KOSMOS 3/14/2015 RD-170 Family Released!

ORLY? did you notice that donate button? >.> lol

Dem Splines! Okay! Fuel pump to Nozzle circuts are completed!!!! Now for the Boost pumps and Preburner Fuel line then to getting them preduction ready

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1417259/kerbal/screen%20shots/splinedancer.png

Oh wow :Q_ I was far from my pc for a few days, and I didn't imagine I would have found those nice progress report pics at my return!

EDIT: there, you earned it :)

Edited by Sage
transaction complete

Okay so! NTR release might be this weekend. they all work now :D all three of them!

Sage donated and he got an early release of them as a thanks. he also has a look at the .... new engines.

I can't really spoil too much for the other guys, but I'm playing a bit with them and they are amazing. They have a lot of clever configs tricks in them, and the final result is just superb.

You end up being happy even when they overheat as they look so pretty...

I'm starting to believe that CbbP is the official modeller of ROSKOSMOS in disguise at this point :P

yeah curse will not let me uplod it no matter what I do lol.

Good news! RD-17x family plumping is complete! now to consolidate it all and remove all the junk and construction jigs. If you have seen ym X-33 dev video you know this can be complex. However with plumbing it is even more complex.

Edited by CardBoardBoxProcessor

Opinions needed. Would anyone Pay for KOSMOS mod parts? Say $1.50 per package? Free demo packages would be available and then the full range of parts in the other.

For example: You'd get 191 and RD-171 free as demo, the others would be in a package that cost very little and would be life time (if steam greenlight works like that?).

It would not effect anything but overly complex items (like the RD-170 family and maybe LK when it comes to it, not Fuel tanks or other simple model items.)

lol I've noticed this is like my second job and It ate my whole thanksgiving holiday days.

Edited by CardBoardBoxProcessor

Well, I think there will be people paying out of appreciation for your work. But not everyone would, because there are simply many, many more parts mods that gives almost similar parts, or people making similar replica from scratch. You are competing against free stuff, and that is hard to beat.

Ever thought about putting a paypal donation button though? A few people here use that.

Well, you likely wouldn't want my money. Phillip K. .... didn't, either. :) Honestly, the currency I have to use is so worthless that spending 1.50$ is a nontrivial decision, especially over the internet where it tends to balloon to twice that (no, I'm not being a cheapskate. No more than usual, anyway... :) ).

I love your models, would help testing if you wanted, but I'd rather leave donations to people whose money is actually good for something. Other people might be in a similar situation, converting small sums to dollars tend to be horribly inefficient, especially with worthless currency like mine (same with Euros... an exchange in France once took half of what I gave it). Some might be even unable to pay at all (say, they're underage and parents control their spending, and they're stingy with it). Doesn't change the fact people love your parts, though.

Just a side note paying for mod packs don't that break the rules of the forum ?

EDIT- Links that promote projects and/or products that are meant for the personal profit of either party, this specifically includes linking through ad.fly; and

Edited by Mecripp2

nah, I think it would be a bad idea to make it payware; I'm not even sure if it's legal under SQUAD's ToS. Only very few people would actually buy stuff, but more than that you risk damaging your PR a lot. But if you put up a PayPal donation button, I'm sure that people would donate - probably more than you would get from selling parts. I'll donate if you put up a PayPal donate button. Oh look, you actually have a PayPal donate button. I'll go and donate tomorrow, as I'm pretty busy right now. Maybe you should put the bottom at the very top or very bottom of the OP, and make it slightly more visible? I didn't notice it at first when I looked the OP through.

Hi guys! I'm sorry if my English may be poor. Previous reports of this topic I've seen reports about shrinks VA command module. I also get the same Bugs. This is not a correction yet? Or am I doing something wrong?

Sorry yes, this is fixed for the next release.

Is it bug in KOSMOS, not in TweakScale?

It was an issue with the way I calculated size values for the VA capsule config, turns out the size of the models need to be set such that rescaleFactor is always 1 otherwise you get this bug when reverting or reloading.

Especially if the part is the root part of the vessel.