Is there a realistic mod that adds more stock-alike SRBs?

Hello. I am new to the forum. I wanted to ask if there is a mod that adds modular, stock-alike SRBs. I like the look of the stock Kerbodyne

S1 SRB-5D25k. I want a mod that adds segmented solid rockets. In my search i came across this thread, but that is all i could find.

I desperately need them for my replica SLS (My favorite rocket, you can probably tell from my username)

I am aware of this mod, but:

1. the SRBs included do not have a convincing stock-alike appearance

2. KerbalSpaceport is long gone

EDIT: I realize now that there is a download on GitHub.

ALSO: I meant REALISTIC (like the space shuttle SRBs) and not as much stock-alike

Edited by SpaceLaunchSystem

I assume that you are referring to the BACC and RT-10. Keep in mind that the ARM update, which added the S1 SRB-5D25k (Space Shuttle SRB), was produced in collaboration with NASA

No doubt he knows that, but I don't think it is relevant. They still need to be balanced versus the other, already in place, SRBs. Which as he pointed out aren't really that realistic anyway, so I think you are looking more for stockalike than realism (unless you think stock parts are realistic in which case you are looking for parts balanced against stock).

In that case I see no reason to not use procedural parts. The SRB in there is amazing.

Yes, it was produced in collaboration with NASA. And the art is a bit closer to reality, yes (although the sizing is way off--nobody'd bother making a solid that diameter segmented, let alone the BACC). Also as usual they're modeled to look like oil cans, not (pill-shaped) pressure vessels (a shape hid in the SSRB by the aft skirt and the nosecone).

However, the performance has little in common with real solid rockets, which:

1. Do not produce the same thrust at any given moment in time due to the shaping of the propellant.

2. Burn "rough", expelling chunks of unburnt propellant, which gives rise to *random* fluctuation in thrust

3. Extinguish thrust when combustion can no longer be sustained due to pressure drop.

4. And, of course, there's the Isp bug (affects liquid engines too): Isp affects thrust, not fuel flow, but not in KSP! In KSP somehow solid fuel burns faster (????) at ground level.

There's a few other more minor differences too of course.

I assume that you are referring to the BACC and RT-10. Keep in mind that the ARM update, which added the S1 SRB-5D25k (Space Shuttle SRB), was produced in collaboration with NASA

It was not produced in collaboration with nasa, it was produced under the acknowledgement of nasa, they had nothing to do with the actual modeling, texturing or production of the parts.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.