[1.0.4] Endurance (from Interstellar) [DISCONTINUED]

benjee10

Any news? its been quiet lately...

I'm assuming its a mix of 0.90 coming out and IRL stuff. At least that's what it's been for me. Plus I got stuck trying to get the landing gear to work, kinda burned myself out trying to fix it; I took a few days away from it. I've been didling around making some other parts just for practice, and reading documentation/tutorials. Expect me to be pumping out stuff over the next week or two. But for now, no.

I'm also waiting to see what benjee does with the ranger hull, if anything, before I finish some of the parts.

@xxhansonmaxx if you have the IVA done in any way, shape, or form, please send me whatever you have so I can get to work on the RPM implementation.

Edited by Shryq

Apologies for not posting for a while, I've been quite busy IRL recovering from Christmas parties doing lots of work, so not a huge amount has been done.

However, I've pretty much finished the texturing on the Ranger (except the landing legs). The model (with textures hopefully packed) can be downloaded here for Shryq and anyone who's interested. I couldn't perfectly make it fit the shortened version you posted because it would have messed up some textures but I've reached a bit of a happy medium I think. You mgiht need to take a look at node placements since I'm not sure I sorted them all out properly.

Zekew11's got back to me and it seems that we'll be going with the part clipping modules into the ring approach since Unity doesn't like handling the collisions on such a complex mesh.

Apologies for not posting for a while, I've been quite busy IRL recovering from Christmas parties doing lots of work, so not a huge amount has been done.

However, I've pretty much finished the texturing on the Ranger (except the landing legs). The model (with textures hopefully packed) can be downloaded here for Shryq and anyone who's interested. I couldn't perfectly make it fit the shortened version you posted because it would have messed up some textures but I've reached a bit of a happy medium I think. You mgiht need to take a look at node placements since I'm not sure I sorted them all out properly.

Zekew11's got back to me and it seems that we'll be going with the part clipping modules into the ring approach since Unity doesn't like handling the collisions on such a complex mesh.

Aww yisss!!! I'm so excited!

I just received the .obj file that was taken straight out of the "Board the Endurance" Site. Gotta say, we did pretty damn well.

UiuSXJx.png

Textures look great benjee!

And I'm looking forward to that IVA.

Edited by Shryq

Holy .... that IVA looks good. The details are incredible! The only thing that worries me is the poly count. 41k might be a bit much, but I'll have to ask around to be sure. Looks like I get to start on Raster Prop Mod. I love reading documentation.

I'm loving peoples' reactions.

feelsgood.jpg

Edited by Shryq

@billbobjebkirk: maybe in the future when the film comes out on DVD. Currently isn't really any useful reference material for them, but it'd be great to have!

I was thinking of naming TARS SCOT or MANLEY or something like that :')

maybe in the future when the film comes out on DVD. Currently isn't really any useful reference material for them

the Lazarus pod:

http://www.wired.com/2014/11/absolute-zero/

EDIT: Also, maybe the robots could be SCOT, KURT, and MACY (for the spoiler ship, after all, it would be oddly fitting)

Edited by billbobjebkirk
Robot Names

Do you know how much longer until it's final release? And when it does eventually come out, will it have an interactive IVA?

There's no ETA being set for this project. Me and benjee also, I beleive, have significant IRL obligations that come first, and I'm only working on it when I find time.

The goal is to have it use RPM so the two front seats at least will have 3-4 screens each that you can use for navigation, docking etc. RPM stuff.

This may be a little off topic, but I'd like to get a papercraft model of the Lander. the kerbalized version posted here will do just fine, as long as it has the engines.

EDIT: nvm read that wrong.

Look back a couple of pages. Benjee posted the blender file for the updated Ranger.

Edited by Shryq

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.