[PLUGIN, PARTS 0.17] Zoxygene (Life Support) mod v0.7.1 (12.09.27)

l00

IOO,

I consider the ZO2 mod as one of the essential mods for realistic spaceflights. The ZO2 poses the serious challenge to keep the crew alive during the flight.

Unfortunately, the ZO2 mod doesn't make transfer of ZO2 from one ship to another possible. With the fuel transfer mod fuel can be transferred from one ship to another. May i request some collaboration between you and Younata to make the transfer of ZO2 possible as well? It would make rescue missions much more realistic and fun.

Hi Everyone!

New version is up!

Adding more ZO2 systems is now possible (0.6.2 had a bug that allowed it, but this is the real deal), see OP!

Crewtanks are also supported.

About ZO2 transfers: I might do that later, but this can already be done: Use Fuel cells to generate ZO2, and transfer fuel to power them :)

@Evil Beaver: That is what EPS is designed for :) I am hoping there will be "official" versions by the mod creators soon ;)

Anyway, hope you like the update,

Cheers!

The annoying problem that I encounter with this is solar eclipses, which happen quite often because the Mun and Kerbin are on the same orbital plane. Several times my crew has died simply because Kerbin blocks the pinpoint of light from Kerbol, regardless of the fact that Kerbol's disc should be much larger than Kerbin's. Will this be fixed in 0.17 as Kerbol gets a body ?

I came to the conclusion that multiplying all capacities (ZO2 Tanks and batteries) by 10 feels way more... Acceptable.

Don't get me wrong, but in the new version 0.7, I put a ZO2 system on my one man ship and can't even go 2/3 around Kerbin without my astronaut dying. After I edited it, it now has just enough ZO2 reserve for about 1 hour and 45 minutes in vacuum, enough time to orbit kerbin three times, but barely (On reentry over the KSC after the third orbit my ZO2 just went out on a altitude of 69750m, 750m before it could 'feed' from the atmosphere again).

Strapping on small sidemounted EPS batteries won't help very much either, their capacity is so low you can watch the bar drain faster then my loading bar fills on KSP-Startup! (Yes, it's exaggerated... :P)

I see why you put the capacities so low, but for my part, I'll stick with factor 10.

I came to the conclusion that multiplying all capacities (ZO2 Tanks and batteries) by 10 feels way more... Acceptable.

Don't get me wrong, but in the new version 0.7, I put a ZO2 system on my one man ship and can't even go 2/3 around Kerbin without my astronaut dying. After I edited it, it now has just enough ZO2 reserve for about 1 hour and 45 minutes in vacuum, enough time to orbit kerbin three times, but barely (On reentry over the KSC after the third orbit my ZO2 just went out on a altitude of 69750m, 750m before it could 'feed' from the atmosphere again).

Strapping on small sidemounted EPS batteries won't help very much either, their capacity is so low you can watch the bar drain faster then my loading bar fills on KSP-Startup! (Yes, it's exaggerated... :P)

I see why you put the capacities so low, but for my part, I'll stick with factor 10.

I'm currently running a 3 man capsule in a 100,000 meter orbit around Kerbin with 8 Dynavolt P600 solar panels, 1 ZO2 Main System Tank and 3 EPS Big side mounted batteries.

It's running very well for me and even has a small surplus.

The P600 solar panels are the best, I feel ,because they track the sun well.

You do still need to point your ship at the sun so it does not cause shadows over your panels.

MechJeb kill rotation is good for this, but you still need to readjust your orientation every two orbits.

I could probably get by with just one battery, but this would require constant attention and some elliptical orbits would be undo able.

I found a way to make decorative solar panels charge EPS batteries. Just put this at the bottom of it's config file

MODULE
{
name = EPS_SRC_SPANEL_Def
IndMsg = Solar Power
MaxPwrGain = 0.025
ActivatePrelaunch = 0
EditorJumpDown = 0
}

I'm no expert on this. I was just fooling around copying things between config files and it started working.

It's not perfect. They don't gracefully reduce thier production as thier exposure and angle decrease, and sometimes they just cut off. redeploying will reactivate them. don't warp too long in the dark and trust your hacked panels to keep you alive. ;)

About half the solar panels in the game are just decorative.

Are you sure you are using the right ones?

Yep- I used all the ones listed in the opening page and the ones which specifically say 'EPS Solar Panels.'

Only the non-folding kind are functional; not even the folding 'EPS Panels' work.

Am I missing something here?

Yep- I used all the ones listed in the opening page and the ones which specifically say 'EPS Solar Panels.'

Only the non-folding kind are functional; not even the folding 'EPS Panels' work.

Am I missing something here?

My game is heavily modded and I run into non-functioning items too.

I suspect that one mod is writing over code that is needed for another mod.

Sometimes reloading the mod you want to work the most as your last mod will help it function.

My game is heavily modded and I run into non-functioning items too.

I suspect that one mod is writing over code that is needed for another mod.

Sometimes reloading the mod you want to work the most as your last mod will help it function.

LOL- I'm planning something like that.

I currently have three separate installs: 1.) Pure Stock Install, 2.) RP install (with only the ExPI: Space Stations & Interplanetary Probes mod) and 3.) 'Just For Fun' mod with ExPI, Novapunch, Mechjeb and Zoxygene installed. I'm planning to tear #3 apart this weekend and make test 'installation order' to see how to get the most parts working.

Thanks for the advice guys...

Hi all. Need advice on this issue here: I use the Kosmos panels and put in part.cfg module as follow in the first post:

>Attach this module to SolarPanels_adv_PowerTech panels: SolarPanels_adv_PowerTech Module

>Compatible panels: Standard DynaVolt (DynaSat) and Kosmos panels

>Also, make sure that ShowIndicators = false line is also present in the planels .cfg! If it does not exist, add it; if it does, set to false.

It's working nice - panels rotate, EPS energy gain well ... BUT - in the description which is displayed on the item in the hangar, the EPS amount collected is not displayed. Or rather, do not have information, that this part collects EPS

What's wrong?

For DynaVolt it's not necessary if you have the latest Dynasat pack (get it here).

EPS and ElEnergy parts are not really balanced against each other, you might want to increase the "power =" value in the DynaVolt config as they're a little weak compared to the ZO2 system. Not that as far as I know, EPS energy gain values are per fixed frame (1/50 second), while PowerTech and ElEnergy values are per second.

Hi all. Need advice on this issue here: I use the Kosmos panels and put in part.cfg module as follow in the first post:

>Attach this module to SolarPanels_adv_PowerTech panels: SolarPanels_adv_PowerTech Module

>Compatible panels: Standard DynaVolt (DynaSat) and Kosmos panels

>Also, make sure that ShowIndicators = false line is also present in the planels .cfg! If it does not exist, add it; if it does, set to false.

It's working nice - panels rotate, EPS energy gain well ... BUT - in the description which is displayed on the item in the hangar, the EPS amount collected is not displayed. Or rather, do not have information, that this part collects EPS

What's wrong?

I'm not sure how that information in the hangar display is generated, but I have made the same modifications as you and it all works fine despite not displaying on the hanger information.

OK, here it is- after my best Ken Mattingly impression, I think I have found it.

When using JSGME, you run into a problem with the 'MZRDynavolt' file loading.

I can get everything but the Powertech Panels to load this way... anyone got any ideas on how to get around this and get them functional? I can get them to load by an alternate loading sequence, but the game then locks up when you try to go to the launchpad. If I forgo trying to get the Powertech panels to load, but use folding ZOxygen panels, the game loads, but I really, really don't like those panels- oh, yeah, and they don't fold.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.