[Collection][0.15-0.16] PowerTech v0.2.6

Alchemist

I'm presenting my new addon series. Most of the parts and packs will use PowerTech.dll (for sources and officially published part module specifications see the plugin thread), however there will be also demo-compatible versions (if it's possible)

PowerTech.dll v0.2.6

compiled for KSP 0.15.2. KSP 0.16 compatibility approved. Compatibility not guaranteed for other versions

PowerSat

Description: automated communications satellite with multiple advanced features:

Currently implemented:

*Deploying and rotating solar panels (and they have their collider meshes).

*The satellite changes its vessel name to 'PowerSat %mother craft name%' instead of '%mother craft name% Debris'

*Attitude control (gyroscopic) - the satellite points to the ground

*Solar panel orientation - the satellite uses roll control and panel rotation to turn the solar panels to the Sun.

*PowerSat recognized as comsat in The_Duck's Satellite Relay Network.

*Attitude control during timewarp and automatic attitude adjustment when loading already deployed satellite.

*The satellite can be deployed and undeployed by right-click menu.

Planned:

*Other attitude control modes: other celestial body or some absolute direction (for telescopes and interplanetary relay satellites)

*Orbit correction engine

*Control panel

*Orbit correction autopilot

*Special control panels and autopilot programs for stationary/synchronous orbits

Full version: http://www./?193xi5q00po6g4j

Requirements: KSP 0.14 or higher, PowerTech.dll v0.1 or higher

Demo compatibility: none

http://youtu.be/MQUyJp8j2vo

http://youtu.be/HQVG3hPMQlY

be08b43c9ac7.jpg

ef570a13db65.jpg

Instructions:

Get it to the orbit, activate it and fly a bit away from it. It will deploy the panels and the antenna, then the attitude control will activate.

Zoxygene recharge panels - PowerTech edition

The module combines panel features of Zoxygen and PowerTech as well as adds some new features.

To be used with Zoxygene addon (v0.5+)

Once deployed, the panels turn themselves to the Sun and produce Zoxygen depending on attitude.

Warning: high drag coefficient and low durability. Do not deploy in the atmosphere!

Full version: http://www./?vtcenpt4c5w2965

Requirements: KSP 0.14 or higher, PowerTech.dll v0.2.3 or higher, Zoxygene v0.5 -0.5.2.

Demo compatibility: none

Credits: Original model by l00 (Zoxygene). Edited and adapted by Alchemist.

Instructions:

Activate the panels and ensure their rotation axis doesn\'t points to the Sun.

Soyuz solar panels (animated by PowerTech)

Animated Soyuz solar panels.

The solar panels from Xemit's Noyuz pack animated by PowerTech. These panels are deployable but do not rotate.

Full version: http://www./?sxkicfwxv47ob2j

Requirements: KSP 0.14 or higher, PowerTech.dll v0.2.2 or higher.

Demo compatibility: Demo-compatible (not fully animated) version in Noyuz pack

Credits: Original model by Xemit (Noyuz). Adapted by Alchemist.

Instructions: just place on your craft. These panes are based on solar panels used on Soyuz crafts (most versions, both old and new) and on Salyut 1 station.

If you want the panels to be down-faced, just change rightRotate = 1 to rightRotate = -1 in part.cfg

Edited by Alchemist

This seems really cool! Will try it out now although I don\'t mean to sound ungrateful or anything but the model is kind of plain if you know what I mean.

Well, I\'m not very good at random decals. But there\'s the plugin, so you can make your version ;)

Well, I\'m not very good at random decals. But there\'s the plugin, so you can make your version ;)

Me? Make a part? That\'s impossible, I can model basic shapes in Blender but from that point on, I\'m lost...

Great job so far, I wish I had a clue how to model parts as I would love to make a bit different satellite. In pop culture, a lot of them have a more square shaped body with large rectangular solar panels. Still is wonderful! I am sure some of the new people around here might like a structured release they can just paste in the root directory tho. (dll is in a plugin folder, parts are in, parts :P )

i will tell you whats wrong with me! im adhd!Yes I know it sounds funny but this is something that runs in my family! These letters say that I have attention and concentration problems and hyperactivity so I have very little patience from the others

I\'d love to see what other applications you can come up with for this.

i will tell you whats wrong with me! im adhd!Yes I know it sounds funny but this is something that runs in my family! These letters say that I have attention and concentration problems and hyperactivity so I have very little patience from the others

But it\'s not an excuse to be rude.

Love your parts dude. I was interested in knowing which part of the satellite controls the attitude as I\'d like to build my own satellite out of all the parts I have but really want it to point straight down, ALWAYS! I\'m going to try and put the sat directly above the launchpad in a geosynchronous orbit =P

Oh and must have deployable solar panels as well ;P Do they actually charge anything by way?

Love your parts dude. I was interested in knowing which part of the satellite controls the attitude as I\'d like to build my own satellite out of all the parts I have but really want it to point straight down, ALWAYS! I\'m going to try and put the sat directly above the launchpad in a geosynchronous orbit =P

There are couple more features to be added to the satellite\'s attitude control. Then I\'m planning to put these things into SurfaceSAS module mentioned for space stations and heavy satellites, that will hold surface-relative attitude (even if not in active craft or on rails at all)

Oh and must have deployable solar panels as well ;P Do they actually charge anything by way?

They don\'t charge anything now.

What the hell is wrong with you? He\'s a human being, not some machine that exists solely to do your bidding.

Not only that - LEARN TO BUILD YOUR OWN CRAFT!

(Sorry for all caps, but I\'m getting tired of this entitlement mentality here by some users. If you can\'t build your own ship, then find something else to do. The point of this game is to build your own ships. If you can\'t follow the directions in the readme or figure it out from the images, then don\'t be modding the program.)

Not only that - LEARN TO BUILD YOUR OWN CRAFT!

(Sorry for all caps, but I\'m getting tired of this entitlement mentality here by some users. If you can\'t build your own ship, then find something else to do. The point of this game is to build your own ships. If you can\'t follow the directions in the readme or figure it out from the images, then don\'t be modding the program.)

i said im sorry! im trying to learn but i allready killed 300 kerbans

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.