[1.1.2] Realism Overhaul v11.0.0 May 8

Felger

Why does the KW Rocketry engines look smaller than the RO packs parts ? when i try to attach them to a fuel tank they attach but they don't attach to the fuel tank but lower they leave like a space

Delete the KW Community fixes folder that is installed with CKAN. Easy fix, it conflicts with RO configs.

I have a problem concerning the TAC Life Support under RSS/RO:

Currently, I am building a space station and I have a LS modulue containing enough water purifier and CO2 scrubber for 12 people. Although station is not finished yet, 2 people are already on board. CO2 scrubbing is fine. But I get a lot of waste water. I mean: A LOT.

A quick look showed me that I get an additional 120 liters of waste water per hour(!), Fresh water is not diminishing so the mass of the station grows constantly. I thought, that due to massive recycling my 2500l waste water tank would be enough for 1-2 yeats but now it seems that I have to send a waste carrier each day... :huh:

Is this a bug of TACLS besides RO (so this would be the wrong thread then) or is RO involved?

EDIT: I realized, that I should have read the part description more thoroughly. The CO2 scrubber produces a lot of water in the resulting process. Ok. But mass shouldn't increase, right? And is it really that much water?

Hello,

I did a bunch of work on some specific TACLS RO configs, specifically for a number of parts that recreate historical craft, such as FASA Mercury, Gemini, and Apollo, as well as some of Raidernick's Vostok & Voskhod stuff.

Could you please provide some detail about what specific parts you are using? None of the parts that I worked with would have supported 12 people, but I can look at the ones you are using and see if I am able to tweak them to match the realism I aimed for in my previous configs.

And an excellent catch, by the way! I had to take great care in my configs to ensure the conservation of mass! Can you tell if it is your CO2 scrubber or waste water module that is generating the excess water?

I tend to only turn on AP when I've already got my rocket pointed in the correct direction. Mechjeb does have some settings that refer to it's use of RCS propellant but I've never bothered to mess around with them. Once I've manually got my vessel pointed where it needs to be, AP usually does just fine keeping it correctly oriented without wasting a lot of propellant.

The problem mostly appears when I ask the ship to perform a maneuver node that lies outside of the LOS of my comms system. I could write a script in KOS to steer the ship in a more sane fashion, but I haven't got time for that at the moment :(.

Quick question.

I use RO, RP0, RSS everything installed via CKAN.

d3qEWp4m.png

Everytime this procedural battery just overheating and then exploding. What I do wrong? It doesn't matter what heatshield I use, still the same effect. It's very annoying. :|

For some reason, the Taurus (Orion sub) doesn't work. Also, the built in Escape system's doors on the side remain open. (No electric charge). Is there a proper RO config?

Try Orion from Chaka Monkey. Not sure if it is RO compatible but at least it looks like Orion, Taurus not so much.

For some reason, the Taurus (Orion sub) doesn't work. Also, the built in Escape system's doors on the side remain open. (No electric charge). Is there a proper RO config?

AFAIK, that Orion sized Taurus config was made by Red in like... RO for KSP 0.25? Can't remember if the cfg for that ever got updated.

Luten, try Claw's stock bugfixes. It may be subject to the 1.0 heating bugs...

It didn't help. Still that part is overheating but I just reinstalled my KSP (clean version) and once again using CKAN I installed the all things. It seems this helped a bit. The battery (or that part) isn't overheating now but heatshiled is overheting a bit now (but I think it's normal - I have around 700-800 degrees, max 1035).

I'm running into an issue with the latest update of RO and RP-0. I'm working on my first plane and whenever I attempt to attach the engine nacelle or the precooler the nodes line up as they are supposed to, but the moment I click for them to attach to anything like a fuel tank (same if i try to attach radially), it greys out the nacelle and removes one of the attach nodes. If I try something like connecting it directly to a cockpit, then the two, although separated on screen both grey out and attach themselves to my cursor until I trash them and attempt to start over. This (so far) is only occuring with the early game engine nacelle/pre-cooler, but I'm wondering if anyone else is having this problem. The weird thing is when I try to attach it, it greys out and the attachment points of both the fuel tank and the front side of the engine piece disappear, but the bottom attachment node still shows, which I'm unable to use because the fuel-tank (or whatever else I attempted to attach it to) no longer has an attachment node. Whenever I attempt a radial connection with 2x of the pieces when I click on whatever spot I wish to attach it to it reverts to 1x radial and refuses to attach.

I'm wondering if this is a bug brought on by the newest versions of these mods or a conflict from another mod that isn't officially part of the RO modlist (node helper and node-resizer are the only two I can think that would mess with this). I've since removed these two mods from the folder but I haven't had a chance to check it (about to go to bed). If those mods aren't the cause, is anyone else experiencing issues similiar to this? I've never seen anything like this before.

*Edit* Upon looking into it further, the Engine Nacelle and the "Engine Pre-Cooler" are the same part, but for some reason are both showing up under fuel tanks. I took out the node helper mod and it didn't change anything. Not sure what the trouble is. I just reinstalled AJE, RO, and SXT (not sure if any of these had anything to do with the problem) but I had changed the Enginee Nacelle from a .dds to the older 1.0 version before the .dds switch and I'm betting this caused the issue, further testing commencing...

*Edit 2* No Luck. No idea what could be causing this issue. I've been playing with this save for awhile, but never attempted to make a space place so this may have been a problem for awhile now. Hopefully I can either figure out what the hell is wrong with this part or hope that the problem doesn't occur with any other parts.

If screenshots would help explain my issue to lead to a diagnostic, let me know, and I'll oblige. At this point I've redownloaded all the base mods and a few suggested mods for RO and am not using any part mods that aren't supported by RO/RP-0. Just little plugins like targetron and navball docking alignment indicator.

Edited by shoe7ess

shoe7ess I'll take a look, but meanwhile just use procedural tanks (and use a different intake).

ATM, they are the only intakes I have (first node). Also, one of the propellers (it was added between .90 and 1.04 so I'm not sure which, looks kind of futuristic I guess, it's blue and white, but it can't seem to be placed via stack attach, only surface/radial. I think another thing that feeds into it is whenever I use any kind of interstage adapter or something simliar (something that uses 2+ attachment nodes), after setting up the interstage there are "ghost" node points off to the left of my screen. I'll see if I can append this message with a picture detailing it. Thanks for the help. I'll go ahead an unlock circular intakes and make sure they are working.

If they're the only intakes you have in the first node, you have deeper problems than that. There should be the circular intakes (4 of them) and the radial intake too.

Blue and white propeller? Yeah, you've got some install issues methinks.

The ghost nodes are a known issue with Procedural fairings, they don't really cause issues and can be happily ignored.

If they're the only intakes you have in the first node, you have deeper problems than that. There should be the circular intakes (4 of them) and the radial intake too.

Blue and white propeller? Yeah, you've got some install issues methinks.

The ghost nodes are a known issue with Procedural fairings, they don't really cause issues and can be happily ignored.

No, the only intakes I had in my first space-plane node was the Engine Nacelle and Cooler. The propellers I found were from Karbonite, which I've taken out since then. I went ahead and spent the last 4 hours checking which SXT models weren't working, (and when doing this found a handful of major engines like the RL10/AJ10/RD-107/108 were showing up as invisible when I opened a sandbox. Now, normally RO would take KW Rocketry and edit those engines to match the real-life engines, but I'm assuming they weren't showing up because I had retrofitted some of the .dds files in the 1.0.4 install to their .mbm equivalencies from 1.0 and prior. I went ahead and checked which squad engines were actually changed by Ven/SXT/RO and switched them back and I'm testing it now, and I'm assuming it will work.

The strange thing I found out before I last ran the game was that I could use the Highly Pressurized fuselage perfectly fine, but the non-pressurized version would give me the issue where it would connect for a second then bug out and destroy the attachment nodes.

Hopefully this takes care of it.

Also, THANK YOU, I didn't realize proc fairings was causing those ghost nodes and that was driving me crazy, but the issue with the regular fuselage connecting for a second and then removing the nodes from the root piece and fuselage itself would leave a ghost node below the are I attempted to connect them as well.

Edited by shoe7ess

No, the only intakes I had in my first space-plane node was the Engine Nacelle and Cooler. The propellers I found were from Karbonite, which I've taken out since then. I went ahead and spent the last 4 hours checking which SXT models weren't working, (and when doing this found a handful of major engines like the RL10/AJ10/RD-107/108 were showing up as invisible when I opened a sandbox. Now, normally RO would take KW Rocketry and edit those engines to match the real-life engines, but I'm assuming they weren't showing up because I had retrofitted some of the .dds files in the 1.0.4 install to their .mbm equivalencies from 1.0 and prior. I went ahead and checked which squad engines were actually changed by Ven/SXT/RO and switched them back and I'm testing it now, and I'm assuming it will work.

The strange thing I found out before I last ran the game was that I could use the Highly Pressurized fuselage perfectly fine, but the non-pressurized version would give me the issue where it would connect for a second then bug out and destroy the attachment nodes.

Hopefully this takes care of it.

Also, THANK YOU, I didn't realize proc fairings was causing those ghost nodes and that was driving me crazy, but the issue with the regular fuselage connecting for a second and then removing the nodes from the root piece and fuselage itself would leave a ghost node below the are I attempted to connect them as well.

I'm not sure if an edit would warrant any attention, but I'm running into further problems than just the engine nacelle/pre-cooler and non-pressurized fuselages not connecting to nodes correctly. It's moved on to certain docking ports, and a number of seemingly random items from all over the tech tree (the docking port that has the issue is the non-nasa "in-line" docking port that has an opening hatch that opens in order to dock. Sometimes after a ship or something similar has been built and I attempt to attach one of these it reacts like it will attach to the node, then it grays out sort of like it's not selected, but then when i attempt to throw the part to the trash it's like it has become the new root part and anything I tried attaching it to follows with it. Sometimes I'm able to trash these items, but sometimes I have to start an entirely new project from scratch (or load a save, hopefully one made during the creation of whatever I'm working on). I have no idea what could be causing the issue, as it has some very strange results, and any mod-conflicts that may seem obvious (like node resizer or something similar) don't do a thing to help. I have logs disabled at the moment to help the game run more smoothly, but next time I run the game I'll turn on logs and recreate the bug, and hopefully NathanKell or someone familiar with KSP modding can help diagnose the issue.

I have the following issue:

[Exception]: MissingFieldException: Field '.CelestialBody.maxAtmosphereAltitude' not found.

It keeps spamming constantly. This seems to only happen when using jet engines. Rockets or planes with rocket engines on them don't throw this exception. I have the following mods installed right now:

AJE

CommunityResourcePack

CrossFeedEnabler

EngineGroupController

FerramAerospaceResearch

KerbalJointReinforcement

Kopernicus

ModularFlightIntegrator

ModuleRCSFX

RealChute

RealFuels

RealHeat

RealismOverhaul

RealPlume

RealSolarSystem

RSS-Textures (4096)

SmokeScreen

SolverEngines

Squad (ha)

ModuleManager.2.6.8.dll

As you can see this is basically a default install. I've included a snapshot of my log where things seem to be messed up. I was hoping someone either has a solution or can translate the FAR message for me. Also this is a 32 bit install despite the folder saying x64. I've gone all the way back to a fresh install after I discovered this issue. Thanks much! :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Filename: Line: -1)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at FerramAerospaceResearch.FARPartGeometry.GeometryModification.IntakeCrossSectionAdjuster..ctor (.PartModule intake, Matrix4x4 worldToVesselMatrix) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at FerramAerospaceResearch.FARPartGeometry.GeometryPartModule.SetupICrossSectionAdjusters () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at FerramAerospaceResearch.FARPartGeometry.GeometryPartModule.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

MissingFieldException: Field '.CelestialBody.maxAtmosphereAltitude' not found.

Autogen thumbnail for D:/Kerbal Space Program Installations/Kerbal Space Program 1.0.4 RSS x64/KSP_Data/../Ships/@thumbs/SPH/Aeris 3A.png (Stock) from D:\Kerbal Space Program Installations\Kerbal Space Program 1.0.4 RSS x64\Ships\SPH\Aeris 3A.craft

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

Updating Aeris 3A

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)