Intake torture complete.

screenshot9.png

screenshot11.png

screenshot15.png

Jebediah gets his revenge

screenshot16.png

BURN you horrible intake, you!

screenshot18.png

Jebediah is pleased with himself after successfully flying to Eve on a single stage without refuelling. He'll worry about getting back home again later on... For now, though, he is just satisfied with the knowledge that no wimpy little air intake will ever dare to mess with him again

screenshot20.png

Next challenge: Destroy the control tower with the aircraft you are flying, put the pilot must survive.

Edited by Deddly

Done! Really can't be bothered to mention the mods - too many of them in my KSP folder!

It's a little top heavy

A2r3V2O.jpg

Not the best idea Jeb...

VGFWC9l.jpg

Ok... never mind...

PRQFAbq.png

Finally, after a little bit of breaking physics with hack gravity, I got it upright and sort of looking like a grill

edzDO0a.jpg

NEW CHALLENGE: Drive to the mountain range near the KSC! Everybody does it!

Edited by TJPrime

Ed Kerman takes the Racist for a spin.

screenshot11.png

He doesn't seem to think this is a safe speed

screenshot15.png

screenshot16.png

Ed Kerman does nothing by half measures

screenshot21.png

screenshot25.png

Next challenge: Kerbals are short and are convinced that there is a fantastic view just out of reach. Stand one Kerbal on top of another to test the theory of whether taller people would get a better view.

Each of the Kerbals report that they see the side of a rocket. The theory is considered debunked.

15506548778_7d298b96cd_o.png

The Kerbals wonder if if climbing something would do better. Send one climbing to the top of a structure around KSC to find out.

Malwise climbs to the top of the Flag Pole in KSC:

76099437FBD0B0519A8E90CC42632FF9DE2CD1C2

He states that he can see the sunrise and all of KSC, but that, other than the danger of tripping and falling, isn't pretty epic.

Next Challenge: Send a flight across the mountains to the west of KSC, with at least one Kerbal in a command seat. Both rockets and spaceplanes allowed. The Kerbals don't have to survive to accomplish this challenge.

I did it: I shot a Kerbal across on an SRB and landed him on his head to avoid killing him.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Next challenge: find out if the KSC 2 buildings are destroyable. Hit any one of them with force sufficient to destroy the VAB. Post a pic of your thing proving that it can blow up the VAB, and a pic of it hitting a KSC 2 building.

Bonus points to anyone who drops an asteroid on KSC 2.

Edited by QuesoExplosivo

Next challenge: find out if the KSC 2 buildings are destroyable by dropping a Class E Asteroid on any one of them. Information and autopilot mods are allowed, but not Hyperedit or other stuff. Crafts need not be manned. Kraken drives and infinigliders are OK.

ummm...

The OP said that all challenges should be able to be accomplished by a new player. I realize that sometimes it is hard to find a challenge that a noob would be able to do, but doing a precision landing of a class E asteroid onto a building that they don't even know where it is sounds a little too hard. I have been playing around with asteroids since 0.24.5 came out, and I will tell you what, those class E asteroids are a B!#%H to move around, let alone land, do a precision landing, on top of a building.

I hope nobody minds when I do one of these. If it is bothering anybody, please let me know, and I will butt out.

But until then...

Next challenge: Have a part of your craft switch docking ports while on a sub-orbital flight no higher than 125,000 m. Surviving is preferred, but you can crash as long as its spectacular.

And as always, have fun!

You need to set a new challenge for the game to continue :P

I would... and my cunning plan to beat Zipmafia's suborbital docking port challenge was a huge and profound success.

Unfortunately I forgot to take a single screenshot. (...yup.)

In other words, this one's still up for grabs.

Switch ports challenge complete (this time Jeb took a camera...). By the way, remembering to take screenshots when you're trying to make a docking maneuvre inside a tightish timeframe is harder than u might think! Also, this was one of the most unstable freefalling rockets Jeb's ever had to ride in.

NEXT UP:

President JFKerb has promised the Kerberican People "we will go to the Mun!" Unfortunately nobody told JFKerb that the Mun is a really, really long way away. What to do...?

"Re-create" a Mun landing in a suitable setting on Kerbin (i.e. at night, no trees, water or grass in sight). Take convincing screenshots showing a small step, a giant leap, and a Munrover. Finally plant a flag that commemorates 'the "Mun" landing' for Kerbalkind.

MEGABONUS POINTS (and extra snacks) if you capture the real Mun in all your screenshots.

[Edit: This challenge isn't as hard as it sounds. You can put the bits and pieces in place anytime you like and then timewarp to get the screenshots in the dark/of Mun. You can pick a more difficult locale if you want, but the easiest suitable sites from KSC would be in the Highlands just beyond the mountain range to the west of KSC or the Desert area a bit further on. Note that just because you can see the sea/trees/grass from your site, that doesn't mean that they need to appear in your screenshots!]

Edited by The_Rocketeer

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.