[Collection][0.15-0.16] PowerTech v0.2.6

Alchemist

I\'m having some trouble with the PowerSat... In the loading screen, it stops loading. It keeps thinking about the PowerSat part... (I had indeed installed the plugin, I\'m sure)

I never had this problem with ZIP files... Maybe my computer can\'t unpack RAR?

There might be a problem if you have a folder that doesn\'t contain part.cfg in the parts folder. Panel input uses a separate parser, and it seems that I didn\'t think about this possibility.

I said I\'m sorry! I\'m trying to learn but I allready killed 300 kerbans.

I\'m sure that plenty of us here have death counts in the thousands. This\'s something that you\'ll just have to learn.

I\'m having some trouble with the PowerSat... In the loading screen, it stops loading. It keeps thinking about the PowerSat part... (I had indeed installed the plugin, I\'m sure)

I never had this problem with ZIP files... Maybe my computer can\'t unpack RAR?

Download 7-zip it does every type fast. Just unpack to downloads or whereevr you want and copy over as you do.

Whenever the loading bar gets stuck for me I just re copy the files over :D

Okay, here\'s the output from my output_log.txt -

IsolatedStorageException: Could not find file 'E:\Program Files (x86)\KSP\Parts\ExternalTankSkins\part.cfg'.

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.IO.File.OpenRead (System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor (System.String path, System.Text.Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor (System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.IO.File.OpenText (System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PowerSat.onPartLoad () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.OnLoad () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartLoader.ParsePartCfg () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartLoader.doProcessPart (UnityEngine.GameObject[] mdls, Boolean partLabMode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartLoader.startPartAssembly (UnityEngine.GameObject[] mdls) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartSerializer+<loadBinaryMesh>c__IteratorA.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Edit: Found that there was a folder by the name referenced in the Parts folder and deleted it. The addon now works. Looking at the log, your module is queuing a search of the PARTS folder to make sure all of them have a parts.cfg file. This is not normal behavior of the load, so something in your source is calling it when it\'s being loaded. I think that needs to be removed as you\'re modifying the base behavior of the game and that can cause very, very bad problems down the road.

Seems there is more than just one way to deploy solar panels ;)

So, ISS American panels are rather soft and strenched on separate support construction.

When I think about solar panels, I usually imagine something harder. Like these

l3_Pic_103.jpg

l3_Pic_111.jpg

The whole Spektr module had to be sealed off after the accident, which involved cutting the cables by hand to close the hatch while the station was decompressing. Must\'ve been quite a hairy moment for the crew...

Apollo 13 was a near miss, but the entire history of Mir also has a lot of very very close calls that could have killed the crew.

Yup, that\'s the Spektr, after Progress crashed into it. The entire module is totaled, except for the panels, which provided most of MIR\'s power supply.

I\'m having a similar problem to those above. I\'m on the latest version of KSP, and I\'m using the 1.1 plugin. It gets stuck on loading, the readout is as follows:

Cfg Parsing...

AddComponent requested: PowerSat

PowerSat found.

PowerSat

/Users/<redacted>/Desktop/KSP_OSK/KSP.app/Contents

DirectoryNotFoundException: Directory

\'/Users/<redacted>/Desktop/KSP_osx/KSP.app/Contents\.../Parts\' not found.

Any help would be awesome!

DirectoryNotFoundException: Directory

\'/Users/<redacted>/Desktop/KSP_osx/KSP.app/Contents\.../Parts\' not found.

Very strange...

On windows this code gives KSPfolder/KSP_Data\../Parts that equals to KSPfolder/Parts

Where is Parts directory on mac? I can try to add the alternative way.

Wow, man, thanks a ton for doing this for me! :o

(the sad thing is, it still doesn\'t work, now reading \'/Users/<redacted>/Desktop/KSP_osx/KSP.app/Contents\..\../Parts\'. Has it moved down one instead of up two? I also tried making a parts folder with the powersat in the folders it appears to be consulting, no luck there.)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.