonkey(smce)

More cannons is not a problem although of late I've been building them into complete less tracks tanks.(tracks kindly supplied by Kerbal Foundries)

I dont think the APC dual cannon could be classed as too big but the others range from large to massive. But then again real world artillery isn't what you'd call compact,

I can certainly Knock out a few smaller shorter cannons without turrets , but without turrets they are not going to have 360 rotation, It'd look weird. Also I think it's oonly fair if smaller cannons get a corresponding reduction in power, one of the main issues for smaller is that you'll mount them on smaller vehicles and the recoil is enough to tip the vehicle if not in reasonable limits.

Still to do a rocket launcher but I feel Baha's got them covered, same with missiles, though I do fancy a huge ICBM on a truck launcher.

As mentioned the guns/bombs/rockets all use different methods to make them work, and as Baha is buried in requests etc it may be a while before it's possible , Unless i do dip my toe into plugin development.

Also requests are always welcome, as the real world stuff only provides so much inspiration, unlike some I have no problem dealing with the fantasy and theoretical sci fi weapons, so bring it on. :)

In the meantime how about the Kerminov KS1? yes they are working cannon shell ammo boxes.

2hGKuFE.png

Buddy, if you want to model some track units to suit, I'll happily rig them up for you live on Twitch so you can see how it's done. Cracking work as usual!

Shout me if interested, there are one or two things in the construction process - particularly related to the track mesh itself - that need paying attention to to save a lot of work down the line.

I thought that if any vehicle had kerbal written all over it, it was these, dont know if I'd want to inflict a lol traktor on the poor green fella's though, I'll certainly consider doing others if i can find references. ha, just remembered the wot model viewer, i'll see what i can do

Thanks for the offer lofi, getting to grips with the tracks is something I'd like to do

You've got the models files in my repo, so do have a poke. I tend to make the track surface with a lofted spline and tick the 'generate mapping coordinates' option, otherwise it's damn near impossible to get the placement right for the texture to scroll around. Shout if you have any questions.

I know a lot of people will welcome more track units, and I'm always limited with time, so if the mood takes you. Be good to get some more out there, having done all that work for the plugin. I'll do a run through of all the config options for wheels while I'm at it, which I know you've been waiting for.

Edited by lo-fi

I thought that if any vehicle had kerbal written all over it, it was these, dont know if I'd want to inflict a lol traktor on the poor green fella's though, I'll certainly consider doing others if i can find references. ha, just remembered the wot model viewer, i'll see what i can do

Thanks for the offer lofi, getting to grips with the tracks is something I'd like to do

Could you make the following please? Really enjoy your addon!

KV-2 (M-10T 152mm gun :D)

T49 Sheridan/Test Bed (similar to the KV-2 but the tank moves faster, if possible with the tracks, and also the turret traverse is better. KV-2 would have better reload time and burst radius to balance it out)

ELC AMX (the turret would only traverse about 30-45 degrees, and it would be equipped with a quite punchy 90mm gun)

Rear/Tail Gunner turrets (7.5mm, 50 cal, 15mm, 20mm maybe?)

Sturmtiger (380mm Gun. Should have lots of recoil ;D)

Great mod, keep going spanner!

I am a german fan of WoT, and that was why I asked for the loltraktor, Since you made the MS-1 already and why not make the T1 chunnenham to finish up the 3 main nations when WoT first came out.

So i'm asking for these few tanks.

• Tier one German light Leichttraktor
  • Tier one USA light T1 Cunningham
  • Tier one Russian light MS-1 (already made)

Should not be too hard right?

Back again, I've got the basics of a lol traktor roughed out , its a nice easy set of shapes, so I'll definitely finish it off.

And Ref smaller artillery in a more Kerbal sized package how does this look? 3inch seems reasonable for a gun this size, suitably wound down canon shell power of course, but it does have a pitch range of -3 to + 25 and full 360 rotation. Presenting the IBA alpha. (IddyBiddyArtillery)

K6UM26v.png?1

Must admit to not really needing or wanting radial mount stuff, although I know there are some skilled builders out there, building all kinds of mad things out of panels and struts who could likely find a use for radials ( like the BDA howitzer) , so unless I get several requests for radials I'm not going to make any

Hello guys, I appear to have a problem.

With this update, the TweakScale of the weapons seems to be broken when mirrored. On the weapons that are tweakscale-able, one side appears to be the normal size, while the other is much larger, seems to have the wrong measurements (meters, instead of percent), and has an odd slider below that simply says **Not Found**. Tweakscale is updated, and this mod is updated, so I have no idea what else would be causing incompatibility. Again, only the tweakscale-able weapons appear to be affected, the rest of them are fine. Some help would be greatly appreciated, as this mod fills a lot of niches that BDArmory lacks.

Hello guys, I appear to have a problem.

With this update, the TweakScale of the weapons seems to be broken when mirrored. On the weapons that are tweakscale-able, one side appears to be the normal size, while the other is much larger, seems to have the wrong measurements (meters, instead of percent), and has an odd slider below that simply says **Not Found**. Tweakscale is updated, and this mod is updated, so I have no idea what else would be causing incompatibility. Again, only the tweakscale-able weapons appear to be affected, the rest of them are fine. Some help would be greatly appreciated, as this mod fills a lot of niches that BDArmory lacks.

The "ONLY" fix for that is to not use mirroring, it is something that is stock/tweakscale related and they are not sure why or what is making it happen.

The "ONLY" fix for that is to not use mirroring, it is something that is stock/tweakscale related and they are not sure why or what is making it happen.

I actually found a better (albeit more time consuming) fix. Just remove the tweakscale modules from the cfg files. :P

I actually found a better (albeit more time consuming) fix. Just remove the tweakscale modules from the cfg files. :P

Or yea just remove the tweakscale from the config and suffer with only one sized stuffs, without hard-coding config files for each size you want.

Hi, sorry for the tweakscale issues. i thought I'd removed all the modules, the mirroring issue is a real bind and affecting all sorts of mods, so I'll certainly remove all of the offending modules.

Nothing new to add really, I'll put the kerminov and traktor in a separate , but possible to merge download, as I'm aware they are a bit esoteric, done a little more work on texturing etc,

Still looking for other ideas of things to add, don't think we need any more miniguns, still could add more cannons but stuck for inspiration, I've no problem doing fantasy stuff , so if you do have a thought or two I'd be glad to take a look at making it reality

Thanks for your interest and support, much appreciated

I was thinking maybe some Homeworld ish like gun turrets? Maybe some thing like the top two rows of this picture? Sorry its only top down as it was made for another game called Gratuitous space battles and i used em for my homeworld mod I make for it.

here is another picture and this is another good one i like the top two the best.

I was thinking maybe some Homeworld ish like gun turrets? Maybe some thing like the top two rows of this picture? Sorry its only top down as it was made for another game called Gratuitous space battles and i used em for my homeworld mod I make for it.

here is another picture and this is another good one i like the top two the best.

I second that, would go well with LLL mod.

Excuse me if I'm out of the loop, but what are those tank parts you're using? I'm aware the tracks are from RBI, but what are the parts themselves from? Are they just custom made for you or is it a separate download?

Yes, SpannerMonkey has an annoying habit of posting screenshots of things that s/he has made for her/himself and that aren't available for the rest of us to play with. :P Its kind of like the one kid when you're little that has all the best toys but won't let you play with them. ;)

:D

Gentlemen if there IS anything that appears in screenies or random images that you'd like to get your grubby paws on I'd be pleased to throw a copy at you, bearing in mind that I make a lot of stuff( a stupid amount in fact) and I move on to other stuff, so have loads of stuff I've tested , it works well enough for me and that's it, it gets a folder then is pushed into the corner to have boxes and tins of paint stacked on it, must do a part catalog one of these days.

And the tracks are reworked by Kerbal Foundries be kind permission of as you say the owners of RBI

Gentlemen if there IS anything that appears in screenies or random images that you'd like to get your grubby paws on I'd be pleased to throw a copy at you, bearing in mind that I make a lot of stuff( a stupid amount in fact) and I move on to other stuff, so have loads of stuff I've tested , it works well enough for me and that's it, it gets a folder then is pushed into the corner to have boxes and tins of paint stacked on it, must do a part catalog one of these days.

And the tracks are reworked by Kerbal Foundries be kind permission of as you say the owners of RBI

For me I'd like to get the tank models the one in this post, and then the kerminov and traktor, including the guns for them.

As for the other parts I just don't know what all you made so maybe another thread of your works so that people can pick them out would be nice. I suggest another thread as to not plug up this one.

For me I'd like to get the tank models the one in this post, and then the kerminov and traktor, including the guns for them.

As for the other parts I just don't know what all you made so maybe another thread of your works so that people can pick them out would be nice. I suggest another thread as to not plug up this one.

I would also like that tank, if that isn't too much trouble.

Hi all,

I've spent a lot of time reworking the IVA on the large tank requested, It really wasn't fit for public consumption with nasty sharp edges and bits of washing machine holding it together. much much nicer now.

Although to get the benefit of all the features you really need RPM, now while i appreciate that some don't use it I've a feeling most players who use my parts in conjunction with BD Armory are not afraid of addons, So no matter how much people kick and scream I'm unlikely to make a stockalike internal as it just wont work .

Now weirdly have issues with the fire animations, it all worked fine before, to reflect the long loading times, I'd incorporated a shell loading system inti the fire anim, sadly for some inexplicable reason it would not play nice, and after many deaths a simpler system was created although now even that's playing up. News on Kerminov and it's German counterpart soon.

D8WxKtw.png?1

Can you do a red and green Star Wars style laser bolt cannon?

Like a couple models, and then choose green or red (or blue) with a tweakable menu. So for instance model an Xwing and Awing style cannon (be creative, not exact). And then Linear RCS thruster sized TIE Fighter Chin cannon attachment. Make it battery powered. Etc. Sounds and everything. Make them like one of the last nodes on the stock tech tree. One thing I was going to suggest to BD if he hadn't already done it was what i previously mentioned in addition to another system Ill explain.

So for all the forward firing guns, give them all like a 5 or 10 degree gimbal and then make the convergence point and convergence distance configurable in the editor so they dont move in flight but are pre-sighted when you launch.

Pass that up the chain if you want.

Hi all,

I've spent a lot of time reworking the IVA on the large tank requested, It really wasn't fit for public consumption with nasty sharp edges and bits of washing machine holding it together. much much nicer now.

Although to get the benefit of all the features you really need RPM, now while i appreciate that some don't use it I've a feeling most players who use my parts in conjunction with BD Armory are not afraid of addons, So no matter how much people kick and scream I'm unlikely to make a stockalike internal as it just wont work .

Now weirdly have issues with the fire animations, it all worked fine before, to reflect the long loading times, I'd incorporated a shell loading system inti the fire anim, sadly for some inexplicable reason it would not play nice, and after many deaths a simpler system was created although now even that's playing up. News on Kerminov and it's German counterpart soon.

It looks great. I can't wait. ( I will, I want you to feel it is ready so don't take this as me trying to rush you.) It'll be apart of my Kerbal War games, and hopefully at some point I want to do a youtube series with these.