Squad why cant we keep the old wing parts?

The gauge to the right of the navball indicates G-forces currently being imparted on the vehicle. The aircraft in that screenshot's pulling 9g which is quite a lot.

Yeah I know. I'm wondering which mod they are using to show that information

Yeah, I'm curious about that MOD that adds info by the navball too. It looks useful.

I've built up a good number of space-planes over the months before the SP+ parts were added to KSP. I had a big monoplane, several x-wings, a long-distance bi-plane, and a several versions that held a rover either above or below the fuselage. (Lots of checking Kerbin's anomalies, and testing rovers in general.) And my main problem: The wings look *ugly*. The holes along the side of the main 2x1 slab, its slight taper that made it hard to overlap cleanly with other parts, that there was no 1x1 slab to fill in the gaps if you were making any kind of big delta-wing, the dragonfly wing didn't fit with anything else, etc, etc.

I had a lot of planes built with the old system. But when the SP+ parts came out, I started rebuilding them all, and right away they looked ten times better. Swept wings, swept 2x1 slabs, swept leading edges to further angle the 2x1 slabs, swept elevators! Beautiful aerodynamic stuff. (Not to mention the new sleek cockpit and fuselage parts.) None of this square crap I had to do before. It was all gorgeous.

Sure, I had to make a few changes to my original designs. But if I were introducing someone new to the game, I'd want them to have *these* parts. None of the old stuff. Hide that away in an old drawer, lock it, throw away the key and never speak of it again. If you really can't live without it, use the redistributed ones that have been linked and stop whining. The sheer number of parts in KSP is already overwhelming to new players. There's not point in cluttering it up more with old and ugly parts -- it just makes the whole game look worse.

To be fair, you asked "What mod is telling you the G's?" and the only thing showing Gs is the stock G-Force gauge next to the navball. :P

oooh I guess I did lol. I meant the mach reading. I've had a long day, that I'm capping off with some adult beverages.

Also 1000x this. Fueled wings are about as realistic as you can get, and now with tweakables you can just empty them anyway. My favorite thing about this is that it helps keep the COM centered as the fuel drains. Now we are sticking fuel tanks all over the place, and crafts COM moves all around town as fuel burns.

Glad you think so, fuel in the wings is something that DOES happen, so why not? Lots of aircraft have really thin wings like the old parts because they need them as control surfaces only. Others need all the fuel they can get without strapping on external tanks so why not?

Glad you think so, fuel in the wings is something that DOES happen, so why not? Lots of aircraft have really thin wings like the old parts because they need them as control surfaces only. Others need all the fuel they can get without strapping on external tanks so why not?

Yup, I'm all for fueled wings! It would make small craft much easier to design!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.