[1.1.2] Realism Overhaul v11.0.0 May 8

Felger

So the problem is in weight..... that explains why fuel tank about the same size as a procedural interstage installed between engine and tank didnt wobble. Maybe changing part weight in cfg file can help?

Yeah that would probably fix it. Now that I think of it, it is almost certainly because of the top decoupler has too much mass.

Edit: Also, the extra mass is probably the reason the cover "sticks" to the capsule after being jettisoned.

Edited by plasmeus

Hi everyone! For some reason, after installing all the necessary mods via ckan, the game stops loading parts at around 3/4 of the way and the line shows the next: ProceduralParts/ZOtherMods/RFSRB/proceduralISRBRealFuels. I was trying to use x64 bit version. Is it some kind of incompatibility problem?

Yeah that would probably fix it. Now that I think of it, it is almost certainly because of the top decoupler has too much mass.

If you find that decreasing decoupler mass leads to part wobbling, you might want to think about de-physicalizing the part. (PhysicsSignificance = 1)

I've done that with several problematic parts including the 5 meter KWR decouplers and haven't regretted it once.

Hi everyone! For some reason, after installing all the necessary mods via ckan, the game stops loading parts at around 3/4 of the way and the line shows the next: ProceduralParts/ZOtherMods/RFSRB/proceduralISRBRealFuels. I was trying to use x64 bit version. Is it some kind of incompatibility problem?

What you could do is go manualy delete that specific part and try again but I'll stop you there. It is explicity written here and on several of the dependent mods that it does not work in x64.

What you could do is go manualy delete that specific part and try again but I'll stop you there. It is explicity written here and on several of the dependent mods that it does not work in x64.

So, it's better not even try to run RSS on x64, right? Because on x32 game starts nicely

If you find that decreasing decoupler mass leads to part wobbling, you might want to think about de-physicalizing the part. (PhysicsSignificance = 1)

I've done that with several problematic parts including the 5 meter KWR decouplers and haven't regretted it once.

My only wish is that de-physicsing a part didn't remove its mass from the rocket. Ah well, c'est la vie.

I have carefully gone over the FASA apollo cm config to try to find the cause of its reentry problems. based on some quick calculations I did the mass for the capsule itself seems about right but I am not sure if the top decoupler has been included or not in the mass. It is either that, or the center of mass is off. Or worse still its aerodynamics could be off.

This should be fixed in the next release. **fingers crossed**

I would gladly help! Also I am working on an entire Delta series of launchers pack for KSP. Currently in the modeling phase! :D

So, I think the best pack, if you're still interested, would be the US Probes pack, since the Delta series put a few of those in orbit!

So, it's better not even try to run RSS on x64, right? Because on x32 game starts nicely

That's correct. Unfortunately, the windows 64-bit version is horribly unstable, so most modders don't feel like sorting out the difference between actual bugs, and inherent-to-ksp-64-being-unstable bugs.

Well, or you could use DX11 mode ("-force-d3d11-no-singlethreaded -popupwindow"), ask NathanKell for a 64bit RSS and download the rest from the unofficial forks thread. That'd leave you without RealChutes, but the game is playable without them and there's the Landertron XT plugin for all your propulsive landing needs.

Gentleman. I believe we have a problem. My spacecraft weighs a multiple of planet Earth's Weight. 2.25x10^25 Kilograms. Earth weighs 5.9x10^24.

I'm pretty sure this is a bug, that or Earth would probably be destroyed by the gravitational forces...

Every time I hit "Return to launch pad" I think the rocket's weight grew exponentially...

The culprit, is the procedural separator, and it seems to be the part that grows in mass. Has anyone else seen this problem?

Mass (ive) problem: http://imgur.com/a/dxWNF

Output_log.txt: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzwBQu9jNY8cT01sWGpNUnpzZGs/view?usp=sharing

Craft File: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzwBQu9jNY8cTUJHMXpfdXlOQlU/view?usp=sharing

And thanks for the amazing mod with amusing failures!

It's a very good thing you don't have Principia installed. You'd royally screw up the orbital path of the Moon with antics like that!

That is a very strange bug, first glance, the Ares CTV's procedural parts are throwing a boatload of NullRef Exceptions when you load it up. Have you tried updating Procedural Parts? (No idea if the new version solves any of that kind of issue)

Gentleman. I believe we have a problem. My spacecraft weighs a multiple of planet Earth's Weight. 2.25x10^25 Kilograms. Earth weighs 5.9x10^24.

I'm pretty sure this is a bug, that or Earth would probably be destroyed by the gravitational forces...

Every time I hit "Return to launch pad" I think the rocket's weight grew exponentially...

The culprit, is the procedural separator, and it seems to be the part that grows in mass. Has anyone else seen this problem?

Mass (ive) problem: http://imgur.com/a/dxWNF

Output_log.txt: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzwBQu9jNY8cT01sWGpNUnpzZGs/view?usp=sharing

Craft File: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzwBQu9jNY8cTUJHMXpfdXlOQlU/view?usp=sharing

And thanks for the amazing mod with amusing failures!

TweakScale does that I noticed. The solution I found was to launch with it, and then revert to the VAB and the mass resets itself to a proper more reasonable amount. This happens with practically ALL the tweakscalable parts. Structural parts and everything do the same.

Bz3duVR.png

Edited by ANWRocketMan

TweakScale does that I noticed. The solution I found was to launch with it, and then revert to the VAB and the mass resets itself to a proper more reasonable amount. This happens with practically ALL the tweakscalable parts. Structural parts and everything do the same.

http://i.imgur.com/Bz3duVR.png

No clue how to help you, but I have to say that this is a fascinating bug! :D

I'm not the one with the issue. Guy on previous page had more or less the same problem. You can get around it by launching and reverting to the VAB. I'm not sure whether it's TweakScale or the RO configs that add TweakScale to these parts. Not too big an issue, honestly.

I am having an issue getting RO to install using CKAN puffy planet. It downloads the required mods, then begins to list the mods it's installing, then just says it's done, and nothing is installed! I've tried rolling back to the last stable version of CKAN, but it wouldn't even boot up. I then rerolled to puffy planet and tried to install one-by-one, and for some reason cannot get FAR to install, is this a clue, or the same bug? How do I get it to work?

FYI, I am using a clean install, moved away from my steam install, with the CKAN install path updated to suit.

I haven't played RSS for some months and i see a lot has changed. As i can see, no engines packs (RTFS, realengines) are required anymore?

No, Realism Overhaul succeeded realengines, and is now an engine pack in and of itself.

No, Realism Overhaul succeeded realengines, and is now an engine pack in and of itself.

But looks like the've changed engine stats. As for LR-89 - earlier it was a 2m engine with 840 ish thrust, but now it's 1,6m (although written 2m) and has 750 thrust. This completely messes up my 2m launchers :D

He's right. I have also noticed that if you use the little '>' and '>>' icons, everything scales up properly (most of the time), but with some components using the actual slider to tweak the scale blows up values like ejection force to massive numbers.