[1.1] AFBW v1.7-beta (Joystick & controller mod)

nlight

1 hour ago, Synthesis said:

There seem to be conflicting answers when I did a search, so I'll just come out and ask: does this mod work with a multiple USB HOTAS setup, like Saitek X-55? Or should I just stick with the default game system? 

I can't speak for v1.0+ but prior to that I was using my x55 just fine with this so give it a shot 

3 minutes ago, Gaiiden said:

I can't speak for v1.0+ but prior to that I was using my x55 just fine with this so give it a shot 

Thanks--if it's not too much trouble, could you post your config file? Since I'm using the same joystick. 

17 minutes ago, Synthesis said:

Thanks--if it's not too much trouble, could you post your config file? Since I'm using the same joystick. 

Remind me this weekend when I'm back home if you still need it then. Not sure if it'll still work with latest version. 

14 minutes ago, Gaiiden said:

Remind me this weekend when I'm back home if you still need it then. Not sure if it'll still work with latest version. 

Much appreciated. I can't get the mod to work anyway (it simply doesn't show up on either toolbar in game, not sure why), so I'm in no rush. 

11 hours ago, gamerscircle said:

Can someone tell me what I did wrong in my setup.  I cannot manipulate the throttle on the keyboard with the joystick is plugged in.

Just untick the stick on the AFBW gui when you want to use the keyboard.

On 6/6/2016 at 1:28 PM, Torih said:

Its not on ckan since its not been updated. It does however work fine (on windows) if you install it manually. Are you sure you installed the 2 dll files in the correct location i.e. the root of the ksp install.

I must not know what that is, because I tried what I thought it was and it didn't work.

On 11/06/2016 at 3:30 AM, Grenartia said:

I must not know what that is, because I tried what I thought it was and it didn't work.

In the zip file it will have 2 dll files, DSL2.dll and XInputinterface.dll these 2 files need to go into the root KSP folder (next to the KSP.exe and KSP_x64.exe files).

The folders in the gamedata folder need to be in Kerbal Space Program\GameData as with most mods.

4 hours ago, Torih said:

In the zip file it will have 2 dll files, DSL2.dll and XInputinterface.dll these 2 files need to go into the root KSP folder (next to the KSP.exe and KSP_x64.exe files).

The folders in the gamedata folder need to be in Kerbal Space Program\GameData as with most mods.

Thanks, I'll try that when I get back to my desktop.

• 2 weeks later...

Can I ask a question without seeming like a wank or just rude?  I am slowing taking my KSP career over to 1.1.3 and was curious if this mod will have any problems?

I spent about 3 weeks attempting to get my joystick to work and this was like butter on the toast.    I am out of touch with the terminology and such,, but I think I need to adjust the deadzone?  Can that be done as well, as I feel as I have some 'slop'?

Anyway again thanks, any pointers or advice on the deadzone would be greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

This mod is great and I'm very excited to dig in. I just had something I wanted to ask about.. I'm using a Saitek X55, it's a 2 part setup with a joystick and a throttle control and this mod seems to only partially work with it. In the mod configuration menu I have lots of options that I would love to use, for example I can have control with the joystick and assign a hat on top to be able to move the camera view around. Sounds sweet! But It won't work... I found this was the case with a lot of controls. Brakes, gear, lights, staging; little things like that are not working with the buttons I am assigning them to, though it says they do in the menu. I went into the settings in the game's main menu and set it up from there. I could get this to work with a lot of the buttons I had been trying, but some don't register when I try to assign them in the main game settings.. Like the hat I want to use for the camera. The other 2 on the stick are set up for translation and they work fine, and again, in the mod configuration menu it has no problem assigning that hat to adjust the camera.. Plus there's features here I just can't set up from the main menu, like stage locking. It sounds to me like other people don't run into this problem, talking about editing controls in-flight. I have to exit out and go to the main menu for most things.. The only thing that worked straight away was the stick itself for attitude and the throttle control. Have I done something wrong in installation? Is it just the stick I'm using?

Edited by SkippydaHippie

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/7/2016 at 9:42 AM, SkippydaHippie said:

This mod is great and I'm very excited to dig in. I just had something I wanted to ask about.. I'm using a Saitek X55, it's a 2 part setup with a joystick and a throttle control and this mod seems to only partially work with it. In the mod configuration menu I have lots of options that I would love to use, for example I can have control with the joystick and assign a hat on top to be able to move the camera view around. Sounds sweet! But It won't work... I found this was the case with a lot of controls. Brakes, gear, lights, staging; little things like that are not working with the buttons I am assigning them to, though it says they do in the menu. I went into the settings in the game's main menu and set it up from there. I could get this to work with a lot of the buttons I had been trying, but some don't register when I try to assign them in the main game settings.. Like the hat I want to use for the camera. The other 2 on the stick are set up for translation and they work fine, and again, in the mod configuration menu it has no problem assigning that hat to adjust the camera.. Plus there's features here I just can't set up from the main menu, like stage locking. It sounds to me like other people don't run into this problem, talking about editing controls in-flight. I have to exit out and go to the main menu for most things.. The only thing that worked straight away was the stick itself for attitude and the throttle control. Have I done something wrong in installation? Is it just the stick I'm using?

I'm having the same problem, not being able to get brakes, gear, lights, staging etc to work with the mod. I'm using a ps3 controller with motioninjoy to emulate an xbox 360 controller.

For those having issues with staging events on 1.1.2+ here´s the fix made by @taniwha built for Win-KSP 64bits and shared with his approval.

ksp-advanced-flybywire v1.7.0b+1.1.2-fixes for Win x64:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i52ypytttrryiyz/ksp-advanced-flybywire.zip?dl=0

Not for Linux

Requirements:

-KSP 1.1.2+ 64bits for Windows

-This zip contains only the fixed "ksp-advanced-flybywire.dll"

-You need the latest (v1.7.0) pack for windows: http://spacedock.info/mod/192/AFBW

correctly installed, then replace the file : ksp-advanced-flybywire.dll with the one linked above

-The included Toolbar plugin isnt the latest so grab the latest release: 

Source: 

https://github.com/taniwha/ksp-advanced-flybywire/tree/ksp-1.1.2-fixes

On 5/29/2016 at 6:33 AM, taniwha said:

I've sent a PR fixing the NRE when trying to stage via AFBW.

All credits go to:

-@nlight  Advanced FlyByWire

-@taniwha1.1.2+ fixes

Edited by frango9000
credits

@frango9000 thanks, it fixed almost all of them! The only issue I'm having now is that the actions that involve +/- won't work when you assign them as buttons. e.g.: yaw +/- or pitch +/- etc. Everything else seems to work.

Edit: Seems like it also caused my game to randomly not work. Sometimes I'm stuck on this screen and I can't move the camera, click on anything or open the menu. I have to alt+f4 to close the game.

PW661na.jpg

Edited by John007qwe

On 21/07/2016 at 8:04 AM, John007qwe said:

Edit: Seems like it also caused my game to randomly not work. Sometimes I'm stuck on this screen and I can't move the camera, click on anything or open the menu. I have to alt+f4 to close the game.

That is a stock bug and has nothing to do with AFBW. It also has a simple workaround: alt-f12, show input lock stack, clear input lock stack.

10 hours ago, taniwha said:

That is a stock bug and has nothing to do with AFBW. It also has a simple workaround: alt-f12, show input lock stack, clear input lock stack.

Oh I see. Though I'm having yet another problem with the controls. Maybe I'm just setting it up incorrectly, but when i move the analog sticks, I'm not getting very much control compared to the keyboard. holding down Q or E gives me a much faster roll than when i use the analog sticks. The same goes for pitch and yaw.37TcmwH.png

50 minutes ago, taniwha said:

you might need to calibrate your stick.

I have already tried that. the number is moving between -1 and 1 which i assume is the max? I've tried configuring roll using the keyboard with AFBW and that seems to work just fine. But when i use the controller the movement is very slow. I also noticed when im on the launchpad, the sliders do go all the way out, but in the air they don't.

24 minutes ago, taniwha said:

Are you maybe binding the controller to trim rather than the actual inputs? The response to the controller really should be instantaneous.

No I'm not. But like I said, while I'm on the launchpad the controls seem to work fine, as in I can see the slider and the wings moving fully. But when I'm in the air I barely get any movement compared to using the keyboard.

Edit: I figured out why. I have to enable the "AFBW input overrides SAS and other control inputs". As soon as I do that the controls move properly. What exactly is this option supposed to do other than making it work?

Edited by John007qwe

• 3 weeks later...