[1.0.5] Adjustable Landing Gear v1.2.0 (mass/cost scaling, tech nodes, drag) - May 30

BahamutoD

I love the bogies! only the Medium wheels seem to be working. when I adjust the small or the bogies my game becomes VERY choppy and nothing happens with the small or medium wheels.

EDIT: Smalls are fine. Game gets chuggy also when I edit a 2nd set of medium wheels.

http://i.imgur.com/1dGlLtt.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/9OpevCk.png

I see you have the new parts, but it appears you are using an old version of the plugin.

Today I tried a simple plane with these gears, And I wasnt able to pass mach 1. then I used stock gears and easily passed mach 1. is there something wrong?

The smallest gears from this pack weigh almost double the mass of the stock small gear bay.

Proper mass scaling is on the todo list.

Edited by BahamutoD

I see you have the new parts, but it appears you are using an old version of the plugin.

Its all from your upload on kerbalstuff. No idea how its an old plugin.

Just copied and overwrote from your kerbal stuff upload and will check.

EDIT: can now adjust the bogies, but once I start adjusting them I drop to about 1 fps

Edited by stali79

Yup, I was surprised as well when I saw the update. Haven't had time to check out the new landing gear that were added at the same time, but looks sweet.

Thanks for the update BahamutoD.

This got updated?!

Since it was created? Yes, many times.

The very title of the thread lists when it was last updated. The last update is mentioned in a post at the top of this page. There is an announcement of that update on the previous page and in the first post....

Since it was created? Yes, many times.

The very title of the thread lists when it was last updated. The last update is mentioned in a post at the top of this page. There is an announcement of that update on the previous page and in the first post....

For 1.0 I meant.

My "YEAH!" reaction image didn't post for some reason. Post doesn't really make sense without it.

Lets see if it makes it this time: http://i.imgur.com/koIOIdI.gifv

@Bahamuto: I've had this mod for a while now, and I love it: Great functionality over the stock gear, and it's pretty too. Unfortunately, it seems to break aerodynamics under the just-released .15 FAR.

My suspicion is it's something to do with how FAR voxelizes parts that animate? Maybe? I've not tried it with the other sizes, only the small gear: Even with the gear retracted in the spaceplane hangar, it seems to throw the CoL WAY off. Of course, it's the first release of FAR for 1.0.2, so it may be FAR being glitchy.

Just thought you could use a heads-up. Keep up the excellent work!

@Bahamuto: I've had this mod for a while now, and I love it: Great functionality over the stock gear, and it's pretty too. Unfortunately, it seems to break aerodynamics under the just-released .15 FAR.

My suspicion is it's something to do with how FAR voxelizes parts that animate? Maybe? I've not tried it with the other sizes, only the small gear: Even with the gear retracted in the spaceplane hangar, it seems to throw the CoL WAY off. Of course, it's the first release of FAR for 1.0.2, so it may be FAR being glitchy.

I actually have not run into issues with .15 FAR and this. What does your craft look like?

Actually the only issue I have found with this and .15FAR is the TOGGLE GEAR option in FAR doesn't work on these gear, but that is minor.

Whatever mesh FAR is using for its voxelization sticks way out of the part itself, even when the gear are retracted. With the gear clipped into the fuselage, a large part still sticks out. This plane has two pairs of the small adjustable gear, plus one slapped on the nose for illustrative purposes:

MIn5j4p.png

In this configuration, minus the one on the nose, it can't break the sound barrier. With the LV-10 Small Landing Gear, clipped inside the fuselage, it flies at nearly mach 2.

When parts change they now need to do

part.SendMessage("GeometryPartModuleRebuildMeshData")

for themselves and any parts they move.

In the meantime the workaround is to detach and reattach the part after any changes, or if that doesn't work, save and reload the craft. Not sure how it affects extending and retracting the gear in the flight scene however.

Whatever mesh FAR is using for its voxelization sticks way out of the part itself, even when the gear are retracted. With the gear clipped into the fuselage, a large part still sticks out. This plane has two pairs of the small adjustable gear, plus one slapped on the nose for illustrative purposes:

http://i.imgur.com/MIn5j4p.png

In this configuration, minus the one on the nose, it can't break the sound barrier. With the LV-10 Small Landing Gear, clipped inside the fuselage, it flies at nearly mach 2.

Not getting that exact problem.

yCCPEf2.jpg

Rxqhh5F.jpg

I can break Mach 1 pretty easily, actually breaking mach 4 pretty easily.

In the meantime the workaround is to detach and reattach the part after any changes, or if that doesn't work, save and reload the craft.

Workaround not working here. May be worth noting that it's not the whole down position shape of the gear that's not updating, looks like just the bay door to me - either that or there's something invisible under the gear...

Hi great mod, it will be so useful!

But i've some problems, with FAR .15 i've the same problems of @Vegemeiste.

I've even a worst issue, in fact on the runway the part is ignored, and me game act like if there was no gear.

I've even a worst issue, in fact on the runway the part is ignored, and me game act like if there was no gear.

Same thing. oh no!

When parts change they now need to do
part.SendMessage("GeometryPartModuleRebuildMeshData")

for themselves and any parts they move.

In the meantime the workaround is to detach and reattach the part after any changes, or if that doesn't work, save and reload the craft. Not sure how it affects extending and retracting the gear in the flight scene however.

Thanks, I'll work on that.

Edit:

I'm having it rebuild mesh data on start, and when it fully retracts or fully deploys. Its properly fixing the voxels for the doors and wheel, but that big cube is still there regardless of the state. I have no idea where it's coming from. Its not the shape of the bounds collider (which gets destroyed on start, before sending a rebuild message). Any ideas?

Did you have a previous version installed? Make sure you have the latest version of the plugin (BDAnimationModules.dll) which is packaged with the current version.

Edited by BahamutoD

FAR new feature "Toggle Gear" does not work properly with adjustable landing gears. Not a big deal, but something is missing to inform FAR that parts are landing gear I suppose.

I have tried medium landing gears only, but on those I didn't see problem with huge voxel boxes on raised landing gears.

EDIT:

Second design, noticed that misterious voxel boxes too. Sorry for false report.

Edited by kcs123

Did you have a previous version installed? Make sure you have the latest version of the plugin (BDAnimationModules.dll) which is packaged with the current version.

Fine, installed again and now works fine.

The "VoxelBoxeGate" not solved, good work on that!

Thanks for the great mod, good quality. :)

I find one simple issue, it may be known already but I can mention it. Smallest landing gear had no sound for deploy/retract, in CFG file it points to sound "BahaSP/Sounds/gearDeploy", that is not a file that exists in that folder for me. Changing it to same path as other gear "AdjustableLandingGear/Sounds/gearDeploy" makes this work for me.