Where is the new animated trailer for Ksp??

Blo0d

Well, it seems that the "big project" could be something actually in-game, as opposed to stupid promotional vids, so I'm not really concerned. KSP already has too many silly videos with little relation to how the actual game plays.

Well, it seems that the "big project" could be something actually in-game, as opposed to stupid promotional vids, so I'm not really concerned. KSP already has too many silly videos with little relation to how the actual game plays.

As a Ksp buyer !

I do enjoy those animated video !

Because they show alots!!!!! of animation skills and i love this !

I say this as an animation students !!

I mean accel. attitude. stretch squash. acting ! etc.!! and it is some kind of inspiration for me !

Well actually i like those more than the game ... !!

Damn i love the game tho ! only 488hrs ....

Edited by KasperVld

Oh my....

Promotional videos are good, this is no doubt, but it seems to me that art team can spend this time better on making new buildings, new parts, new designs or whatever.

The point is:

Art team is good at videos, but will you really spend hours watching this over and over again?

Or will you spend hours (literally) watching the look of spaceship parts, planets, skyboxes etc.?

Make your choice. Either we have faster release without promotional video, or we have to stay two additional weeks on a hype train, but we will have a release with a video.

I would personally prefer to have a video probably less frequent, as a good bonus, but it should not get in the way of the actual game.

Yea.... I'm shocked anyone actually wants more of these videos instead of.... you know... stuff that you enjoy for more than 30 seconds.

How many new parts can be made in a time it takes to make these animation? 3? 5? 10? 20?

If it's one or more - it easily outweighs cinematic.

People can say the animation guys should go work on the game rather than promotional videos. Simple fact is these videos are designed really for one thing, TO SELL THE GAME.

We all here on the forums know about the update, hell anyone who was going to play the game probably already realized its been updated.

But to people who don't know about the game, or might know a little. Its these sort of videos that spark interest in the game. Just as good commercials can sell games. Hype comes in many forms, some are funny little clips of kerbals doing funny things that in reality don't reflect much gameplay. But it does reflect how the game "feels".

Its not a crime to make the videos nothing like the game, hell 90% of all game trailers don't show gameplay. Even the BIGGEST games out there do this. (Halo?)

So yea keep making these videos, i wish it was ready for when the patch game out, but i understand with a large portion of FX and visual updates to the game this patch i can see how the art team is behind. (or animation team or what ever)

People can say the animation guys should go work on the game rather than promotional videos. Simple fact is these videos are designed really for one thing, TO SELL THE GAME.

We all here on the forums know about the update, hell anyone who was going to play the game probably already realized its been updated.

But to people who don't know about the game, or might know a little. Its these sort of videos that spark interest in the game. Just as good commercials can sell games. Hype comes in many forms, some are funny little clips of kerbals doing funny things that in reality don't reflect much gameplay. But it does reflect how the game "feels".

Its not a crime to make the videos nothing like the game, hell 90% of all game trailers don't show gameplay. Even the BIGGEST games out there do this. (Halo?)

So yea keep making these videos, i wish it was ready for when the patch game out, but i understand with a large portion of FX and visual updates to the game this patch i can see how the art team is behind. (or animation team or what ever)

The 40% off sale sold the game better than any trailer would have.

Trailers (to me at least) have such a low impact of if i buy the game or not because they have so little to do with the actual game.

If i like the look of a game, i'll watch a few videos about it and read a few reviews. I don't want to see some flashy production (although i love them for their 'flashyness'), small companies like squad shouldn't focus on them - let bigger publishers/companies do it.

For what it's worth - I never seen any of these trailers before buying the game.

Seems like they don't do a good job making them available to wide public.

Besides - even if I'd see that trailer... why the exactly would I buy the game based on trailer that even isn't in a game? The only time I bought game based on trailers was StarCraft 2 - but that game has a storyline build around these cinematics.... KSP on the other hand doesn't have any storyline at all.

The 40% off sale sold the game better than any trailer would have.

Trailers (to me at least) have such a low impact of if i buy the game or not because they have so little to do with the actual game.

If i like the look of a game, i'll watch a few videos about it and read a few reviews. I don't want to see some flashy production (although i love them for their 'flashyness'), small companies like squad shouldn't focus on them - let bigger publishers/companies do it.

Pretty much, good sales get things sold. But this doesn't mean we don't need trailers

If you want to sell anything in this world you need advertisment. This is a given, you can say Squad doesn't need to make ANY videos but thats bogus(Hi media team!). You can say people can just search and read about it, or they could watch an entertaining 30 second video of Jeb flying to space by his boot straps. If you have the game its still amusing and relatable, if you don't you can see the humor and might look more into the game itself. ESPECIALLY if the trailer is new, and it portrays how "new" and fresh this game is. (in otherwords it was just updated so its kinda new?)

Really the trailers are enjoyable, and i welcome them and watch them as quickly as possible when i know they come out. Simply put they DO add to the game, they add what the game doesn't have. A well defined story, in the same way a player can make up his own story in the game. So in a way the videos do reflect gameplay, only in a trailer form.

Regardless Squad needs to keep doing videos regardless. It makes no sense at all to stop making them, I'm not the only person who would enjoy them. You might not appreciate them putting manpower into the trailers, but it is pretty economical. Making a trailer is not a negative thing, it can only be enjoyed. The impact it brings to people getting the game is fairly direct, its a proven tactic for really anything big or small. From Halo trailers (Hype!) new games that ultimatly suck (Watch Dogs) to movies (Horror films in general), to even other things like food. (McRib at Mcdonalds LIVES off the hype)

Even if this means we lose out on say some parts in this update or FX. In the long term more people getting the game = more funds to make the game better.

A big thing the game is still missing is a intro video. Its one of those things that i feel KSP deserves, the magestic harshness of space pitted against Kerbal kind looking for snacks on the Mun.

Edited by MKI

The effect on sales of good trailers is likely dwarfed by the effect of making the game itself better, IMO. I can't speak for any but myself, but I've never bought a game based on a trailer alone, nor have I ever watched a trailer more than once. I have to either play a demo or read reviews with in-game footage pictured before purchase.

Judging by previous devnotes, a cinematic takes man-weeks of work, man-weeks that could be spent making in-game content. I'd be happy if they never made another, but that's their call of course.

To be honest, I think the Manleys, Dannys, HOCs, Elysiums and various others do a wonderful job of making epic, entertaining or just downright silly videos already. The official trailers are fun, but I'm happy for Squad to concentrate more on the game and less on the pretty cinematics.

...even though the .24 trailer was pretty funny.

Damn that a lot of response !!

i do think everyone is on the same page here !

We all want KSP to b the best game ever made ! Even if at some point it is one of the most ambitious game i ever seen !

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.