Wow, what a friendly forum.

Sorry you interpret it that way.

But, just in case you are new to the world of forums, it is considered poor form (by most) to post topics with ambiguous titles regarding subjects that are readily available for anyone who wants information.

Some of the more regular members of the forum feel that multiple threads created on the same topic only contribute to pollute the site and confuse people who search for answers.

After a while, some of them will get frustrated that they open topics expecting a legitimate comment or question only to find the same thing, "i won't look at the first 5 topics regarding subject "X", so i am asking people to spoon feed me those answers in this new and redundant thread."

Maybe it will get the message across so that the person will search next time.

Maybe it will insult the person and they won't post uselessly anymore.

- either way, the forum wins.

BTW this applies to all forums, not just this one.

Sorry you interpret it that way.

But, just in case you are new to the world of forums, it is considered poor form (by most) to post topics with ambiguous titles regarding subjects that are readily available for anyone who wants information.

Some of the more regular members of the forum feel that multiple threads created on the same topic only contribute to pollute the site and confuse people who search for answers.

After a while, some of them will get frustrated that they open topics expecting a legitimate comment or question only to find the same thing, "i won't look at the first 5 topics regarding subject "X", so i am asking people to spoon feed me those answers in this new and redundant thread."

Maybe it will get the message across so that the person will search next time.

Maybe it will insult the person and they won't post uselessly anymore.

- either way, the forum wins.

BTW this applies to all forums, not just this one.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is good form. :rolleyes:

I don't have a great deal of personal investment (time or reputation) in this forum. I haven't done anything great for it, haven't really contributed much. I've been more of a consumer of information here, and it's been utterly vital to me as a resource. Thank you all.

So I absolutely support the idea that people are encouraged to use the search functions - or even just browse - before they post the 10th thread on a subject that is already answered 10 times over. It's just lazy and (speaking as a mod on another forum) I feel it's disrespectful. Someone took the time to answer the question - not bothering to look for the answer before consuming bandwith and time is...wrong.

The only potential confusion I see is that we seem to have a rule against necro-posting, so there might be a conflict between "This question is answered" and "I have further questions about this topic". I suggest that new posters should find their way with that one - an apology costs nothing.