[1.2] PlanetShine - v0.2.5.2 stable - v0.5 experimental [4 October 2016]

Valerian

me personaly i removed citylights and use astronomer pack

maybe you can try that instead?

Umm...isn't Astronomer's stuff just working on top of EVE?

Removing CityLights.dll is a workaround indeed, but takes away much of the...interestingness of the night side of Kerbin.

Just dropping by to say I now have Eve 7-4 and the most recent version of Planetshine working together with no modification of either and it is beautiful.

I love the config menu, playing with the sliders to find the best aesthetic has been surprisingly absorbing :).

1.4 worked good for me and the last 2 updates all, I get now from this mods is a very dark skybox and no citylight will try and convert citylight to see if it helps but still last to don't show as much on the dayside as it did.

EDIT- Thanks to dtoxic for tell me how to get the older release here http://kerbal.curseforge.com/ksp-mods/224876-planetshine/files

Edited by Mecripp2

I'm sure the darkness is very realistic, and also aesthetically pleasing to many people. Unfortunately, darkness just doesn't work for a YouTube video; people need to be able to see what's happening.

I love the reflected light! Beautiful effect! But... I want this mod to work with Ambient Light Adjustment, so it isn't so obscuringly dark all the time. Please. Version 1.4 appeared to be compatible, but not 2.1, unless I missed an option.

I will investigate this EVE issue tonight, in the meantime I suggest you to try putting "Ground ambient light override" to zero, and maybe try to change the other settings such as "Vacuum ambient light level". DO NOT remove or comment anything fron Settings.cfg, use the menu instead.

If you still have issues, previous versions are available in CurseForge.

I'm sure the darkness is very realistic, and also aesthetically pleasing to many people. Unfortunately, darkness just doesn't work for a YouTube video; people need to be able to see what's happening.

I love the reflected light! Beautiful effect! But... I want this mod to work with Ambient Light Adjustment, so it isn't so obscuringly dark all the time. Please. Version 1.4 appeared to be compatible, but not 2.1, unless I missed an option.

You can make it brighter if you go in the settings menu, no need for Ambient Light Adjustment.

My apologies if I'm not using the options correctly, but all I found was a way to make night scenes approximately as bright as stock, and no brighter.

Yes true, that's my fault, it's me who limited it like that, I felt the stock darkness was way too bright so I didn't see the need to make it brighter.

In the next update I will make it possible for sure, not everyone has the same screen and tastes/needs than me ^^.

(Aren't owls supposed to see in the dark? :P)

For pure aesthetics, I agree with you! Darker is good. :)

I was just speaking up because the primary way I play this game is through making videos - it's a fun hobby - and graphics for video making usually need to be brighter than what looks best for just playing. I can slightly adjust levels in the editing process, but that only goes so far. I've been dependent on Ambient Light Adjustment to make night scenes watchable.

Anyway, I hate to complain about a problem that only a few people would encounter... but I also really want to show off this mod, because it looks so great!

For pure aesthetics, I agree with you! Darker is good. :)

I was just speaking up because the primary way I play this game is through making videos - it's a fun hobby - and graphics for video making usually need to be brighter than what looks best for just playing. I can slightly adjust levels in the editing process, but that only goes so far. I've been dependent on Ambient Light Adjustment to make night scenes watchable.

Anyway, I hate to complain about a problem that only a few people would encounter... but I also really want to show off this mod, because it looks so great!

I know what you mean, I feel that my screenshots are too dark to embed in a forum with a white background :)

Hey Valerian, do you hijack the part's glow functionality, by chance? Some mod is preventing parts from glowing when my mod sets them, and I can't figure out which one.

Hey Ippo,

What do you mean by "glow functionality"? The only things that I "hijack" in the game are "RenderSettings.ambientLight" and the "vacuumAmbientColor".

Can you confirm this issue? This might also be similar to the issue some people have with EVE's city lights (I still need to investigate that).

Which parts are affected? I would like to try them as well.

In DangIt I set the part to glow red if it's disabled, like this.

Yesterday I noticed it's not working anymore, and the only mod I installed lately that messes with lighting and stuff is PlanetShine. But after your answer, I'd say it's not your fault, it's probably something else.

Now off to remove 50+ mods one by one to find the culprit. Yay! XD

In DangIt I set the part to glow red if it's disabled, like this.

Yesterday I noticed it's not working anymore, and the only mod I installed lately that messes with lighting and stuff is PlanetShine. But after your answer, I'd say it's not your fault, it's probably something else.

Now off to remove 50+ mods one by one to find the culprit. Yay! XD

Don't remove them one by one, do it by binary search: remove half of your mods, so you know which half has the issue. Then remove half of what is remaining that has the issue, etc ... You should be able to find it within 5 to 6 tries.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.