Alternative to EVE mod?

airelibre

The Environmental Visual Enhancements mod hasn't been updated, and although several people have said that it still works fine, for me it doesn't. There are no clouds on Kerbin, and it's really putting me off playing the game now that I've got used to it with clouds. Is there an alternative for providing clouds?

Did you install EVE by itself without installing a clouds mod like City Lights and Clouds?

No, I thought they come with it anyway, no? And I have Astronomer's Visual Pack, but I'm confused by these things because they all seem to use the same parts, like the City Lights and Clouds.

Because when more threads are moved here, more people will look at this forum? :P

There is a reason for having categories for which topics go where. If everyone simply followed the guidelines, problems such as too little traffic wouldn't exist in the first place (only high-volume topics get separate subforums, and modding is definitely a high-volume topic).

You could also have posted your questions in the EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements main thread itself if you were worried about not getting enough feedback on the issue. In fact, that's my recommendation for you:

1.) Take a fresh stock install and, following the install instructions to the letter, add EVE. Do not add anything else yet.

2.) If you are still not seeing clouds on Kerbin, go to the EVE release thread here on the forums (in the Add-on Releases subforum) and request support there. Be prepared to describe your installation procedure and provide logs if requested.

Because when more threads are moved here, more people will look at this forum? :P

There is a reason for having categories for which topics go where. If everyone simply followed the guidelines, problems such as too little traffic wouldn't exist in the first place (only high-volume topics get separate subforums, and modding is definitely a high-volume topic).

You could also have posted your questions in the EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements main thread itself if you were worried about not getting enough feedback on the issue. In fact, that's my recommendation for you:

1.) Take a fresh stock install and, following the install instructions to the letter, add EVE. Do not add anything else yet.

2.) If you are still not seeing clouds on Kerbin, go to the EVE release thread here on the forums (in the Add-on Releases subforum) and request support there. Be prepared to describe your installation procedure and provide logs if requested.

Ok, thanks for the explanation and the suggestion.

Worked with a fresh install :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.