0.15 Easter eggs? (Obviously possible spoilers inside)

zombiphylax

... Maybe they will release a scavenger hunt for easter eggs on, idk, easter weekend? :D (a man can dream)

Ooh, that would be a cool challenge. Someone scatters a bunch of small parts on the Mun/Kerbin and uploads the save, then people have to build a ship to collect as many as possible before some time.

Hey guys, look what I found:

hGrLx.jpg

Shortly after:

C0X0p.png

I hoped they\'d place a monolith on the Mun. Somehow the game\'s crash reminded me of the scene in 2001, when they find the monolith and it starts to send it\'s laud signal, causing everyone to be messed up. :)

Hey Nova, I know you won\'t give the exact location of the monolith, I\'m just curious if this unusual crater bears any resembelance with the real-life Tycho crater?

Edit:

Never mind, now I know that the answer is not :D

It took some time to find, and it was a rought ride. I ran out of fuel (from all of the landings just at the most important one -_-), but in the end I managed to make an emergency landing with my command pod\'s engines.

screenshot4s.png

Bill Jeb and Bob must be confused out of their little minds :)

- Mun1 to KSC: we errr... landed at... KSC?! Right on the pad.

- KSC to Jeb: What have you been smoking???

http://imgur.com/a/W2TwJ

But seriously, i think this might been put there to test the PQS terrain on the Mun

(so Mu doesn\'t have to fly there every time a change is made to observe the results),

and they forgot to remove it. I mean if it was just a mistake, it is unlikely it would

be on even terrain and just at the right altitude to match the terrain altitude...

Cheers!

Awesome 2001 reference! :P

I wish there where a KSC on the mun like the Brighton beach in Orbiter

would be good for training in low g environments

I do believe that was the original intention behind the KSC-on-the-Mun, but it kind of breaks the idea of you being able to build your own surface bases... It would make very little sense if there were a base on the Mun already, when Kerbal space technology at first is barely able to clear the atmosphere.

Cheers

I do believe that was the original intention behind the KSC-on-the-Mun, but it kind of breaks the idea of you being able to build your own surface bases... It would make very little sense if there were a base on the Mun already, when Kerbal space technology at first is barely able to clear the atmosphere.

Cheers

But once campaign comes.....

No, because the Sun doesn\'t exist. And according to Harv never will.

Do you mean the fact that it was a point of light? It isn\'t anymore, you can crash into it. Or are you referring to the fact that the SUN doesn\'t exist, but Kerbol does?

Do you mean the fact that it was a point of light? It isn\'t anymore, you can crash into it.

Can you? I distinctly remember Harv saying that it wouldn\'t have a physical surface because the heat will destroy you before you even get close, so there would be no point.

Can you? I distinctly remember Harv saying that it wouldn\'t have a physical surface because the heat will destroy you before you even get close, so there would be no point.

Apparently it\'s not a physical surface, it\'s just a automated failsafe point where you explode.

It\'ll be leaked, sooner or later, sadly... I had fun finding it, though!

As did I. I landed rovers in three 'candidate' craters. I actually was about to give up on the one that the monolith was in. Luckily I didn\'t.

Good spot, Nova! You will get a crater named after you for that.

Tranquility Base is indeed on Mun. Its not some secret base from where I test, I have ways and means beyond yer average Jeb, tis just somewhere I can chill after a hard day digging craters. Chances of it being there in the far future are very slim however so enjoy whilst you can.

Still, one secret object and one secret base dont really constitute the 'secret bases or secret objects' I had previously narrowly avoided alluding to. Guess y\'all best keep on lookin eh? ;)