[1.3.0] OPT Space Plane v2.0.1 - updated 29/07/2017

K.Yeon

Well @Starwaster when I get home from work I'll try looking for it.   Do I need opt installed before I pull the log after load or can you see the issue even with it off?   Because litterally I remove opt folder,  game runs... opt folder in, it freezes.    Normally in the past when I had this issue I remove the one conflicting file and it would run.   But this time..  ya no Bueno.    Thank you again for the help.

Side note,   why the heck do I get these exceptions?    Korpinicous is installed with the planet pacts right as far as I can tell, I did it exactly to instructions as I could find.  And I got orbital decay exceptions occasionally too.    The nav ball issue was actually a broken saved game.  Started new game and I'm not generating that issue as far as I can tell .    Is there an easier trick to doing this than install,  test, crash,  work around, test, crash... work around , test,  run,  find bug,  crash,   etc lo . Just curious... I'm pretty savy computers and programing but alot of this doesn't make sense to the old school methods I used in older games from back in the day and writing scripts

22 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

I think something maybe worth mentioning is that it seems to be the last item before the scene change to the main menu, so the issue might be what happens after loading. However, without the right log, who can say.

@Deimos Rast it shows that in the ksp log and if it was after that part then why does it load without opt?    I'm stuck in LA traffic  but when I get home I'll upload any and all logs you guys need to figure it out.  

4 hours ago, NemesisBosseret said:

Well @Starwaster when I get home from work I'll try looking for it.   Do I need opt installed before I pull the log after load or can you see the issue even with it off? 

The log has to be from a time that you tried loading the game and experienced trouble with it. If you've run the game since removing OPT then the log won't provide useful information.

Something else that might be useful in troubleshooting (esp. since it involves part loading) is your ModuleManager.ConfigCache

And that *should* always be there but certain errors in MM patches will result in the cache not being written.

3 minutes ago, Starwaster said:

The log has to be from a time that you tried loading the game and experienced trouble with it. If you've run the game since removing OPT then the log won't provide useful information.

Something else that might be useful in troubleshooting (esp. since it involves part loading) is your ModuleManager.ConfigCache

And that *should* always be there but certain errors in MM patches will result in the cache not being written.

I've seen that before and I goobered and had multiple versions of MM before too.   I double checked both of thoughs before crying on here .     I even went hunting for the bad part to try to remove and see if that was it.   But I couldn't find it...  I relold opt when I get home then fail log in then post ksp out log from 64 because I only  use 64 bit..   I'll double check and screen shot my mm config too

On 6/22/2016 at 0:29 AM, NemesisBosseret said:

Ok, only just now looking at this, sorry. Have been busy trying to fix Ioncross life support mod which has been kicking me in the nuts all week.

Looks like it's choking on one of the OPT internals. Unmodified OPT cockpits aren't behaving like that and the only thing in your log that even touches the internals is RPM

[ModuleManager] Applying node JSI/RPMPodPatches/0.16-0.17-upgrade-patch/@INTERNAL[*]:Final to OPT/Spaces/JSLIVA/internal/jslCockpit

[ModuleManager] Applying node JSI/RPMPodPatches/0.16-0.17-upgrade-patch/@INTERNAL[*]:Final to OPT/Spaces/JSLIVA/internal/jslCockpit

This is where that ModuleManager.ConfigCache would come in handy so we can see what changes got made there. Maybe try temporarily removing 0.16-0.17-upgrade-patch.cfg and see if it loads up without it. If it does, something it's doing in that patch is responsible.

There's also errors with several of your plugins not loading at all; presumably because you updated to 1.1.3 and those plugins haven't been updated yet? I'm treating that as unrelated to your OPT problem; those errors don't cause any problem other than the assembly not loading. So it's just an FYI. I'm going to have a look at RPM and see what it's doing in that patch. (if I can find it; forum is choking when I try to search for RPM. Probably because there's too many search results coming back)

Line 1467: AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'CC_RemoteTech': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0   at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
    Line 1528: AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'MechJeb2': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0   at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
    Line 1540: AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'MechJebRPM': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0   at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
    Line 1569: AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'LightsOut': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0   at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
    Line 1618: AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'TarsierSpaceTech': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0   at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
    Line 1652: AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'ThrottleControlledAvionics': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0   at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

3 hours ago, Starwaster said:

@NemesisBosseret

Looking at the latest RPM release, there is no "0.16-17-upgrade-patch" in the archive, nor do I recall ever seeing one. It's also not from OPT, best I can determine.

I would remove it, as per Starwaster's advice.

----

Regarding the Assembly exceptions: those aren't so hot. Make sure you're running the latest possible with plugins. Off the top of my head: I know there are 1.1.3 builds for CC_RemoteTech (from Contract Configurator) and MechJeb; probably for Tarsier, if not soon. Not sure on TCA or LightsOut. If you're running RemoteTech, make sure you're at least using the community hotfix for 1.1.3.

Edited by Deimos Rast

29 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

@NemesisBosseret

Looking at the latest RPM release, there is no "0.16-17-upgrade-patch" in the archive, nor do I recall ever seeing one. It's also not from OPT, best I can determine.

I would remove it, as per Starwaster's advice.

----

Regarding the Assembly exceptions: those aren't so hot. Make sure you're running the latest possible with plugins. Off the top of my head: I know there are 1.1.3 builds for CC_RemoteTech (from Contract Configurator) and MechJeb; probably for Tarsier, if not soon. Not sure on TCA or LightsOut. If you're running RemoteTech, make sure you're at least using the community hotfix for 1.1.3.

For MechJeb2, you have to get the latest Dev version from here: https://ksp.sarbian.com/jenkins/job/MechJeb2-Dev/

4 minutes ago, Starwaster said:

For MechJeb2, you have to get the latest Dev version from here: https://ksp.sarbian.com/jenkins/job/MechJeb2-Dev/

Correct... until recently. MechJeb v2.5.8 was actually released on June 22, 2016 (which at the moment looks like it was the last successful build anyway, so your advice is still good).

p.s. Major props to you for helping everyone out, here and in the MJ thread as well.

11 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

Correct... until recently. MechJeb v2.5.8 was actually released on June 22, 2016 (which at the moment looks like it was the last successful build anyway, so your advice is still good).

p.s. Major props to you for helping everyone out, here and in the MJ thread as well.

Thanks, maybe some day I'll get back to actually playing the game myself :P

Figured I would post an update on progress for the mod's rerelase. 

COMPLETED:

* Folder structure has been completely overhauled, ALL parts are now sorted by corresponding hull class.

* All hull classes have actual names now, no more J Fuselage etc.

* To minimize mod size bloat some parts that use the same texture as another class now uses texture referencing from a dedicated texture folder (not all textures live here, just the ones for old J and K and a few random others.

* All parts have been renamed somewhat to have OPT_ at the begining of the part name for compatability with other mods.

* Mk3 Shuttle nose works correctly

STILL TO DO:

* Presently SOME of the animations are non-functional and will be addressed in due course.

* MM patches for CLS and IFS/FS

SPECIAL:

* People who have assisted me with this project have become easter eggs in the mod - see if you can find them, some are obvious, some are not.

POTENTIAL TO DO:

* I started adding normal maps to parts but I wasn't overly satisfied with the results, may revisit this when I have more skills with modding.

* Juno class SAS module could do with own texture/model

* IVA's - not even considering this at this stage.

I am hoping to have it release ready within 3 weeks.

On 6/25/2016 at 11:20 AM, RedParadize said:

It seem there is a problem with OPT in 1.1.3. I have OPT IVA that apear at the bottom of VAB and on pads... Anyone else have that problem?

I have had this issue also but can't for the life of me remember how I fixed it. I THINK there is something duplicated file wise with the IVA, Only had it for the J cockpit though.

Whether it takes three weeks or three months, I'd like -- and I'm sure I'm not alone in this -- I'd like for you to release it when it's ready to be released, and not a second earlier. I'd rather have a serviceable OPT tomorrow than a half-arsed OPT today.

----

Anyway, I was browsing the internet the other day, looking around for other KSP mods. And while I was on the internet, I found this.

Spoiler

Laminated front windscreens!!!!one!

Something else that I found was this -- it's a bunch of older OPT releases, from 1.4.9 through 1.7. I don't know if there are any parts in those packs that you haven't already uploaded to the community maintenance pack, but if there are, you'll probably find them there.

And to anyone else who thinks about downloading any of those older releases, keep in mind that A) the landing gears do not work in KSP 1.1.x, and probably will never work in future versions of KSP; and B) due to the file names and other factors, the parts in the various packs might not necessarily be cross-compatible with each other.

12 minutes ago, King Something said:

Whether it takes three weeks or three months, I'd like -- and I'm sure I'm not alone in this -- I'd like for you to release it when it's ready to be released, and not a second earlier. I'd rather have a serviceable OPT tomorrow than a half-arsed OPT today.

----

Anyway, I was browsing the internet the other day, looking around for other KSP mods. And while I was on the internet, I found this.

Hide contents

Laminated front windscreens!!!!one!

Something else that I found was this -- it's a bunch of older OPT releases, from 1.4.9 through 1.7. I don't know if there are any parts in those packs that you haven't already uploaded to the community maintenance pack, but if there are, you'll probably find them there.

And to anyone else who thinks about downloading any of those older releases, keep in mind that A) the landing gears do not work in KSP 1.1.x, and probably will never work in future versions of KSP; and B) due to the file names and other factors, the parts in the various packs might not necessarily be cross-compatible with each other.

Yup I have everything released form 1.3 onwards :) and a lot of those parts have been reintegrated.. 

@King Something is right, a lot of the older parts don't work very well and that is part of what I am trying to fix. Also, don't get too attached to your planes with the 1.8.1.2 release, I garuntee the 1.8.5.0 release WILL break EVERYTHING but it is unfortunately necessary.