.25 Bugs

Strange bug: when I research technologies, I do not have to purchase any of the parts in the research tree. I thought you did - it seems to auto-buy them all without paying any money.

Playing an unmodded game, original save from .24 (virtually new game tho).

Hi. Probably not a bug. You need to start a save with the difficulty set to hard. Not quite sure how to go about converting the 0.24 save into a "hard mode" 0.25 save as I've basically not looked at that, but that's probably best dealt with in its own thread.

32 bit WinXP
duo core (core 2 duo?)

Well theres your problem! XD

On a more serious note, as Padishar said, you are running out of user address space. Not only that, but you are maxing out your physical memory usage. Although t says "3585MB physical memory [890MB free]" that 890MB is reserved for Windows and cannot be used by anything else. its what 32-bit windows does. essentially turns your 4GB of RAM into 3.5GB. So you are actually running out of RAM. If you have mods, I would recommend removing them. Or you could purchase more RAM. but with more RAM in your system, you will need to install windows 64-bit, because the most RAM 32-bit can use is 4GB. which is what you currently have.

Hope this helps,

ToTheMun

Did anyone else encounter the following problem?

So, simple space-plane, unmodded, 32bit client, 16GB ram win 7 64bit latest version. And a CLEAN steam install

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=324162851

I crash with it while strafing to the left/right = game either

1) runs fine, explosions, yay, fun everyone dies

2) game freezes, totally, completely, have to ctrl+alt+del and blindly navigate task manager to close ksp.exe

No output.log info (it stops when part collision comes in output.log, NOTHING AFTER, literally the game freezes exactly like the log cut-out i post, I stupidly overwrote the output log where it happened because I tried to reproduce so I can't attach it... I couldn't find what caused it.... I had hoped it was easy to reproduce.. but as it stands something seems to be VERY wrong with the new explosions. When they can freeze my entire game (and no log entry, nothing) I am not sure how to even report this bug....

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

airScoop Exploded!! - blast awesomeness: 0.5

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

[airScoop]: Deactivated

1 explosions created.

mk2DockingPort collided into Zn3010000103 - relative velocity: 87.92554 - no impact momentum (no RB)

mk2DockingPort Exploded!! - blast awesomeness: 0.5

etc. etc. Basically, after "exploded" my output log ended when the game froze. (Which makes sense, I had to close the ksp.exe process after all)

Basically, the game flat out froze on me. And didn't give focus up either, 1 core was maxed to 100% by ksp.exe and it used less than 2GB memory. Couldn't even use mouse, had to blindly navigate task manager to close the process......... ;P

Steam updated my KSP to 0.25, when i try to play it loads to 100% and crashes.

What I would recommend is deleting the contents of your GameData directory (make sure not to touch your save games, or maybe even make a copy of them). I would also move or delete your settings.cfg file.

Then make steam verify the game cache. After it downloads the new files, start the game.

If it starts up, then go in and reconfigure your settings.

If it crashes out, go into the new settings.cfg that it created and do like Padishar said and set TEXTURE_QUALITY = 1 (or maybe even 2 or 3, higher number is lower quality).

You are probably running out of memory at the last second when KSP is trying to load everything up (including textures) for the menu screen. This was happening to me as well, and changing texture quality fixed it up. I think it's nearing max memory with all the new parts and maximum textures. After it starts, you can move the texture setting back if you want, and I think it'll take it then. I'm not sure if this is a bug with KSP's loading mechanics, or just how the memory management is handled underneath KSP.

Cheers,

~Claw

Can't select/deselect categories of objects in map view (self hiding bar at the top-center of screen) preventing showing debris or flags.

This is a very annoying bug, but you still can change the categories only if the navball is showing in map view AND the warp speed is at 1x.

I'm having a problem where I can't select any buildings at the space center and time seems to be frozen. I can warp time and clouds pass, but the sun never moves in the sky and the time stays the same. This happens in previous saves as well as a new game. Could it be some strange mod incompatibility?

Edit: The issue's gone away after backing up and then restoring my mod folder.

Edited by liquidsolidus9000

Lets see (Steam, 32 bit because 64 bit is soooooooooo slow)

-Parts missing (1440 tank and several others)

-Eas1 command seat has fin texture

-Crew missing from command capsule even though I put them in

-Jeb, bill and bob all missing (Not a single flight launched)

Thanks a lot for your help Padishar and Claw!

I am a fool and ashamed to say that i forgot about a mod i have not thought of (H.O.M.E.)

So that was the problem and i even posted into the wrong sub :blush:

Deleted the folder and everything is back to "normal"

May the kraken spare your friendly souls!

I'm having a very strange problem. On a fresh unmodded download of .25, running on Ubuntu 14, 64 bit, Kerbin has no terrain.

T4m6SX5.jpg

The entire surface of Kerbin is like that in this view as well as flight mode. Doesn't happen in .24. I've tried completely removing it and downloading a fresh copy.

The Mysterious Shrunken Fuselage

BUG: Ships with a Mk1 Fuselage as their root part show that fuselage as shrunken in size.

KSP Version: 0.25 Clean install, no mods, running on Mac OSX

Explanation: I had some ships in an old Save game that was opened in version 0.25 that were showing shrunken fuselage parts. These parts were on planes that had been detached from a mothership via radial decoupler (where the main part of the coupler was on the mothership). As a result, the Mk1 Fuselage part is the root part of the planes affected by this bug.

To demonstrate this in a clean install of version 0.25, I built the ship shown below:

OHn5RH0.jpg

When the plane is decoupled from the docking port, the rear Mk1 Fuselage looks fine:

y5oahli.jpg

But when you switch away from the ship to the KSC, then switch back to the ship...the rear Mk1 Fuselage has shrunk:

k8e1laP.jpg

Another view with the shrunken Mk1 Fuselage:

WCiMuac.jpg

The craft file of the bug-test ship is here.

I've ran into a very pesky memory problem on 32bit winXP. Which is odd since I have 4GB of RAM installed, the game usually runs perfectly on high settings and uses less than 1GB of RAM(no mods installed). After every couple of launches when I return to the space center it crashes with an OutOfMemoryException: Out of memory. The crash logs are spammed with "can't allocate memory to textures" errors:

DynamicHeapAllocator out of memory - Could not get memory for large allocationCould not allocate memory: System out of memory!

Trying to allocate: 5592408B with 32 alignment. MemoryLabel: Texture

Lots of them. And textures really glitch out eventually, especially in the mission control interface. So far I got different stack traces in every crash, here's two of them:

========== OUTPUTING STACK TRACE ==================

(0x007960C8) (KSP): (filename not available): ??$Transfer@V?$StreamedBinaryRead@$00@@@AnimationEvent@@QAEXAAV?$StreamedBinaryRead@$00@@@Z + 0x512a8

(0x0079778D) (KSP): (filename not available): ??$Transfer@V?$StreamedBinaryRead@$00@@@AnimationEvent@@QAEXAAV?$StreamedBinaryRead@$00@@@Z + 0x5296d

(0x0058225B) (KSP): (filename not available): ??$Transfer@VSafeBinaryRead@@@Behaviour@@QAEXAAVSafeBinaryRead@@@Z + 0x94d6b

(0x00581ED2) (KSP): (filename not available): ??$Transfer@VSafeBinaryRead@@@Behaviour@@QAEXAAVSafeBinaryRead@@@Z + 0x949e2

(0x0058268B) (KSP): (filename not available): ??$Transfer@VSafeBinaryRead@@@Behaviour@@QAEXAAVSafeBinaryRead@@@Z + 0x9519b

(0x005EA0FD) (KSP): (filename not available): ??$Transfer@VSafeBinaryRead@@@Behaviour@@QAEXAAVSafeBinaryRead@@@Z + 0xfcc0d

(0x7C80B713) (kernel32): (filename not available): GetModuleFileNameA + 0x1b4

========== END OF STACKTRACE ===========

========== OUTPUTING STACK TRACE ==================

(0x10118F0A) (mono): (filename not available): (function-name not available) + 0x0

(0x10106B71) (mono): (filename not available): mono_jit_info_get_code_start + 0xaea5

(0x10106BC5) (mono): (filename not available): mono_jit_info_get_code_start + 0xaef9

(0x10106EAC) (mono): (filename not available): mono_unity_liveness_has_parent_class + 0xb1

(0x101070C6) (mono): (filename not available): mono_unity_liveness_has_parent_class + 0x2cb

(0x10107217) (mono): (filename not available): mono_unity_liveness_has_parent_class + 0x41c

(0x1010724E) (mono): (filename not available): mono_unity_liveness_has_parent_class + 0x453

(0x101074D0) (mono): (filename not available): mono_unity_liveness_calculation_from_root + 0x1e

(0x0057D0FB) (KSP): (filename not available): ??$Transfer@VSafeBinaryRead@@@Behaviour@@QAEXAAVSafeBinaryRead@@@Z + 0x8fc0b

(0x0057D1B6) (KSP): (filename not available): ??$Transfer@VSafeBinaryRead@@@Behaviour@@QAEXAAVSafeBinaryRead@@@Z + 0x8fcc6

(0x0058F9C7) (KSP): (filename not available): ??$Transfer@VSafeBinaryRead@@@Behaviour@@QAEXAAVSafeBinaryRead@@@Z + 0xa24d7

(0x00581399) (KSP): (filename not available): ??$Transfer@VSafeBinaryRead@@@Behaviour@@QAEXAAVSafeBinaryRead@@@Z + 0x93ea9

(0x00581854) (KSP): (filename not available): ??$Transfer@VSafeBinaryRead@@@Behaviour@@QAEXAAVSafeBinaryRead@@@Z + 0x94364

(0x005829D9) (KSP): (filename not available): ??$Transfer@VSafeBinaryRead@@@Behaviour@@QAEXAAVSafeBinaryRead@@@Z + 0x954e9

(0x00582B84) (KSP): (filename not available): ??$Transfer@VSafeBinaryRead@@@Behaviour@@QAEXAAVSafeBinaryRead@@@Z + 0x95694

(0x005F3E4B) (KSP): (filename not available): ??$Transfer@VSafeBinaryRead@@@Behaviour@@QAEXAAVSafeBinaryRead@@@Z + 0x10695b

(0x005F566B) (KSP): (filename not available): ??$Transfer@VSafeBinaryRead@@@Behaviour@@QAEXAAVSafeBinaryRead@@@Z + 0x10817b

(0x0085E948) (KSP): (filename not available): ??$Transfer@V?$StreamedBinaryRead@$00@@@AnimationEvent@@QAEXAAV?$StreamedBinaryRead@$00@@@Z + 0x119b28

(0x00893830) (KSP): (filename not available): ??$Transfer@V?$StreamedBinaryRead@$00@@@AnimationEvent@@QAEXAAV?$StreamedBinaryRead@$00@@@Z + 0x14ea10

(0x7C817067) (kernel32): (filename not available): RegisterWaitForInputIdle + 0x49

========== END OF STACKTRACE ===========

Here is the most recent output log:

http://m.uploadedit.com/b041/1412975681617.txt

After some thought - it could be my video card. GT520 only has 1GB video RAM... I will try to reduce texture quality and see if it helps.

Edit:

Yep, after turning off some of the landscape settings and lowering texture quality the crashes stopped happening.

Edited by Jod

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.