[1.2] PlanetShine - v0.2.5.2 stable - v0.5 experimental [4 October 2016]

Valerian

This is not 1.0 compatible. Add on checker say it is not compatible at start of game and does not load. Even after deleting the checker, it still does not load. Someone should adjust the library to reflect that it is on good to .90.

Seems to work fine for me. There is an error message, but actual functionality is fine. All the options and sliders seem to work too.

This is what I saw. You get an error message because the mod was built with 0.90 in mind, but I haven't had any trouble running it. I'm running a fresh install with fresh saves for whatever that's worth.

Seems to work fine for me. There is an error message, but actual functionality is fine. All the options and sliders seem to work too.

Yep, seeing it working. Only buggy thing appears to be the actual error message firing when it shouldn't.

The shine itself works, but there's always that annoying error message. There's no point in the mod doing self version checks, there's already something else that actually warns you in KSP of possibly broken mods.

The configuration button for PlanetShine is missing from the in game toolbar, so it isn't 100% 1.0 compatible.

Sorry for the error message about 0.90, I just uploaded an updated version to fix that.

I changed nothing with the mod itself, only the version number and the AVC list of compatible KSP versions.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way I just bought a computer and I have a good internet connection (Still travelling around the world, I'm "stranded" on the island of Koh Phangan for 1 month :P).

I'm planning to work on PlanetShine soon and make a complete overhaul of the mod, hoping to implement most of what is in my list of "planned features" (which you can see in the first post of this thread).

Both of you guys did the same thing (planetshine and ambientlightadjustment) you updated your mods but both of your mods depend on the blizzy toolbar that is not compatible with 1.0????

So how do I adjust ambient lighting? I took ambientlightadjustment out since with planetshine it's redundant but I cannot adjust gamma for streaming because the mod depends on toolbar???

Both of you guys did the same thing (planetshine and ambientlightadjustment) you updated your mods but both of your mods depend on the blizzy toolbar that is not compatible with 1.0????

So how do I adjust ambient lighting? I took ambientlightadjustment out since with planetshine it's redundant but I cannot adjust gamma for streaming because the mod depends on toolbar???

Works well enough without Blizzy for me, just have to edit settings in the config.

Blizzy’s toolbar works just fine in 1.0. There’s an error message on loading, but the toolbar works fine and it seems you can use it without worrying???

PlanetShine does not depend on toolbar, it only uses it optionally to provide a settings menu. However you can still change the settings by editing the file "Settings.cfg".

I understand that some people need to have access to the settings in-game because the want to change the ambient light often (for making videos or other stuff).

Please be patient, I will work on releasing a new version soon.

I love this mod, take your time. :kiss:

I have some questions (suggestions?):

- Are you aware about the fluctuation of the lighting in the hugest scales? At least with me, this starts with stock lighting values, then the bodies get your lighting after a pair of orbits... and all works fine from there, but if you uses warp speed at max you can clearly see how the lighting goes from stock to your mod look, again and again.

- Would be possible, now or in the future, to get the shadows of the eclipses (over other bodies) with this? (In this way: http://www.astronomy.ohio-state.edu/~pogge/Ast161/Images/mir1999.jpg)

- Would be possible, now or in the future, to provoke "brighter" nights in the nearest bodies with visible full moon?

- Are you aware about the fluctuation of the lighting in the hugest scales? At least with me, this starts with stock lighting values, then the bodies get your lighting after a pair of orbits... and all works fine from there, but if you uses warp speed at max you can clearly see how the lighting goes from stock to your mod look, again and again.

No I was not aware, I will test that, could you give me some testing conditions or a saved game?

Did you try changing the refresh rate in PlanetShine settings to see if it makes a difference? The lights are not updated at every frame to prevent impacting game performance, so when you warp really fast the lights may look completely out of sync and random.

Maybe I should set max refresh rate while warping, as an option (enabled by default).

- Would be possible, now or in the future, to get the shadows of the eclipses (over other bodies) with this? (In this way: http://www.astronomy.ohio-state.edu/~pogge/Ast161/Images/mir1999.jpg)

Probably, it's not my first focus, but I already thought about doing that later.

- Would be possible, now or in the future, to provoke "brighter" nights in the nearest bodies with visible full moon?

That's actually the real meaning of "planet shine" (see explanation on first post), and that will be one of the main goals of the next version of PlanetShine :)

I feel like I'm lying a bit with the current mod name, but hopefully it will soon be true :P

Edited by Valerian

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.