Hello and Welcome!

Moach

Hello GarrisonChisholm, and welcome to the forums!

I'm not sure what is going on. What exactly do you mean when you say that you cannot design a new ship in the VAB? If you enter the VAB and try to start a new design, what happens?

Sounds like it might be a glitch. Hard to tell without a little more info.

Happy landings!

Well, when I select an object (a Capsule say, though it applies to all objects) and drag it to the work area, it never becomes "visible", it remains in its translucent, unattached state, even when it is the only object in the work area, and despite having the green attachment nodes visible, nothing can attach to its 'intangible' state.

I'll take a look when I reload tonight after work, but it was perplexing to run into! Thank you for the greeting, and the attempt to assist. I will provide updates tomorrow.

That sounds very strange. Normally, when building a new craft the first part you click in the part list appears in the centre of the VAB.

You may have a corrupted craft file. In your KSP folder, open 'saves' and then the name of the save. There should be two folders inside that. One for VAB craft, and one for SPH craft. The craft files are just text files and can be opened with a simple editor such as notepad. If one file is very small compared to the others, that may be indicative of corruption. If you examine the uncorrupted craft files, any that are corrupt should be obvious once you open them. You will have to delete any corrupted craft file, but that should fix the problem.

Hope this helps. If not, try asking in the support section of the forums.

Happy landings!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone! I've had KSP since 2013, but I've never once used the forums, so i figured this place would be a great place to start and to meet other players! :D Well, it's time for me to go attempt to build another rocket, but end up killing all these poor kerbals who trusted me as an engineer...

Yes, like Bootstrap666 I have also been playing since 2013 and this is my first venture into the forums as well. Hoping to also meet other kerbonauts and enhance my experience somewhat. I have to admit I was a little late to the party during the update from 0.90 to 1.0 so I've found that I'm having to re-learn many aspects of the game (especially space planes, goodness....quite a change there). Time to try and rebuild my hypersonic plane again, and from the ground up it would seem but that's fine, it's all part of the challenge at the end of the day.

Lots of questions

How did this game escape my attention till now? ( I found out about it by reading an article about Elon Musk )

How do I keep from Re-Starting? ( chuckle )

Hello! I have been playing KSP for month now and I have to say it's THE best PC game I have owned. I have intentionally avoided looking up designs to see if I could make up everything through trial and error. The results were... interesting. I started trying to orbit by going 50km and than burning. My Mun landers used large wheels as landing gear and they were one way trips. I landed a probe on Duna before I figured how to dock. It's been fun... :P

Now I plan to do some campaigns and actually learn how to make good, efficient designs and how to do the math.

Hello there fellow Kerbals and aspiring Kerbanauts. I finally decided to join the forums after deciding to show my appreciation to the Near Future mods by commenting on its thread; then why not start here?

Autopilot on,

Hello everyone, decided to join the community to gain some 'science'. Playing the game for 2 weeks or so and loving it!

I'am Dutch so forgive me for my lack of english sometimes.

Autopilot off.

Hi everybody,

just one more kerman onbaord. Being playing the game from the end of 2014, and enjoying every bit of it. This is the kerbonaut child dream made real, in an special flavour.

Now working on a personal project: KIA. I hope you will like it,

salutations from Spain!.

Hello Sando Mutt, and welcome! Salutations from Canada!

Hello The White Guardian, and welcome to the forums! When posting, there are several icons above the text area. One of these says 'Insert Image' on the popup and allows easy insertion of images once they are posted on an image-sharing site.

In order to emdeb Imgur albums, use '[' + 'IMGUR' + ']' then the album code (just the characters at the end of the album URL), then the closing tag '[/imgUR]'.

Hope this helps.

Happy landings!

Hello The White Guardian, and welcome to the forums! When posting, there are several icons above the text area. One of these says 'Insert Image' on the popup and allows easy insertion of images once they are posted on an image-sharing site.

In order to emdeb Imgur albums, use '[' + 'IMGUR' + ']' then the album code (just the characters at the end of the album URL), then the closing tag '[/imgUR]'.

Hope this helps.

Happy landings!

Thank you for your assistance, it really helped.

Hope this helps.

Happy landings!

Thank you for your assistance, it really helped.

Err, I think my internet once again showed that is as stable as a cow on roller skates. Sorry!

Edited by The White Guardian
Noticed that my computer posted the message TWICE -_-

I also do not understand how to change my profile's background to a custom image. According to various guides and FAQ's I need to create an album in the User Control Panel and then add images to that album, next set one of these images as the background of my profile. The thing that I do not understand is where I need to create these albums.

Thank you in advance

The White Guardian

I also do not understand how to change my profile's background to a custom image. According to various guides and FAQ's I need to create an album in the User Control Panel and then add images to that album, next set one of these images as the background of my profile. The thing that I do not understand is where I need to create these albums.

I'm afraid I can't help you there since I've never used that feature.

You might try asking in the Kerbal Network section of the forums.

Hope this helps.

Happy landings!